League of Legends Community
12345 ... 10

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Zed is Too Underpowered. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2796534)

RoastedUlmans 11-13-2012 06:56 PM

Zed is Too Underpowered.

So, after playing a few games I have a lot of comments. For your information these games were played only as a top lane bruiser.

1) The width of his Shuriken is way too small. It is so hard to harass in lane with how little width the shot has.

2) The damage output of his Shuriken is embarrassingly low. Even when building "Glass Cannon," his damage output does not compare to most bruisers.

3) The cooldown on his Living Shadow is way too long, since his only good source of damage is abusing it with Shuriken and Shadow Slash. So essentially you get to burst (with terrible damage) once every 22 seconds.

4) The damage output of Shadow Slash is also absolutely terrible. Although the low cooldown is nice, I just cannot get the damage out on enemy champs that I would like to have.

5) The fact that only his shadow's Shadow Slash slows the enemy champ kills me, since his shadow's cooldown is outrageous.

6) Death Mark's 3 second mark does very little return damage at low levels, especially since his regular damage output is awful.

7) The fact that in order to do decent damage you have to build "Glass Cannon" makes him extremely squishy in team fights and laning especially.

Pretty much what I've seen is that he is extremely squishy and his little damage output does not make up for it.

smokebaca 11-13-2012 07:00 PM

I really hate when people say a champ is under/overpowered in the first day of play

i have played plenty of good/bad zeds today learn to fully play him then come abck and complain if there is an issue

0MN1 11-13-2012 07:07 PM

I agree. He's a rehash of Talon but doesn't have any burst damage.

An assassin who can't burst down a carry is just dead weight on a team.

Sam1722 11-13-2012 07:12 PM

I think he's completely fine, I have played him many times today, and I have always done good... (except first game). Its pretty easy, you harass with your Q then when you get your W you use it in their turret, or wherever they are, then you use your shadow if it was you, so you don't take any damage. If you are out of the laning phase, simply initiate with the shadow then use your R, then use E then Q, this should kill them unless they are extremely fed. When you use your R and W there are 2 shadows mimicking you, so its pretty easy to kill.

SerratedBlaze 11-13-2012 07:16 PM

I have been playing him a lot in dominion and have not had any problem with him being underpowered. i have gotten away with 20 or less life on many occasions without any hp rune or mastery, usually by building prospectors and or phage. Q outright kills at least 2 minions and still hurts squishy champs by mid game. He may not have talons cc or escape or quite katarina's burst but he is entirely capable.

I think its very fair to limit his initiation and damage multiplier move w so that he can not engage multiple fights immediately. his energy consumption backs this up since its not a problem for one fight but a 2nd without cooldown time is an issue. his cd's are tiny and energy is pretty quick to restore so fighting is pretty fluid.

The tactical approach of committing to positioning is everything i wanted from syndra and didn't get (also why i like ori)

the biggest issue is that many items dont really work on him since his kit only rewards pure AD and armor pen. Like talon, crit AS and lifesteal dont really apply. Hoping for another spellvamp ad item soon. phage and hexdrinker work nicely and even going into a aegis would be fine.

RoastedUlmans 11-13-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokebaca (Hozzászólás 31388870)
I really hate when people say a champ is under/overpowered in the first day of play

i have played plenty of good/bad zeds today learn to fully play him then come abck and complain if there is an issue

So are you saying you have played him or played against him because if you have only played against him you have no idea what I'm talking about lmao.

@Sam1722 I agree with you that with that combo it can be an easy kill, but only on squishy champs. Pretty much my whole point here is that he cannot do anything against any tanky champs in the laning phase.

Like yeah if I'm going against a champ like Fiora top lane I should definitely win, but if I'm going against like an Irelia or something I have no chance.

Eufo 11-13-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoastedUlmans (Hozzászólás 31389762)
So are you saying you have played him or played against him because if you have only played against him you have no idea what I'm talking about lmao.

@Sam1722 I agree with you that with that combo it can be an easy kill, but only on squishy champs. Pretty much my whole point here is that he cannot do anything against any tanky champs in the laning phase.

Like yeah if I'm going against a champ like Fiora top lane I should definitely win, but if I'm going against like an Irelia or something I have no chance.

I think Fiora can still rape his ass. Just saying. Her W is far more effective than his.

xJLx MCHammer 11-13-2012 07:21 PM

Actually he isn't weak

RoastedUlmans 11-13-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eufonious (Hozzászólás 31389827)
I think Fiora can still rape his ass. Just saying. Her W is far more effective than his.

Just witnessed someone 7-0 her top lane with Zed.

@xJLx MCHammer please explain.

MSD420 11-13-2012 07:26 PM

So far I have watched Zeds blow all of their cooldowns on an adcs just to do ~40% of the adcs life. He does no damage, even when geared. All he does well is chase, and who wants that? Especially when he gets to his target and then tickles them. He's like the exception to Riot's rule of OP on release.