League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   @ Riot, Thornmail Replacement? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2796468)

Dracothius 11-13-2012 06:43 PM

@ Riot, Thornmail Replacement?

I understand why thornmail was removed. I am simply wondering if we could get another armor item that gives 100 armor. It could have a passive like "10% reduction from damage" or something along those lines. Something that a tank can get along with frozen heart if the enemy team is ad strong. It does not need to damage, or hinder, the attacker in any way. Just something to buff the wearer. I would just like something with a high armor rating. The next step down is 75 and then from there 50.

Snoop Nome 11-13-2012 09:21 PM

I'm going to wait until the Season 3 itemization stuff hits before I make the next big remake pass (if it is necessary).

But on principle, I have to say that I'm not a fan of large chunks of defense.

NotBuzzJack 11-13-2012 10:07 PM

If their AD is hurting to the point where you need Thornmail, it's probably because you don't have the damage to kill them in a timely manner. The best counter to everything is damage.

Warm One 11-13-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotNome (Hozzászólás 31394761)
I'm going to wait until the Season 3 itemization stuff hits before I make the next big remake pass (if it is necessary).

May I ask why (if considering many other items that have very high stats) defense is bad in particular?

An87YearOldWoman 11-13-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotNome (Hozzászólás 31394761)

Not a fan of much are you...

like WARD, fun game play, a game that isn't decided by a single ace at 20 min every time regardless oh who is winning the whole game, good jungle, proper buffs, a game where picking darius isn't an instantaneous win or MAKING THE FANS OF THE OLD F@CKING MAP HAPPY!!!!

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891 11-13-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warm One (Hozzászólás 31396472)
May I ask why, if considering many other items that have very high stats? Why is defense bad in particular?

defense is bad thing in lol since they removed the only anti-defense item : madred bloodrazor.

they needed to removed thornmail because madred was removed too. You simply can't add defensive item if there are no anti-tank item because : defensive stat scale better than offensive, simple as that.

The Untold 11-13-2012 11:24 PM

There are 2 items that have about 100 armor on them plus atma's. If your finding armor hard to come by your not trying hard enough.

Tazac 11-13-2012 11:26 PM

madreds didn't counter TM though, it countered stacking health with items like warmogs. They removed Warmogs from 3v3 too, however they added overlords bloodmail or w/e it's called to replace it. I love being a tank and building thornmail. I hate that they removed that core item without giving a replacement. I really hope there are some solid facts to prove it was OP and that you didn't remove it simply because you are "not a fan of large chunks of defense".

Aradmir 11-14-2012 01:05 AM

That item made it near-impossible to profitably play ad carries on TT.

How is that not "nuff said"?

Dracothius 11-14-2012 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aradmir (Hozzászólás 31399567)
That item made it near-impossible to profitably play ad carries on TT.

How is that not "nuff said"?

Ad carries are the easist thing to play profitably on TT. Followed by tank with Ap carry bringing up the rear. If anyone needed help on TT it was ap characters. Ad carries are so easy that I could fall behind a few lvls and still catch up with the other team pretty easily. The problem is that tanks( I'm talking real tanks with little dmg output compared to other characters) will not have a solid defense against an ad heavy team. Frozen heart doesn't stack so everyone can get 99 armor but now the passive is useless. One could get frozen and one randuins but now someone only has 75 armor instead of 99. I suppose you could all get a randuin and hope a triple activation works. You still have the problem that the best armor you can hope for with two items is going to be around 200(adding in base armor and possible runes). That may sound decent but a low dmg output tank and go try to fight tryn with that amount(or any crit ad build). The point here is that some characters need to be able to get high armor to be viable on TT. This seems to be shifting the goal to play only characters who can output a large amount of damage, not take a large amount. If thats the goal then ok I understand. BTW I am not saying to get an item that hurts the ad carry like thornmail did. Which is why it would shut down some ad carries. I am saying get a high armor item to help characters endure 1500 crits better.