League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   HELP! no idea what to do. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2796353)

badaz181 11-13-2012 06:17 PM

HELP! no idea what to do.

Okay so hey everyone I'm badaz181 its an old clan name but i have a predicament. i am getting the 15000 riot point package for Christmas but i am new to this game... i want to obtain Elise but i like to play as the more "Brute" characters (E.X. Nautilus, Jax, etc.). I personally look at stats and then appearance but Elise has stats that i like and a good appearance but does she do the brute styles, like as in the damage dealt or even just the way she attacks and also does her spider form differ in any ways from her regular form ( like speed attacks damage etc.). Thanks and ill make sure to post more on moi later.

ScorchXBanister 11-14-2012 05:24 AM

Brute characters as in aesthetically indomitable? They just look big?

Elise transforms into a big ass spider, so you shouldn't have a problem there.

Her human form whittles enemies down over time and her spider form brutally assassinates targets with completely different abilities.

DragoonDoug 11-14-2012 05:28 AM

Well first off if you want to make the most out of that 15000 RP then i suggest you don't spend it all at once. Personally i like the 30 day IP boost. Another good idea is buy the characters you like that are expensive with RP when they come on sale, same with costumes. Buying things on sale is a great way to stretch your RP.

When it comes to Elise she is definitely not a brute character, even when you build her full tank shes still a little squishy compared to bruisers or tanks. Her spider form i believe givers her additional speed and some other things, check her under characters to see exactly what. She is free this week though but giver her a try. Her use will depend where you use her. I find her to be squishy and slow to start so jungle can be a bit of a pain. Personally I just think shes not useful yet, I like the concept but shes just not doing it for me yet.

Ecclesian 11-14-2012 10:30 AM

Ya I personally wouldn't get that much RP. Get enough rRP to purchase 3 or 4 champs then get an IP boost.

Elise is one of the best champs in the game. She is also one of the hardest to play and build. I know this because she is one of the top 3 champs I play. I personally like playing high risk squishy complicated champs but Elise is not for someone new. Please listen to me on this.

Elise is on the free rotation right now so try her out abunch before buying her.

You really need to identify your play style and buy champs based on your style. Don't buy champs based on looks. Singed looks really dumb ingame and his artwork but he owns, this is just one example. Heres another example, Syndra looks super cool but isn't really that good and very rarely gets picked.

I suggest checking out champs that are classified as tier 1 and tier 2 as they are the most competitive.

I said this already but really want to stress this, pick champs based on your play style. I always do looks of research on a champ before I buy them. I watch videos to see how they are used and look up builds for them. I also ask other players to tell me about the champs I am interested in and always look for useful solid knowledge about the champ.

Mobafire.com is a great and easy website where you can find good builds and extensive guides for every champ.

Solomid.net also has builds and guides and even has info on which lanes a champ is strong in. Furthermore, they even show you which champs counter other champs and show which ones they are strong and weak against.

I personally know how bad it sux to buy a champ and then suck with that champ and then get super pissed cuz I just wasted money on a champ that doesn't even fit my style. Some champs, like Elise, Anivia, and Oriana have very specific style you MUST play them with and if you don't you won't do any damage all game and likely feed, then after the game your team will report you and you could potentially be banned :/

Test out the free champs to see which ones you do best with. Find your style then come back here and ask which champs fit your style and we will be glad to help you.

:D

ScorchXBanister 11-14-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecclesian (Hozzászólás 31410540)
Mobafire.com is a great and easy website where you can find good builds and extensive guides for every champ.

If you do this, don't tell anyone, because we will all point and laugh at you. Mobafire has popularized some pretty stupid builds for quite some time.

Solomid.net's proven to be more reliable though.