League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 46

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Season 2 Rewards FAQ (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2796322)

Yegg 11-13-2012 07:10 PM

Season 2 Rewards FAQ

Hey all,

I wanted to create a single place where you can find answers to your questions about the Season 2 rewards. If you have additional questions, feel free to ask them in this thread. I'll be checking back throughout the day to answer questions and add them to the FAQ as common themes emerge.

Why don't I have my Victorious Janna skin?

There was an issue with the Janna skin where players who had it were unable to play games. That issue has now been fixed and all players who qualified should have the skin.

My friend already got her summoner icons, why don't I have mine?

The process that grants these icons can take a long time to run in some of the larger regions. During that period some players will receive their icons earlier than others.

Where did the summoner icon borders go?

Summoner icon borders were not a reward for Season 2. We have big plans for icons and we want to give ourselves freedom into the icons themselves as a way of conveying information in the future. All players who achieved a tier during Season 1 received an icon to commemorate that fact.

Why don't I have my Platinum or Diamond forum badge for Season 2?

A subset of players haven't received the appropriate forum badges. This is not specific to ranked team queues; it also seems to be happening to some players who earned them in ranked solo. We are still investigating the root cause of this and we'll be issuing badges to everyone who earned them as soon as we figure it out.

I got my rewards for solo queue but haven't received them for teams. Why is that?

To earn rewards with a team, you had to either join the team before September 1st or win five games with the team in the appropriate queue.

I had five wins with a Platinum 3v3 Ranked Team. Why don't I have a Platinum border in normal games?

Ranked games show the border that you earned in that particular queue. All other game modes show the border that was achieved in the Ranked Solo queue.

This player purchased an Elo boosting service and yet still has his rewards. Why?

We have not finished the full sweep of Elo boosters as of yet. We will be removing rewards retroactively from players that we identify.

What happened with the players who engaged in win trading?

The players involved received a temporary suspension and those teams were disqualified from earning rewards for their members. However, these players were still able to earn rewards from solo queue as well as other teams that achieved their rating legitimately.

Will Elo gained during this preseason go towards Season 3, or will there be another reset?

Yes, Elo earned during the preseason will count towards your standings in Season 3. There will not be another reset.

How can I tell the different Season 2 icons apart?

The one that has a single gem in the center is for solo queue.
The one that has three gems at the top of the cup is for 3v3.
The one that has five gems at the bottom of the cup is for 5v5.
The one that has all of the above as well as a brighter background is the fourth bonus icon.

Can Elo decay affect me during my provisional matches?

We will be changing how Elo decay works in Season 3, but until then, Elo decay can affect players who have a provisional rating above 1400.

Did the Elo decay timer reset when the soft reset happened?

The Elo decay timer was unaffected by the soft reset. It will continue to count from the last time you played a match.

Why can't I see the loading screen borders for my opponents?

We want to be very careful about the information we display on this screen. Even though the loading screen borders are not an exact representation of skill, people will tend to treat them as such, and draw conclusions about which team will win based on the borders. We avoid this problem through only showing the borders to your teammates.

I achieved Gold tier this season, why no forum badge?

We've decided that forum badges should be awarded to the top two tiers each season. Gold was already the first tier to receive Victorious Janna and the profile banner, and we wanted one of the rewards to be exclusive to players who achieved Platinum tier.

Mikey the Bully 11-13-2012 07:11 PM

thanks yegg for your hard work, keep it up!

Treeke 11-13-2012 07:11 PM

I want my summoner Icon :(

Requiem 11-13-2012 07:11 PM

Thanks.

Alamiator 11-13-2012 07:12 PM

OXYCLEAN WORKS 11-13-2012 07:12 PM

Why don't I have your victorious Janna skin?

jimmybob321 11-13-2012 07:12 PM

I got my border for silver but not the icon
Why?

hi im chao 11-13-2012 07:12 PM

Why are there no icon borders?

Im a care bear 11-13-2012 07:14 PM

Please bring back icon borders.

edit: And there's a problem where the PFE banner won't show up unless you specifically chose the PFE icon. This didn't happen back in season 2.
edit2:Thanks, yegg. Answer on page 5.

CARESKISWOWJKS 11-13-2012 07:14 PM

Hey Yegg,
why does it show your ranked 5v5 soloQ border in normal 3s instead of the border you earned in ranked 3s? Doesnt really make sense especially for people that only play 3s and ranked 3s is really the only ranked we play.