League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   My Elo Climb - Season 3 Edition. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2795176)

adc 11-13-2012 02:34 PM

My Elo Climb - Season 3 Edition.

Alright, so, about 2 weeks before the scheduled end of the season, I started up a thread called "My Elo Climb!" (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=30451627 - can be found here). This was basically for me to document how games went.

I got to 1471 top Elo, and had a bunch of crappy teams right around that mark that I just could not carry for the life of me. I got there 3~ times, lost down to 1430~ each time, and eventually gave up after gaining roughly 150-200 Elo over a total of 40 games (the next 40 were me dicking around trying to get above 1470~).

I personally believe that I'm a higher Elo than 1450~, and I'm going to be hopefully duoing with some friends in my placements to get there - and then I'll hopefully continue climbing.

Starting Elo: 1349.

Games Won: 6.
Games Lost: 4.

TL;DR: I'm going to play a ****ton of ranked this season, and I'm going to document it here.

iralos7713 11-13-2012 03:01 PM

Good luck!

adc 11-13-2012 05:06 PM

Sigh. I remember why I hate ranked.

Game 1. Twisted Fate - 5/6/9 - So anyway. Skarner is literally braindead. Dude farms jungle all day, I swear I saw him gank once the entire game. Whatever, I can deal with that. I stomp bottom lane, keep them even despite Ashe being pretty bad. I stomp mid lane, outfarming him by about 80~ despite roaming and keeping bottom in check. My duo partner is top, does well as Yorick against Morde. Oh wait. Skarner doesn't know how to teamfight and is constantly in the back of the fight. Ashe insists on divebombing the enemy carry (though at least Ashe tried to listen when we explained what to do - skarner just raged and said we were bad). ****ing christ. Loss. 1308 Elo.

First placement game. Loss. Why am I not surprised? This ****ing system, man. Why am I being judged because of ******* who just started playing ranked?

Chiatru 11-13-2012 07:42 PM

I suggest you wait a little till all the trolls and bad players go back to their places so you can have some real games

adc 11-13-2012 08:09 PM

Jesus christ. The throws.

Game 2. Orianna - 10/5/14 - Game starts off really well for us. Their Zyra DC'd, I'm up like 100 CS throughout the entire game. We get a commanding lead, until Jax throws two teamfights in a row by getting caught, then Shyvana gets caught right after they take baron. We SOMEHOW manage to hold off everything 4v5 while they had a fed vayne with baron (though we had a fed kog'maw). Win. 1337 Elo.

Primoc Tenebrous 11-13-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AD Bottom (Hozzászólás 31391930)
1337 Elo.

you, sir, get an upvote for the best elo score ever (yeah, i know, everyone has a chance of getting it, but still)

adc 11-13-2012 08:56 PM

Wow.

Game 3. Orianna - 1/7/7 - So Nunu is DC'd until minute two and a half, we have a Mundo jungle against a long range comp so they can't really be ganked, and our AD is Vayne. Top lane does well, got FB against Irelia. We turtle it out for quite a while, losing an inhib because of a stupid decision by top lane. Whatever, we deal with it. We start to gain the upper hand, coming out 1 for 1 and ahead in HP in fights, and then ****ing team goes in a second time and loses because we have no tank anymore and our positioning is trash. And they do this repeatedly, chasing way too ****ing hard like god damn *******. Loss. 1301 Elo.

So I thought placement matches were a chance for good players to get to a higher level - but apparently it's just a chance for the worse players to **** up the good players with trash decisions.

And who the **** goes late game comp in a 1300 Elo game?

ChaoticDeath73 11-13-2012 09:27 PM

can we duo queue. if i fail u can like cuss me out

DarthWhore 11-14-2012 01:18 AM

good luck AD bottom. will follow your thread closely.

Mr Tin 11-14-2012 09:45 AM

glhf