League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Champion Sales RP and IP (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2793717)

Animus Sound 11-13-2012 09:48 AM

Champion Sales RP and IP

Every week Riot puts some champions on sale but it's a discount on RP price only. The champion is still full price for Influence Points. Since most of these sales are on the expensive champions, I think it would be feasible to take 50% off RP price and reduce the IP price by about 10% (5,600) to make it fair while maintaining a reasonable price for some who don't have many opportunities to play and rack up IP. And I am only referring to the 975/6300 champions that take 3-7 days to accumulate the IP for. Even though some have made it apparent to me that you do this as incentive for RP sales, it's just an idea I'd like to share and it could give incentive to play more often and save their RP to buy a skin. Maybe if this doesn't sound like a good idea you (Riot employee who hopefully read this post) could offer something similar to this concept or give a reason why you don't like this idea or why it wont be considered.
- Thank you for your time

Koivu 11-13-2012 09:51 AM

The sale is marketing to encourage and reward people who purchase RP with real money. Reducing IP cost doesn't accomplish either of these things

Xanthalis 11-13-2012 09:58 AM

IP is already free.

advancedAI 11-13-2012 09:59 AM

I'd rather just have them...

For like... Free.

KevinLikesPie 11-13-2012 10:01 AM

They have to make money somehow

Minstrel13 11-13-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animus Reaper (Hozzászólás 31360768)
and 25% off IP price to make it fair and profitable.

Even at 100% mark up, IP sales are not "profitable." IP is free. For example, I hate Zed's Storm Shadow skin, so I won't bother buying the bundle. I'll buy him whenever I have enough IP. If he goes on RP sale before then (unlikely), then I'll buy him with RP, but otherwise, I won't be paying for him at all.

Same thing happened with Elise. I really dislike the "human" form of the Deathblossom skin (even though I think the spider form looks amazing), and I had a bunch of IP saved up, so I used my RP for a Harrowing skin, and bought her with IP

Thunderfrog 11-13-2012 10:26 AM

"Please discount this thing that costs me 0 dollars. Thank You."

Animus Sound 11-13-2012 10:35 AM

Obviously you all think otherwise. But I did have some misleading wording in there. I realized 25% off is too much and changed that, and I know IP is not profitable because it is free. I implore you not to be so harsh as it's just a suggestion, you would discourage people from providing feedback by shutting down their ideas without even being polite about it. And I don't need to tell you this but most champions are bought with IP to save RP for skins and other things bought with RP.

Animus Sound 11-13-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderfrog (Hozzászólás 31362462)
"Please discount this thing that costs me 0 dollars. Thank You."

Nice paraphrase. You missed the part where I wasn't talking about me.

Animus Sound 11-13-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koivu (Hozzászólás 31360901)
The sale is marketing to encourage and reward people who purchase RP with real money. Reducing IP cost doesn't accomplish either of these things

It wasn't meant to.