League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   PVP.net Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Honor for your Opponents (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2793218)

Xillius 11-13-2012 07:46 AM

Honor for your Opponents

I understand the way the honor system works and why it works the way it does.

I would like to just throw it out there that honorable opponent should not be the only option you can honor your opponents for. There are many times that I have learned a great deal from the people I play against... I mean heck I learn more from the people I play AGAINST because well those are the people that BEAT me, not the person trying to tell me what to do that wasn't watching me play.

I know that directly helping the your opponents is not encouraged. I do however see no harm in helping the enemy out in game SOMETIMES when they are getting stomped... unless it is ranked of course and then I hold all my comments until the end. It is simply not fun to play against someone, have 11 kills on them, and then have them build horrible worthless items. Example: "You know Irelia, buying ninja tabi isn't really going to help you out against Singed. Maybe you should buy some magic resist." There is nothing wrong with that. It's no fun stomping on people that don't know how to play against you. There is no fun in this.

After the game I think this person should be able to give me some helpful honor. I mean sure I guess I was an honorable opponent because I tried to help them PLAY the game instead of sitting at base being worthless but I mean come on... helpful is ten times more appropriate than honorable opponent. Maybe they shouldn't be able to give it away right away then. How about after sitting in the lobby for three minutes the other honor options open up. If I'm going to sit in lobby for three minutes you know I'm serious about learning or serious about teaching. Many times I've sat in the after game lobby and chatted away telling people how to beat me, what they did wrong, what they did good and what they should try next time. If I'm sitting in the lobby helping someone from the other team I shouldn't get honorable opponent because I'm not their opponent anymore. Now I'm just another summoner like they are and I'm trying to help them out and become better at the game, isn't that what being helpful is meant to be?

I think opening some more options up for your opponents would really be a good way to help sharpen up the way honor is rewarded. I'm going to come out and say it, I'm not the most honorable opponent. I like to throw stuff back in people's face after they start throwing stuff my way... but I have honorable opponent because the enemy team wants to report top lane for feeding when they are trying their best and I stick up for them in game. One vote at a time I guess.

FraggingBard 11-13-2012 12:09 PM

I've had people threaten to report me when I offered advice to opposing summoners. Best bet is to discuss it with your team first, then if they say no talk about it in post game chat. Honor is a badly designed system anyway, just accept that's what they've got at the moment.

Ideally you would be able to take Honor away since on a long enough timeline everyone is an honorable opponent. Should also be able to give it to people after having played them without being in post game chat, and have 4 options for Honoring a player. Being able to use those 4 options across the board for friendlies and opponents alike as sometimes they're not honorable, but they are helpful. Maybe in Season 4

Xillius 11-13-2012 02:26 PM

not to be rude but your comment literally has nothing to do with what I was posting about

FraggingBard 11-15-2012 04:29 PM

You noted that being helpful is not encouraged, then said you were. I said that it was not only not encouraged, it's downright dangerous to your account's health. Then I agreed that the honor system needs some work, and said your idea would be great if they could be used for both allies and enemies. I then noted they could be just the same four options we have currently (honorable, friendly, helpful, teamwork), which would solve this little issue nicely.

It had everything to do with what you were talking about. Not to be rude, but your comment literally has nothing to do with what I was posting about.

Beaumains 11-16-2012 03:11 AM

Both allies and enemies should have all four options available. If I recognize that the enemy Singed was really good at, well being Singed (i.e. setting his teammates up for sweet sweet gold), then I want to recognize that teamwork. If an ally wasn't particularly friendly, helpful, or coordinated, but was still a good sportsman, I want to be able to recognize that too.