League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What To Do When Playing With Level 30s? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2792239)

Joe10112 11-12-2012 10:52 PM

What To Do When Playing With Level 30s?

I usually play LoL with my Level 30 friends, and with me being only Level 16, it is kind of hard for me to make that jump from my "Elo" to their "Elo". Of course, I get heckled a lot (>.>) by them for making mistakes, not "playing" properly and stuff, and it really just gets on my nerves, as I'm doing my best and playing how I would normally play, but apparently it's not good at all. I played three games, one as Graves, and two as Sona support. I got zoned pretty hard as Graves (even though this shouldn't happen, I feel Graves is kind of hard to play actually, need more practice or tips I guess), and just had no damage potential at all, and was pretty squishy. I got yelled at when I played Sona support because I didn't ward enough (At 30+ minutes, my inventory was literally Heart of Gold, Philo Stone, 20 Wards, since I "didn't ward enough", and when I went to place wards, I'd get ganked or something, and then get yelled at some more...)

I'm kinda just trashed at the moment, I do want to play with my friends, but apparently I just don't know how to play at Level 30. Any tips for me on how to be productive with my Level 30 friends? This happens for such a long time that most times I just want to play with my own Elo (which I tend to do very well in), but then I get heckled because "I play with my own Elo instead of with Level 30s and then I don't learn anything".

So...how should I go about this now?

Míley Dyrus 11-12-2012 11:10 PM

Play at your own level. Learn at your own pace or you'll just end up ragequitting.

iDpark 11-13-2012 01:58 AM

There is a massive difference between 16 and thirty just through runes + masteries.

don't feel bad, learn to play a couple champs well, buy as many champs, play them and learn how they work. At lv 16, experience is the best thing, and learning how to hold a losing lane is valuable.

Additionally, playing safe helps, rushing Gp10's and last hitting under tower.

For every new player, I would reccomend buying all the champions up to and in the 3150 ip bracket. They are relatively cheaper than the 6300, and you should have a large champion pool to pick from, when you get bored. It also get you to learn the champion combos, and how they function, and you also pick up experience in every role. Do learn to play every role, and by all means, master one or two.

Joe10112 11-13-2012 12:55 PM

Thanks guys. I'll probably try to master a few champions. What role do you suggest I play?

Etherimp 11-13-2012 02:17 PM

Stick to support for a while.

Also, don't take the bashing personally. Playing with better players and listening to their rage and trying to take it as constructive criticism will help you become a better player.

Great Pyrenees 11-13-2012 02:26 PM

Here is my advice buy the best XP boost and solo custom games, then play coop vs ai every day for a month. At the end of the month you will be lvl 30 with tons of Ip to buy tier 3 runes. It is not a problem for a player 15 levels higher than you to decimate you even on a tank.

Joe10112 11-13-2012 06:23 PM

Thanks guys, I'll try that. I usually get shoved into Support because no one wants to play it (I'm fine with playing Support, but then again, I apparently "don't do well" anyway...).

MiA Playboy 11-13-2012 06:38 PM

It's only obvious you'll get crushed , Levels 30 have runes , More mastery points and alot more game time experience than you , Just take your time and learn at your own pace.

nwsm 11-13-2012 07:09 PM

You can't have an elo until you're level 30, just so you know. Elo is for ranked play, not normal games.

Here are some tips for supporting, also:
1) You need boots, otherwise you're slow as **** and can't do anything.
2) The heart of gold and philo stone are good for the gp5, so good job there. After this build like an Aegis of the Legion. You want items that either a) negatively affect enemies around you (Frozen Heart) or b)positively affect allies around you (Aegis).
3) You do need to ward often so your lane doesn't get ganked, but only ward when it's safe to do so, like when your adc is near you or you know where at least 4/5 of the enemy champions are so you know you won't die/ can get away if needed.

Honestly, I wouldn't start trying to get tips until you've gotten to level 30. Once you're level 30, you'll know the game pretty well just from experience, then you can worry about getting better.

I would try to not play with your level 30 friends for a while, as it's not fair to them or you.

Good luck!

lastchancexi 11-13-2012 07:32 PM

When you're down masteries and runes, all you can do is build as tanky as you possibly can, support is probably the best role.

Get HoG, get boots, play defensive, look up a warding guide and ward every bush you can. Sona is really solid here, all you need to do is mash W. Don't have 20 wards in your inventory, keep 10 at most (i generally only get 5 at a time). It's really important that you constantly drop it at all times.