League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   A warning to new players!!! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2790393)

Ecclesian 11-12-2012 01:02 PM

A warning to new players!!!

I have been playing video games for nearly two decades. I have never played an online game in all my life that has such an unfriendly and even cruel community as LoL. Though there are friendly and helpful people who play this game, they are rare. Most people would quicker cuss you out all game long and then report you rather than being encouraging and trying to help you. Noob, trash, garbage, worthless, useless, are the most popular words that "ragers" like to throw around.

Do not play any ranked games as the negative player base will often team up against players that are not very good or are new and report them. Only start playing ranked games after you learn what "roles" are and after you are familiar with the currents "metas".

When people begin to act up like this to me, I give them one chance. If they break that chance I mute then by holding down "Tab" and pressing the ignore button. After the game I send a simple report with a quick description of why I am reporting them.

Please do not be discouraged or get your feelings hurt. Just understand that this game has a very cruel player base that is not forgiving for even a single mistake. If you have too, ignore your whole team. It's rare but sometimes I play really bad. When I do play bad, cussing, name calling, and calls to report me come flooding in very quickly so I just mute them all and start hugging turrets until someone else starts doing worse than me.

Having said all this, LoL is the on my top 5 list of best games ever made. LoL is a very fun game that requires skill, co-operation, and communication. One of the coolest things about the game is that it is truly and completely free. If you want, you can save up IP to purchase champs with and never have to spend a single dollar. However, buying RP is a good thing to do as it's the only way to purchase skins. I have several skins and they really add flavor to the game.

Another part of LoL that is really cool and that should not be ignored is the ability to build runes pages. Below are some sample runes page builds that are pretty much universal and that will help new players out ALOT.

Red- Flat AD runes, magic penetration runes, or armor penetration runes
Yellow- Flat HP runes or armor runes
Blue- Flat AP runes, or mana regen runes
Gold- pick runes to fill gold slots that complement the type of build you want. If you want to have extra flat AD, put flat AD runes here.

For spells, I suggest using heal and ghost or heal and flash. Heal heals you and your allies so always try to heal your allies while healing yourself at the same time. Ghost is my favorite summoner spell as it allows my champ to pass through minions and gives a huge movement speed boost. Furthermore, ghost is multi-purpose in that you can use it to chase enemies, run from enemies, or just get around the map quicker. Flash is good to use with ghost as it lets you have even more ways to chase down and or escape. Try practicing flashing over walls and also learning which walls can be flashed over.

As you start learning more about the game, ignite is good to secure those risky kills that almost get away but try not to use it early in a fight unless you are vs-ing a champ that heals them self. Exhaust is another of my favorite spells as it slows the enemy and makes them ALOT weaker. With exhaust you can chase down champs better, make them weaker so they can kill you, and even use it to slow enemies that are trying to chase you.

-_-_-_-_-_-_Champ list for new players_-_-_-_-_-_-

Ranged champs:
-Annie
-Tristana
-Ryze
-Ashe
-Graves
-Lux
-Sivir
-Veigar

Melee champs:
-Garen
-Nunu
-Warwick
-Xin Zhao
-Volibear
-Master Yi
-Olaf

DON'T TRY THESE CHAMPS FIRST UNTIL YOU KNOW YOU KNOW THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Oriana
-Elise
-Vladimir
-Jayce
-Jarvan
-Fizz
-Cassiopeia
-Fiddlesticks
-Karthus
-Kennen
-Kassadin
-LeBlanqc
-Sydra
-Xerath
-Zyra

I might have missed a few champs or incorrectly listed them but I think this is a good list. Btw I have been playing this game since it was sold in a box. I am not a sheep and don't enjoy copy building and copying the "meta". Because of this, I am sure that there are "more experienced" (pfff) players that think they know better than me and who would love to argue and say negative things about me personally. If you are one of these kind GTFO cuz you aren't welcome here.

This is a thread for newer players.

EDIT---

UNLESS YOU HAVE ADVICE FOR NEW PLAYERS GTFO

I slightly edited the first part as I was getting alot of negative feedback on it. The remained is good info. When I was a noob, it took me a long time before I realized there was an ignore button. Furthermore, I really wish I had known what a "meta" was and also more about early builds for the different roles. Not having known these things is the main reason why I dropped into elo hell and have experienced as much negativity as I have from players of LoL.

MĂ­ley Dyrus 11-12-2012 01:06 PM

Hitler was a bad guy.

Fs Son0fSilas 11-12-2012 01:10 PM

>,> A lot of this is based on personal experience and while not entirely false, it pigeon holes the community a bit. Out of every match I've played I can say that less than 5% of my matches involved truly toxic players. Some have been a bit more misguided then others, however in my experience it's not been as severe as you've described.

If I had to be nit-picky I would just go ahead and say everything before "LoL is on my top 5 list" can be construed as a reason to not play.

I CAN EDIT TOO
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2793202
In my opinion how this thread should have looked - Shameless Self promotion!!!

Ecclesian 11-12-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterTangerine (Hozzászólás 31321858)
Ecclesian most recently went 18-9-24 and lost.
I wonder where the inspiration to make this thread came from.

You are the very kind of person I was talking about.

You see it is players like this that make this community suck.

This person didn't even read my full post, instead this person has sought to use information to intentionally belittle me and cause me offense. This is a perfect example of what I am talking about.

Fs Son0fSilas 11-12-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecclesian (Hozzászólás 31322095)
You are the very kind of person I was talking about.

You see it is players like this that make this community suck.

If I had to guess why you are getting down voted it's because of the serious negativety in the opening of your post. Most people will see it and assume that the entire thing just bad mouths this game and it's community

As far what was responded, you have to assume you'll be flamed for it. This is the internet, snide comments are the back bone of this series of tubes. You also don't follow your own advice very well, you say "don't respond to these people" yet automatically call out the fact that the communtiy sucks, when you could have easily ignored what they had to say.

Ecclesian 11-12-2012 01:17 PM

You see how my post gets trolled by people?...

I try to give advice to new players and this is what I get...

This is a perfect example of what I am talking about. These people would rather downvote me and say "snide" things than contribute with advice of their own.

Fs Son0fSilas 11-12-2012 01:24 PM

^ please, read what I attempted to explain. You bad mouthing an entire community. Not only that, but on a forum full of dedicated players who are part of that community that are trying to dispell the image that you've given.

Ecclesian 11-12-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingSilas (Hozzászólás 31322498)
^ please, read what I attempted to explain. You bad mouthing an entire community. Not only that, but on a forum full of dedicated players who are part of that community that are trying to dispell the image that you've given.

I did read what you had to say. I don't what to debate you about this. This isn't why I made this thread.

What I typed is the experience I have had. I am 26 and have played video games for nearly 20 years and I have never met such an unfriendly community that will cuss and vomit their cruelty on your so readily and with such fervor. I'm sorry if this offends you but this is how I truly feel and this is what I have perceived while playing this game. Better to warn players now before they get converted by the infectious disease that controls and perpetuates elo hell. I wish someone would have warned me before I feel into elo hell. I can't tell you how happy I am my elo is getting reset btw.

alpalmoNA 11-12-2012 01:34 PM

" I have never played an online game in all my life that has such an unfriendly and even cruel community as LoL"

You think this is cruel and unfriendly.. You should try WoW... 10000x worse

Fs Son0fSilas 11-12-2012 01:39 PM

That's just it, you've made this post as if it's going to happen 90% of the time for 100% of every new player that starts playing for the first time. You are getting down voted because you're basically saying that every contributer to the New Player Forum is included in this group. People cuss on the internet ****, ****, goddamn, ****ing ********** ****. It's a manual setting, turning it off in game.

"Elo Hell" is the place people go when they can't work as a team. It's where unskilled and over confident players go. I dropped to 899 because I wasn't as try hard awesome as I thought. It wasn't until I decided to improve myself that I made it back up.

Also, I hate to tell you this, but it's a SOFT reset. If you are at 600 you will still likely be below 1000 after they start up the pre-season.