League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   (New) Summoner Spells : Reflect and Avoid (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2790266)

Titan Tactics 11-12-2012 12:30 PM

(New) Summoner Spells : Reflect and Avoid

New Summoner Spell Concepts

Reflect
For 2.5 seconds, you enter an immobile state and reflect any auto-attacks during that time. You ignore all forms of CC during this time and take 50% less damage from spells.
While Reflect is in use you turn a blue-like color and the reflect state can be turned off at anytime by pressing the spell again. (minimum duration 1 second)
Cooldown : 180 seconds

Avoid
Your champion slides in the direction you wish in a near-instant fashion.
If your dash collides with an object you stop at that location. (can not go through walls, enemy minions, enemy champions, enemy structures)
Range : 200
Cooldown : 90 seconds.

Intended Goals behind these New Spells

Reflect
Allow teams to go without a tank in their lineup and still be able to provide enough beef for late game team fights or even to prevent teams from diving you at your tower early game.
Example : Allow your tank for the team to be Irelia and have her dive into the 5 enemies to initiate. Once this happens she fights for a few moments till half health then activates Reflect which provides her the tankiness and attraction for being 1/2 health to benefit the team while they pick off the opponents carries. More diversity in spells towards this area of the game.

Avoid
Provide another type of escape spell that is not up to par with flash in terms of what it can do but can be used more often. Has a lower range then flash, can not go over walls like flash, gets stopped by running into an enemy object or wall unlike flash. But the effectiveness is you can use it more often for dodging skill shots or for getting a poke out or for that edge to safety, whatever the case may be another choice for utility spells.

Edit : Provide the Intended Goals behind these spells & added clarification to reflect state color & turn off and on

For all purposes these are concepts and in any case if Riot was to use them they would most defiantly be altered in the stats category but the overall idea would likely remain similar.

JabaRune 11-12-2012 12:32 PM

I like the second one.

Kanye Thresh 11-12-2012 12:32 PM

i like the avoid idea,
reflect sounds like it would make me rage though lololol

Shaco Malfoy 11-12-2012 12:33 PM

I don't like the second one.

Or the first one.

Cpt DeathZ 11-12-2012 12:34 PM

avoid is flash 2.0

jadeking 11-12-2012 12:35 PM

It is never good for a spell to have a bad effect on you (that is why xerath is not viable)

As for the second option, give a bit lower cooldown, like 75 or 80 seconds and it sounds pretty decent.

Elchulus 11-12-2012 12:36 PM

The first one is ridiculously overpowered.

Second one is viable.

Titan Tactics 11-12-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I thRow CarDz (Hozzászólás 31320484)
i like the avoid idea,
reflect sounds like it would make me rage though lololol

lol

dPslols 11-12-2012 12:40 PM

avoid seems too weak to be actually put to use other than like a re-positioning spell but flash already does that well. additionally it can't go through walls and is easily interrupted so its fairly weak.

the 1st one is kinda like zhonyas except u take damage from spells? and ur in stasis for 2.5 sec? i think it would be great if you could activate it and deactivate it anytime within that 2.5 seconds (puts a skill/ timing twist to the spell)

IS13c7fafe7804f7429d10e 11-12-2012 12:43 PM

This would make carries rage so hard.

Before they realize you're in statis they would have almost killed themselves due to their ridic DPS.