League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Why isn't there an aggressive upgrade to recurve bow (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2789951)

Glow Flies 11-12-2012 10:54 AM

Why isn't there an aggressive upgrade to recurve bow

As soon as you upgrade recurve bow it becomes a bruiser item, even though it's cost per attack speed is very nice for ad carries. (The item ideas I'm about to propose are blatantly overpowered but would still be a niche item for on hit people to increase their damage output.)

(1050+1050+1500=3600) Recurve bow+Recurve bow+1500 gold=80% attack speed and 5% ms. Extremely op on Irelia and vayne
(1050+420+420+1000=2890) Recurve bow+dagger+dagger+1000 gold= 70% attack speed and applies a debuff that increases damage dealt to target by 1.5/3/4.5% Very strong on teemo.
(1050+1195+800=3045) Recurve bow+zeal+800 gold= 70% attack speed 20% crit chance and 6% ms.

I see why riot would have issues balancing item upgrades for recurve bow because it is very cost effective they wouldn't want its upgrades to be slot efficient.

So change recurve bow to 1300 gold and keeping the bruiser upgrades for it the same total cost (removing 250 from all of their combine costs)

Peligrad 11-12-2012 11:07 AM

Not really sure why you need the r bow specifically to upgrade?

I mean...there are lots of dagger items that are designed for carries...

Making for tons of AS options...

There is no real reason why there needs to be a r bow recipe...

If you want AS as an ADC there are greaves and zeal/PD

Until next season when they get changed there is also the BC and Ionic Spark...

Also, the stinger is an under-used but cost effective source of AS...

Glow Flies 11-12-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peligrad (Hozzászólás 31317370)
Not really sure why you need the r bow specifically to upgrade?

I mean...there are lots of dagger items that are designed for carries...

Making for tons of AS options...

There is no real reason why there needs to be a r bow recipe...

If you want AS as an ADC there are greaves and zeal/PD

Until next season when they get changed there is also the BC and Ionic Spark...

Also, the stinger is an under-used but cost effective source of AS...

The problem is that out of all the attack speed items zeal/pd are the only ones good for late game. The only dagger items designed for carries are pd/zeal because the rest are on hit items.

TheLastBaron88 11-12-2012 01:40 PM

With both Madred's and Ionic Spark being removed, does Recurve Bow still build into anything? They should either add new AS items including it in the recipe or just take the thing out completely.

67chrome 11-12-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastBaron88 (Hozzászólás 31322987)
With both Madred's and Ionic Spark being removed, does Recurve Bow still build into anything? They should either add new AS items including it in the recipe or just take the thing out completely.

It still builds into Wit's End, and the 2 dominion-exclusive items Kitae's Bloodazor and The Lightbinder. But with Stark's and Ionic Spark gone it does seem to be getting less relevant.

I wish they moved The Lightbinder to Summoner's Rift though, that thing is amazing for stopping all dem obnoxious brush jukes (and pew-pewing things when you condemn them into a wall).

Pitufito Dell 11-12-2012 02:36 PM

Stat sticks!

TheLastBaron88 11-12-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67chrome (Hozzászólás 31324238)
It still builds into Wit's End, and the 2 dominion-exclusive items Kitae's Bloodazor and The Lightbinder. But with Stark's and Ionic Spark gone it does seem to be getting less relevant.

I wish they moved The Lightbinder to Summoner's Rift though, that thing is amazing for stopping all dem obnoxious brush jukes (and pew-pewing things when you condemn them into a wall).

Ah, thank you. I rarely build wit's end, since I never really know which characters to build it on and when. I figure it to be a more common item for jungling, which I'm not able to do, really.

Since you mention it, it is upsetting that Lightbinder (thought it was Lightbringer?) is Dominion only. I didn't think Dominion even had a jungle, which is where this item would really shine. (pun intended) The utility really would be incredible and give ranged ADCs a reason to build an actual utility item for a change. Not counting the odd Frozen Mallet and purely defensive GA of course. Not to mention the counterplay it would provide against those slippery Shacos and Wukongs, among other irritatingly elusive junglers.

67chrome 11-12-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastBaron88 (Hozzászólás 31325571)
(thought it was Lightbringer?)

Woops, yup. You're right there.

For the most part it's only really useful on aggressive ADs that have trouble with brush (ie Vayne). If you're not the greatest duelist it's not great (why would you chase an assassin in the jungle if you weren't a solid duelist?), and if you aren't a good enough duelist to make someone attempt to run away via stealth it's not that great either (considering while it reveals stealthed units, it only reveals the ones you actually hit - so if they utilize stealth to jump on your face it's won't help worth diddly).

Overall on AD champions like Fiora Oracle's Extract is just a better way to deal with stealth, though I'd imagine in Summoner's Rift it would see a solid amount of use when lanning against stealth champions in general.

TheLastBaron88 11-12-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67chrome (Hozzászólás 31327914)
Woops, yup. You're right there.

For the most part it's only really useful on aggressive ADs that have trouble with brush (ie Vayne). If you're not the greatest duelist it's not great (why would you chase an assassin in the jungle if you weren't a solid duelist?), and if you aren't a good enough duelist to make someone attempt to run away via stealth it's not that great either (considering while it reveals stealthed units, it only reveals the ones you actually hit - so if they utilize stealth to jump on your face it's won't help worth diddly).

Overall on AD champions like Fiora Oracle's Extract is just a better way to deal with stealth, though I'd imagine in Summoner's Rift it would see a solid amount of use when lanning against stealth champions in general.

Or it could really help with teamfights that break out in the jungle. I hate when my ranged ADC stops chasing the moment I lose line of sight. Having Lightbringer in SR would be great for helping your team to chase down stragglers, and the amazing utility offered would be offset by the lack of damage it affords you. Could really help to make Ashe a more competitive choice, since she basically gets that built-in Frozen Mallet, but lacks the damage of other ADCs.
Lightbringer would also help alleviate some of the frustration players suffer when playing against Akali, by allowing some real counterbuilding options. Caitlyn's Ultimate is about the only thing I have discovered so far which really hardcounters stealth champions. It is hilarious to watch an Akali standing in her smoke cloud trying to figure out how my team is still hitting her.

Peligrad 11-13-2012 08:34 AM

The lightbringer is bad for balance tbh.

Its fine on objective maps, but on maps where team fights occur, one light bringer would make every stealth champion useless.

It won't happen...for good reason...

Adding the item would take Akali, Kha'zix, Shaco, Talon, Twitch, Vayne, and Wu'Kong out of competition.