League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Made myself look like a fool in DoTA2..... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2789660)

Postal Twinkie 11-12-2012 09:14 AM

Made myself look like a fool in DoTA2.....

My only MOBA experience is LoL and about 2 games of HoN. That is it.

I was given a key to DoTA2 by my brother and started to play a few games with him. Great game, having lots of fun, no Flash, etc. Going in I knew it was a pretty brutal game and not forgiving of mistakes, but I was managing. I am still not used to the massive HUD or the crazy as all hell store layout, but hopefully those are more polished.

Anyways....

Flash forward several games and I am playing top lane with a friend of my brothers. I am just getting destroyed, well, we all sort of are, and I start smack talking the other team. Just poking a little fun at them, nothing over the top, all in good fun. Well the other team didn't respond, so I jabbed again, tossed a few one liners at them. It was at this moment my team started laughing at me, over voice chat, actually laughing. The Australian guy about fell out of his chair laughing at me as it seems. Why?! I was perplexed....

But not for long....

As it turns out, I wasn't made aware of this, we were playing against bots. Yes, the AI controlled bots. The bots that were ganking, warding, trapping, and just utterly destroying my face. So much so that I thought they were real players, because bots just aren't supposed to be that good!

Bots that were so good I was taunting them and smack talking to them, all to the utter delight of my own team! Thank you Valve, for making me look like a fool!

Light LaserTower 11-12-2012 09:19 AM

LOL, we need those bots.

MasterfulWizard 11-12-2012 09:19 AM

lol that is hilarious

Exoctane 11-12-2012 09:28 AM

That's quite awesome...I agree with light, bots like that would be awesome

Postal Twinkie 11-12-2012 09:31 AM

These were the "medium" bots. According to everyone else the hard bots would make me cry in a corner...

They make everyone cry in the corner.

Jaykoboy 11-12-2012 10:16 AM

As someone once said, the bots in DotA make the bots in League look like they were programmed by feral cats.

lmbajoe 11-12-2012 11:32 AM

Haha that's awesome

Jesus the Friend 11-12-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaykoboy (Hozzászólás 31315765)
As someone once said, the bots in DotA make the bots in League look like they were programmed by feral cats.

+1 lol

shal128 11-12-2012 11:44 AM

I feel you... Yesterday I played against Unfair bots (they behave like the hard ones, but getting around 30% extra gold and XP). Despite having 2 friends that are pretty experienced on my team, we won by a hair's breadth (and only because we split pushed and evaded frontal fights). I'm so scared of them now.

Fox P McCloud 11-12-2012 11:50 AM

Yup; DotA bots' behavior is top notch; they know how to stack jungle camps and will even do Roshan when it's advantageous.

Unfortunately, in the LoL topic about AI, we were given a pat answer and told not to ask any questions about DotA bots, something along the lines of "two reasons: town scroll and CC; if you don't know what this means or can't figure it out, then I suggest you look into the difference between the two systems".

I'm really not sure what that means, but it sounds like deflecting, to me.