League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Why no wards is a good thing (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2789364)

LionStout 11-12-2012 07:32 AM

Why no wards is a good thing

Seriously guys wards om 3s is just lame. I remember once you hit a certain elo on 3s the dame went from league of legends to Ward Wars. It literally was such a waste of time and gold at that. Note I am talking about even matched teams, where the game became so centered around wards all fun was lost. I'm sorry but I actually stopped playing 3s because of 2 things. First ward wars is just not that much fun for 60 minutes. Secondly the pulling minions into base had an added negative affect on gameplay.

That being said Riot I wanted to thank you for getting rid of wards on 3s. Game feels more challenging and fun having to use more map awareness and raw skill.

What I did like about the old TT?

The map I do miss, just not it's flaws. I loved the outlay of the jungle. I feel new map jungle is lackluster, and if enemy team has a jungles....you know exactly where to find him. I'm not gonna demand for it back but if some of the new traits of SIsles were applied I prolly would like the old TT more. But as of now I can't say that I miss the 60 minute chess matches, just the map itself.

But I do understand its not all about me and what I like so it will be interesting to see what they do in the future after all the collective and valuable feedback I have seen on the forums.

Fronslin 11-12-2012 08:10 AM

Im glad there are no wards, but my question for you is do you think that no wards provides an incentive to grab Clairvoyance?

MaximusEvil 11-12-2012 08:15 AM

I hate the fact there is no wards, It makes for a very weak early game, and a highly deceptive mid game, and a boring late game.

Bring back wards to make it more intresting, I wouldn't even care if they only lasted 2mins instead of 3mins

Boagster 11-12-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fronslin (Hozzászólás 31311404)
Im glad there are no wards, but my question for you is do you think that no wards provides an incentive to grab Clairvoyance?

I tried it a few games. While it can definitely help avoid bad situations, it does limit your tools to help win fights. I'd rather just grab a vision item.

SaveTheMaids 11-12-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaximusEvil (Hozzászólás 31311479)
I hate the fact there is no wards, It makes for a very weak early game, and a highly deceptive mid game, and a boring late game.

Bring back wards to make it more intresting, I wouldn't even care if they only lasted 2mins instead of 3mins

Not being able to ward really hurts if you're using a less mobile champion.
If the enemy has a fed Darius/Singed/Rengar/Olaf, going into your own jungle is terrifying... especially mid-late game. No wards give champions like them too much lee-way.

Even leaving the base by a few inches feels risky when I can't ward.
In an even game it just makes both sides hesitate to engage and/or stray too far from their base... making a 30 minute game into a 50+ minute game.

Warlock7x 11-12-2012 02:06 PM

I don't mind that there are no wards honestly, most support champions just can't pull weight in 3v3, the bruisers, APs and ADs really need their gold for items anyways, and if stealth is really a problems most champions still have items available for that. Pretty good idea to take out wards in my honest opinion.

Gobul Gobbler 11-12-2012 02:15 PM

I agree with removing wards, but I think there needs to be some kind of replacement. I came up with Motion Sensors. They let out a ping whenever someone/something passes by them, but give no sight. This could help with stealth champions reigning supreme without giving you so much for such little gold.

I've discussed this idea in a bit more detail here: Link

MaximusEvil 11-12-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaveTheMaids (Hozzászólás 31320247)
Not being able to ward really hurts if you're using a less mobile champion.
If the enemy has a fed Darius/Singed/Rengar/Olaf, going into your own jungle is terrifying... especially mid-late game. No wards give champions like them too much lee-way.

Even leaving the base by a few inches feels risky when I can't ward.
In an even game it just makes both sides hesitate to engage and/or stray too far from their base... making a 30 minute game into a 50+ minute game.

^_^