League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   nasus help (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2788146)

Jaxller 11-11-2012 06:25 PM

nasus help

I like nasus. i understand the idea of "farm for 40 minutes, take 4 towers and hem smash faces." but when do i pick him and with what team comps.

EDIT: i don't know what to build him after Boots tri force 2 gp5 (and turning them into omen and speed crown.)

Amatzikahni 11-11-2012 07:23 PM

You want to pick Nasus against a champ who just likes to farm, like Irelia or Yorick.

Your core is something like Philo HoG Glacial Sheen with choice boots. After those, Shurel, FH, TF, BT, FoN/BV, GA, LW, Mallet, Atma's, and Mog are all good choices which you should build situationally.

Jaxller 11-11-2012 07:46 PM

what about tri force?

Amatzikahni 11-11-2012 09:03 PM

I use TF for Trinity Force; it's often an acronym for Twisted Fate but I've seen enough people use it for TriForce that I have to think about the sentence context.

Kaoelith 11-12-2012 12:52 AM

generally on nasus you build super tanky and let your q farm own

boots>philo>hog>trifroce>frozenheart>ga>fon>shurey lias

sell hog just before last item, obviously build isn't in order get what you need as you need it

you generally pick him when you can farm easily, against a low harass champion such as yorick(q ghouls=profit), shen, irelia, malph

as for team comp, you want a lot of cc for your team already since you offer none except a slow, but at max rank its amazing since it slows attack speed also

Jaxller 11-12-2012 01:22 PM

what about avarice blade? is that an okay item on him? also, what about CD boots?

Amatzikahni 11-12-2012 02:30 PM

You're constrained to your mana regen while farming; even a Philo won't keep you up forever, so you'll need to go back once you're oom to continue farming. Ionian is a complete waste since the creeps won't be coming faster and you need to tank for teamfights (tabi/merc). If you want more CDR, either grab a Brutalizer and sell it once you need space for a sixth item or hope you kill an enemy with Blue (since MR/18 Glyphs are better than CDR and you shouldn't be getting any CDR masteries). Avarice Blade likewise is a waste since you won't be getting IE nor Youmuu's and you don't really focus on crits; Nasus is one of the game's heaviest farmers, so getting most GP10 items is a waste unless you're going to build from them.

Jaxller 11-12-2012 06:54 PM

when is a good time to stop farming?

SavageWolves 11-12-2012 07:00 PM

Nasus is also strong against melee heavy teams, as his ult works really well against them.

Once your team needs a tank (aka mid game) you should roam around and help.

Jaxller 11-13-2012 12:43 PM

odd... i heard it was smart to try to backdoor for a long about of time then go in when your Q is doing massive damage...