League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The point of draft picks (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2786862)

KingSnafu 11-11-2012 12:34 PM

The point of draft picks

Since every game i play anymore people say "first pick get first choice" or NO I CALLED IT!!!
I figured id enlighten people on the entire reason draft exists... to counter pick the other team (sounds like common sense but common sense isnt common anymore) and believe it or not there is a order in which the roles should be picked based on where you placed in the draft not based on what you "call" it is supposed to go in the order of importance based on whos likeliest to be countered and who is affected most by being countered the order being

First pick:support
Second pick:jungle
Third pick:adc
Fourth pick:top
last pick:mid

ADC and top picks can go either way but for the rest it makes absolutely no sense for them to be picked in a different order. If you want to "call" a specific character because you need to practice it that is what normal non draft is for.

PogoPogoPogoPogo 11-11-2012 12:42 PM

Counter picks don't mean as much as you think they do.

Falcodile 11-11-2012 12:46 PM

Its hard, when the other 4 people in the team rant about they calling the positions first, I tried before, but its imposible unless you are premade :/

KingSnafu 11-11-2012 12:49 PM

its a simple advantage that there is no reason not to have and the only reason its never gotten is because of kids who think because there shen or blitz it makes em win logic seems lost on 20 and under anymore

KnightxSScarlett 11-11-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo (Hozzászólás 31285710)
Counter picks don't mean as much as you think they do.

They mean a lot more than you think they do. If you counterpick mid, you're set to dominate the lane. That means your midgame presence is more powerful than theirs. Same deal with top lane, and if mid/top and dominating, that leaves your jungler to pressure bottom and help it snowball too.

Sky Mence 11-11-2012 03:08 PM

Well, safe picks exist for a reason

TeknoWizard 11-11-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior (Hozzászólás 31287117)
They mean a lot more than you think they do. If you counterpick mid, you're set to dominate the lane. That means your midgame presence is more powerful than theirs. Same deal with top lane, and if mid/top and dominating, that leaves your jungler to pressure bottom and help it snowball too.

Still. Many people blow it completely out of proportion. "OMG Talon against Annie. GG now. I quit." I exagerate, but some people do stuff similar to this. If you play Jax REALLY well, then the Malphite against you isn't that huge of a deal.

And yeah. If first pick wants mid, he gets it. Life is hard, I know, but sometimes you just gotta deal with stuff.

PurpleBlitz 11-11-2012 03:16 PM

i feel top should be 1st or last because of how many stupidly powerful tops there are- yorick, jayce, shen, nidalee, irelia even singed. maybe I'm stupid but if top gets a strong pick they can carry entire games, I'm talking games where nidalee or jayce can poke u so hard u can't get into temafights. or last because if top gets a bad match up its a strain on jungler and they are the most isolated perosn on thier team

KingSnafu 11-11-2012 03:20 PM

top is near the bottom because like is said above if you see someone picks jax you can then counter him with malph making them either have to be really good at jax and u bad at malph if thats not the case u win the lane, whereas with support counters affect them very little compared to the rest, also every champ has a counter so if you are near last theres a very good chance you already know who there top is going to be and can then counter it

KingSnafu 11-12-2012 09:42 AM

bump