League of Legends Community
12345 ... 9

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Renekton Buff Idea and calculated proof that Renekton needs a buff. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2785844)

500 Elo Smurf 11-11-2012 01:16 AM

Renekton Buff Idea and calculated proof that Renekton needs a buff.

Hello there everyone.

Once again I am making a Renekton suggestion thread which will probably get ignored like most other ones, but it's worth a try.

This time I will show you why Renekton needs a small buff.

1) Right off the bat we can see that his win rate is below avarage. He is almost never picked in the tournaments and even most pro players themselves agree that Renekton needs a change/buff.

In the second part I suggest Riot buffing this Q sustain ability and I will comment why.
2) OK so his Q sustain is wayy to weak considered the cap limit that is given to him.

Unempowered Q at level 1 deals 60 damage and heals 5% from minions and 20% from champions. So lets count now:

If you hit 1 minion you will regain:

60 damage - 100%
X (heal amount - 5%

X = (60 * 5)/100 = 3.

That means you get 3 HP per minion hit. Wave consists of 6-7 minions. If you are lucky enough to hit all of them, you will regain 18-21 health. Champion health regain is 4 times higher (20%) so for 1 damaged champion at level 1 you will regain 12 HP.

Situation: You are at top lane. A minion wave (with siege) comes and a champion. You get in all of them use your Q and heal for 21 (from minions) + 12 (1 champion) and you maximum can regain 33 HP, while the cap is 50, and its literally impossible to reach that limit in top lane. The situation here is desribed how the events may turn out best to your favour and that happens rarely. Not to mention that if you take any minion aggro in the process your heal will be neglected because minion will hit you harder than you heal.

The first nerf from 10% healing was really necesarry and Riot changed it to 7.5%. He has alright but then they decided to nerf it to 5% which was really really too much.

If Riot is so scared of buffing him give him just 6% normal -> 12% enraged. That way you could reach the cap limit if you take the huge risk of going in the middle of the wave and fighting the champion.

Third part: comments about the ulti.

3) Add a flat rage amount to the ulti like Tryndamere has. Just like Tryndamere, Renekton is pretty useless without rage. This problem especially visible in the late game. It's really annoying when people try to dive you and you have no rage. You use your ult and scream like a mad b1tch and if you dont wait at least 5 seconds, or nothing really happens.

Give him like 25/40/50 flat rage on use.

In the fourth part I will comment about W stun.
4) The stun is great, but is it really necesarry to make Renekton be stunned with the person aswell? It just feels the same as it did with the Rengar shout before hotfix. I can say that 1 in 10 games I lose top lane because jungler and top laner ganks me, I have all cds, use stun and die in the process because I can't use Q to sustain because W stuns me aswell.

Note that these changes are not increasing his damage ratios or anything. I think these buffs are necesarry for Renekton to be a worthy 6300 purchase.

Oh and so you know I'm not just talking out of the blue. I came here from EU/NE server and Renekton is my most played champion in ranked.

Overall I think making at least one of these buffs would be enough ( most preferably the ultimate buff for flat rage) to make him the predator again and allow him to stand equal ground with Rengar/Darius/Jayce/Irelia and other Tier 1 top laners.

ƒuçkër 11-11-2012 01:23 AM

topic closed.

fighter20th 11-11-2012 01:37 AM

I think that the evidence of his need for some kind of buff or rework should come from the champion spotlight itself.

I'm going to assume it was Phreak that did the video since he all the other ones that I've seen, but he recommends you get almost impossibly overfarmed in order to be productive.

He even says in the video "While this is far from a perfect score, try to get 110 CS by 12:30" I don't know just how much of the jungle he's stealing, but that amount of CS is pretty high up there, and it makes me wonder what a "Perfect Score" is.

In doing this he follows that with his Team fight bit "Now while this looks overpowered note that I have 2-5 levels on all my opponents and 6k gold at 18 minutes."

He basically says "If your fed, this is what you can do"

I'd like to see a real passive on him that's not "When Renekton's half dead he gets fury faster", and since Diana and Fiora have been added with their double tap abilities it'd be nice to see Rene's Slice and Dice get the recast without the need to hit enemies. His late game damage falloff can be pretty rough though and makes him a less desirable choice.

Perhaps if it worked more like Nasus' ult since they are brothers and improved his damage based on the damage it dealt it's make his endgame solid enough for him to become a more suitable choice.

All in all the math on this, definitely liked seeing that, taking the time to calculate that is very awesome of you, big thumbs up.

500 Elo Smurf 11-11-2012 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fighter20th (Hozzászólás 31275940)
I think that the evidence of his need for some kind of buff or rework should come from the champion spotlight itself.

I'm going to assume it was Phreak that did the video since he all the other ones that I've seen, but he recommends you get almost impossibly overfarmed in order to be productive.

He even says in the video "While this is far from a perfect score, try to get 110 CS by 12:30" I don't know just how much of the jungle he's stealing, but that amount of CS is pretty high up there, and it makes me wonder what a "Perfect Score" is.

In doing this he follows that with his Team fight bit "Now while this looks overpowered note that I have 2-5 levels on all my opponents and 6k gold at 18 minutes."

He basically says "If your fed, this is what you can do"

I'd like to see a real passive on him that's not "When Renekton's half dead he gets fury faster", and since Diana and Fiora have been added with their double tap abilities it'd be nice to see Rene's Slice and Dice get the recast without the need to hit enemies. His late game damage falloff can be pretty rough though and makes him a less desirable choice.

Perhaps if it worked more like Nasus' ult since they are brothers and improved his damage based on the damage it dealt it's make his endgame solid enough for him to become a more suitable choice.

All in all the math on this, definitely liked seeing that, taking the time to calculate that is very awesome of you, big thumbs up.

You do realise that the spotlight info is incorrect and outdated. He is much weaker now. He doesnt get those insane heals like in spotlight, and you dont get 10 rage per hit.
Now he gets 5% heal instead of 10%. In addition you get 5 rage per hit, and it takes much longer to gather the rage. AND Riot released a lot of strong champions that were not there back then...(Rengar/Jayce/Darius)
Thanks for the positive response though. I really doubt that Riot will add any more damage to him, they are probably afraid to make him OP.....

Ulquiorra995 11-11-2012 03:19 AM

Funfact: If Renekton stuns Irelia with tenacity, she will get unstunned before Renekton finishes his animation, leaving him slicing thin air as Irelia trololol's away. Shorter animation, please?

500 Elo Smurf 11-11-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulquiorra995 (Hozzászólás 31276889)
Funfact: If Renekton stuns Irelia with tenacity, she will get unstunned before Renekton finishes his animation, leaving him slicing thin air as Irelia trololol's away. Shorter animation, please?

Wow, didnt know this one. Yeah, that skill really needs some fixing...

fighter20th 11-11-2012 12:05 PM

But still, if his Champion Spotlight portrayed him as an underpowered champion who basically needed to outfarm to win in most scenarios, and he's been nerfed since then, I'm totally in support of him getting buffed up an appreciable amount to allow him to remain more competitive with current Tier 1 Top Lane champions. There's no denying that Renekton needs some changes in his animations and casts in order to compete with the newer champions who have smoother and faster paced kits, as well as older ones who didn't have Renekton's unusual difficulty.

Xainest 11-11-2012 03:20 PM

I agree champions now out play him with stuns that have shorter animations and gap closers that are longer.

Germanking66 11-11-2012 07:36 PM

I kind of want to put a new passive in like this:
Reign of Anger: After using an ability, Renekton gains bonus attack damage and bonus attack speed. This effect stacks four times. up to level 6 it will give 7 bonus AD and 10% bonus AS. after level 6-10, he gains 10 bonus AD and 13% bonus AS. 11-18 he gets 13 bonus AD and 15% bonus AS. I've always bad at this whole balancing thing. But I think if he gets this passive, he would definitely see more play. Im not sure if it would save him from a huge late game drop off, but maybe it would help. Few animation changes would also be nice, like many stated.

Mariwaz 11-12-2012 07:26 AM

Once again another thread about renekton being underpowered and still no answer, what do we need? this thread to reach 125123 views and replys? Stop making new champs and work in the old ones riot