League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Teemo and the new TT (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2785805)

The Bushmaster 11-11-2012 12:51 AM

Teemo and the new TT

I'm absolutely certain I'm not the first person to mention this, but here it goes...

I'm a big fan of the new TT, I think we should have both, but I understand Riot's reasoning and not wanting to have a split fan pool between two 3v3 maps. Makes sense to me. I have, however, noticed a big problem. I play AP teemo pretty consistently, and with the introduction of this new map with no wards, I've found that he is nearly unstoppable on the new TT. He grants vision to the team, and near the end of the game, unless the enemy just completely avoids the jungle (where two map objectives are) they are destined to be absolutely destroyed by my mushrooms. There's just no getting around them. Once I get CDR and a lot of AP, I'm picking up kills that I wasn't even watching the screen for because the enemy went through 3 or 4 of my mushrooms or something like that.

I was just wondering if there would be a change made because of this, because as of right now, I truly feel that a team is at a pretty severe disadvantage if they don't have a teemo with them. The team with the teemo wins, point blank period.

I've heard arguments about Caitlyn and Nidalee, but their traps don't last as long and they're certainly not as devastating.

Just curious. Keep up the good work, love the new TT and love Elise!

The Bushmaster 11-11-2012 12:53 AM

hate to comment my own thingy, but how do you plan on balancing the changes on the TT to the changes on Summoners Rift? I feel like if you nerf Teemo's mushrooms because of TT, they'll be completely obsolete for SR. You count on that big damage because the enemy is so unlikely to hit a mushroom on SR, whereas on TT they're almost certain to hit one. Or two. or 5 in a row.

Tharaxis Minar 11-11-2012 02:47 AM

its called an oracles. If I play aginst teemo I buy oracles and just run around destroying his shrooms.

yes it costs me a lot of gold during the game but it makes teemo half worthless as he loses his ultimate.

SUPERIORFlavor 11-11-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tharaxis Minar (Hozzászólás 31276594)
its called an oracles. If I play aginst teemo I buy oracles and just run around destroying his shrooms.

yes it costs me a lot of gold during the game but it makes teemo half worthless as he loses his ultimate.

A good teemo hides his shrooms from oracles. You'll still be destroyed.

youmadbroimnasty 11-11-2012 07:04 AM

Teemo isn't that great in TT you just need characters with jumps to counter him he isn't that great in team fights

Kalarepa 11-11-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youmadbroimnasty (Hozzászólás 31279321)
Teemo isn't that great in TT you just need characters with jumps to counter him he isn't that great in team fights

I agree. I also thought, Teemo is OP. But if you "just cc" him and has someone to jump on his face, he dies very fast.
Shrooms are a problem in early game, but once you have tank with some MR, he can regulary blow up shrooms in jungle faster, than Teemo plants them.
Teemo is good, but I wouldn't put him in top 10 heroes for TT.

EleJames 11-11-2012 07:25 AM

WoW has a similar issue of balance. PvP and PvE are pretty hard to balance at the same time with the same skills.

I wouldn't want teemo nerfed because of his dominance in TT. Maybe the best option is to alter his skills when playing TT (shorter life on shrooms) leaving SR at full duration.

youmadbroimnasty 11-11-2012 08:25 AM

They wouldn't nerf Teemo because of the new TT because he's not over powered and they wouldn't nerf champs just for TT since its not big compared to 5's

HayabusaZero 11-11-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeezy102 (Hozzászólás 31275194)
...I was just wondering if there would be a change made because of this, because as of right now, I truly feel that a team is at a pretty severe disadvantage if they don't have a teemo with them. The team with the teemo wins, point blank period...

Not that true. It really depends on the skill level of the Teemo and how difficult his laning phase is.

Today i got a Teemo on my team, and he fed so hard a AD Yi that not even Garen (my other teammate) or Darius (me) could do much to shut him down in teamfight.

In other words, Teemo != sure win. There are other factors to it.

The Bushmaster 11-11-2012 03:14 PM

I played 3 more games with him today and I have yet to lose with him. Most games are surrender at 20. between the massive damage on his E combined with blackfire torch, and the incredible damage on his R, there's not much people can do against even a mediocre teemo, IMO. I don't think I'm all that great, but I absolutely dominate with Teemo every time I play him on this new TT. I dunno, I guess its just my biased opinion because the way I play him with my level of skill, which i'd compare to anyone elses, he seems OP as hell.