League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   In-Game HUD Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   HUD flip (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2785147)

Jamaree 11-10-2012 07:42 PM

HUD flip

As a locked screen player, this is by far the most annoying thing possible, that disadvantage you get with the HUD being in the way and the general view point of purple side. Why would Riot add a mode that locks the screen if it does nothing but hinder players who use it? Why give them the option to get comfortable with it if it is just going to be a disadvantage down the line? Would it honestly be too difficult to program just a 180 flip for purple side? I know I'm likely not gonna get a red response for this, but any info on why they don't do these things would be appreciated.

PS. If anyone knows of any custom programs that do this, I would love you forever.

Clappy 11-11-2012 05:34 AM

u preachin boi

oOKing JohnOo 11-11-2012 05:31 PM

It'd actually be easier if perhaps you put the HUD on the top of the screen. The reason they wouldn't do that is likely because each lane is designated Top or Bot, and other various complications. Chances are if you viewed the map from the other direction you would just see untextured walls and such.

Admod 11-12-2012 12:12 AM

This actually came to my attention the moment I played as the purple team. When going down on the purple team things one would normally see as the blue team suddenly becomes covered by the hud display. It made me wish that there were a way to not just unlock the camera, but to turn it so my base is all ways down so I get the extra sight to see any enemies better. Having an option to place the hud on top of the screen as the purple team would help too however, which is why I'm mentioning this on this page.

Unlocking the camera doesn't really work that well because you'd have to look down with the camera, but if you'd have to move your character suddenly up again, you'd have to quickly push the camera up to click on the small area you wanted to go. So...guess I'm wondering if it'd be too hard to add a camera that can turn 180 so we can have the same perspective of the field regardless of the team we are on. Though...one would have to then understand that bot and top would switch. That's not as much as a problem as having a blind spot that the blue team doesn't have.

Lumenarcus 11-16-2012 12:46 AM

I have a few suggestions that would fix the center cam issue for locked players as well as those that revert the screen to their character.
A. Rotate summoners rift 45 degrees clockwise
This would neutralize the map perspective. Creating a balanced field of view.
B. Move HUD information to the corners of the screen, and move the camera centering down 200 units.
This should center the player perspective into a balanced view above and below the champion. As well as clear up vital vertical viewing area.