League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Fan Fiction (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   League of Legends Movie (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2784973)

Knot of Justice 11-10-2012 06:35 PM

League of Legends Movie

Hello, I am a movie director in Hollywood, and I love the League of Legends game. I would love to make a movie set in modern Hollywood of League of Legends. I would gain no financial profit from the movie, just a way of giving back for the great year of LoL. I was wondering before I went on this project that it would not infringe on copyright laws LoL might have. I'm no lawyer so I'm not too savvy on the laws of copyright, but just as a fan project. I would imagine it would be no different from drawing a picture of a champion without permission just far more epic. I promise it will stay true to the League of Legends storyline the only alteration of course is the era.

So far, (subject to change) I have the movie focusing around Garen, Xin Xhao, and Jarvan. The villain will likely be Gangplank as I want to save the main Noxus storyline for a later title should the first be popular.

Please post opinions or ideas. Thank you
Progasm

TempestAero1 11-11-2012 06:59 AM

You should totally do it

AerithRayne 11-11-2012 10:23 AM

Well, I mean, stuff on youtube gets away with similar projects. However, you cannot make a profit on your movie, otherwise it will infringe on the copyright laws, unless mistaken.

Best of luck.

Bliztron 11-11-2012 02:38 PM

You should ask a member of Riot if Riot would allow you to. Maybe, if you are luckty, you could get some sponsoring.

Anyways, best of luck! It would surely be epic. :)

W4ddleBuff 11-12-2012 08:02 PM

Do it. DO EET. Man I'd love to see that movie.

Any *** scenes? Kissing scenes? Just overall romance? lol

But if you can't manage any heart rate-increasing stuff like that, will there be Ahri?

I would...wow I'd just...Ugh. Ahri

No matter. Do it. You'll be my hero if you made a LoL movie.

RadiantCastiel 11-13-2012 02:21 PM

Put in MUNDOOOOO!

Visual Beauty 11-13-2012 10:15 PM

Do it, I'd watch it.

Knot of Justice 11-13-2012 11:48 PM

I've decided that Twisted Fate and Singed will be in it, where Singed says the line "Remember, don't chase me"

Frost Archer 11-18-2012 03:49 PM

Really skeptical. If you are a director, why didn't you say your name? Your previous works? They tend to brag. Anyway, if you were a director, you would know if you could make the movie.

Don't mean to be mean, just you should be able to tell why I feel like this.

Drakojan 11-18-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostArcher024 (Hozzászólás 31578238)
Really skeptical. If you are a director, why didn't you say your name? Your previous works? They tend to brag. Anyway, if you were a director, you would know if you could make the movie.

Don't mean to be mean, just you should be able to tell why I feel like this.

Agreed, but I still support the idea. Katarina, Zed, Cass, and Talon will be in this movie. You have no choice.