League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   why nerfing flash endlessly is bad (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2782607)

Agraajag 11-10-2012 12:31 AM

why nerfing flash endlessly is bad

you would do better to just give it to everyone as a third summoner's, than try to nerf it slowly out of existence

1. flash makes the game more interesting, not less so. People complain about it because its confusing but without it engagements get dangerously linear and boring

2. it radically changes the balance of the champions. Built-in flashes get much stronger every time flash gets nerfed. its strange how slowly and *prudently* you move in balancing individual champs and items, and how quickly and *imprudently* you move in changing summoner spells. Most people may not get it so complain less but it still makes the player experience much more bumpy, and if you want people to feel they are investing in learning a skill, that's bad.

lemonpartyfan0 11-10-2012 01:58 AM

I wish they would give it a trial run, and just disable flash for a week.

Horuspinker 11-10-2012 03:14 AM

They need to buff the other summoner spells.

Ghost + Cleanse would be as powerful as flash.

Ignite + Smite would make another good alternative.

It not about flash being overpowered its about everything else being horrible, unpractical and weak.

BrotherCaine 11-10-2012 03:38 AM

Sorry to drag other games into this but in HoN melee carries move FAST i mean super fast. Mages aren't outrunning them. Would it be so bad if ghost was put on steriods? Thinking Yi highlander speed here.

lastcenturion 11-10-2012 04:16 AM

BUT WITH FLASH THINGS GET HARDER.
THE KIDS WOULD BE CONFUSED.
riot-

Ampala 11-10-2012 04:35 AM

Game would be more fun without flash imo. most of the time it's used to correct dumbass positioning in a teamfight later in the game, I mean unless you have a built in blink you can't towerdive at early levels unless your tristana anymore.

lemonpartyfan0 11-10-2012 05:52 AM

^Agreed. I think flash is used more as a "get out of jail free card" than a "play maker" as some here suggest. You see it most of the time used when someone is out of position, face checks bushes, or when they don't ward and need to escape river....

fastplay 11-10-2012 06:53 AM

@Agraajag I said it almost their beacuse any nerf to up it cd or range and it going to be not pick up since A) it only use in a avg game 5 to 6 time. B) It range is not really all that big.

@Horuspinker Cleanse is powerful already for me on my main it not really good to run ireila is tanky and her passive knock off time of cc move then with marc's boot their no point for me to use it on my other mian noc he have his w that can block one cc/spell. a fair amount of champion do not need it beacuse they can block one of the cc/spell already or can be immune also other are tanky.

Also other combo that is better then flash is tp and Ignite on ireila but it depand on the champion.

Tykune 11-10-2012 06:59 AM

As the description of flash states, it can be used both offensively and defensively. It can help you escape from ganks and bad positioning (for champions who have no escape) or give you an edge in battle by flashing your melee champion right on top of someone, giving you those precious few seconds of surprise. It can also be used to catch up to someone who is running the same speed as you, or running faster, to hit them with a slow. Flash has many versatilities that make it an excellent choice for most champions.

I remember in the past that they nerfed it by reducing the flash range, but.. I dunno about the cooldown increase.

JustMyBassCannon 11-10-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horuspinker (Hozzászólás 31245759)
They need to buff the other summoner spells.

Ghost + Cleanse would be as powerful as flash.

Ignite + Smite would make another good alternative.

It not about flash being overpowered its about everything else being horrible, unpractical and weak.

The only problem with outright buffing other Summoners without nerfing Flash is that now Flash has more viable SS combinations than Flash-Ignite, Flash-Exhaust and Flash-Heal.