League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Remove the capture points? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2782516)

TennisShoes 11-09-2012 10:37 PM

Remove the capture points?

I dont know why, but i feel depressed when i lose both, a losing situation makes me feel even more hopeless when we cant hold at least one. It may not even be that big of a difference,but i always feel like not holding the alters= a hopeless game is happening.

Plus, who wants to be standing on little platforms when you could be focusing on laning and ganking like in the old TT.

TennisShoes 11-09-2012 10:51 PM

Bumb because no body ever pays attention to any of my threads and if they do it gets tons of down votes, i always bring up valid points but no one really cares about topics like mine. People only want to read threads that have meme's or some sort of funny,hilarious concept to them. I'm not a very funny or witty person so i dont think i could ever compete with that. Nor do i really want to since im just looking to get some kind of rhetoric about why im wrong or why people agree. It also really really hurts my feelings when i get down votes on treads i really want responses to. I think i care way too much about what people think but i dont have the will to change what i do. I think if i did change people who be nicer to me and stop downvoting me over those funny threads that always get the riot posts. I never get riot posts.

getonmehlvl 11-09-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennisShoes (Hozzászólás 31242550)
I dont know why, but i feel depressed when i lose both, a losing situation makes me feel even more hopeless when we cant hold at least one. It may not even be that big of a difference,but i always feel like not holding the alters= a hopeless game is happening.

Plus, who wants to be standing on little platforms when you could be focusing on laning and ganking like in the old TT.

Becuase this isn't the old TT it's basically a new 3v3 map treat it as one. Stop comparing it to the old unbalance TT

gnmish 11-10-2012 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennisShoes (Hozzászólás 31242814)
Bumb because no body ever pays attention to any of my threads and if they do it gets tons of down votes.

Your thread, at the time of this post had 65 views, and 1 legitimate reply so people are reading it, they just dont care enough to respond. The short answer to why your post is not provoking discussion is because your argument has no real substance, remove cap points because I want to spend all my time laning/ganking is not making a substantive point, its just saying you don't like it.

Here is an example of a post with points to discuss.

* I believe that capture points cause an interruption to the classic game play model

* The prevalence of bushes around the points, coupled with permanent visibility on the point draws strong team based combat

* The points location and significance late game gives teams on the defensive side an opportunity to dictate play with out having to push towers, ie. a small chance of a come back based on superior team work.

And that is why the capture points add to 3s rather than detract.

Ta da!

BurtRĂ©ynolds 11-10-2012 06:27 AM

I really like the capture points. Allows for another point of contention when the lanes are even to bring an interesting dynamic to the game. Also they are very risky. I do not like their early contest though. A lot of times I take Shen and level my taunt (E) first. It allows for clear victories in a level 1 3v3 contest. Forces the opposition to target the tanky champion instead of squishier teammates. Also so much early gold is too much of an advantage at the start of the game. I would like to see the lanes establish themselves before early game ganks.

Harvester 11-10-2012 08:55 AM

The capture points are meant to be another part of the map to consider. They are supposed to be an additional way to force teamfights. If the opposing team is able to snowball out of control, then yes losing control of both alters will only contribute to that. Sometimes you will even have to risk a death for your team if it means gaining control of that buff for the next few minutes.

The only change I'd like for the capture points would be a contribution to every teammate who helped capture the point by standing atop it rather than just one champion's picture. A very minor complaint, but I think it is a valid one.