League of Legends Community
12345 ... 7

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   How can I fight my Depression? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2782203)

Eftychios 11-09-2012 09:13 PM

How can I fight my Depression?

I've been depressed for 1 year now, don't want to tell anyone, I'm very closed in on this. Don't want any of members of my family to find out because I just don't want to have to deal with all the attention care. I just want to man up and fight this mental disease off.

Please some advice

the flail 11-09-2012 09:33 PM

Move to Washington or Colorado

UrsaMinor 11-09-2012 09:34 PM

Exercise + Eating Right + Life Stuff (I'd also recommend trying to regulate your sleep if that's a problem)

If that doesn't work, see a good therapist. They'll probably get you some meds that could work, no guarantees though. They'll also recommend the above.

Mere Intricacy 11-09-2012 09:36 PM

-Keep busy... When you get in those moods find something to distract yourself..

-Have goals.. Find something you really want to work for. Working hard for that will give you purpose.

-Don't be too hard on yourself.. If you feel sad, you feel sad.

-Make sure you are sleeping well and doing regular exercise if possible.

-Engage in sexual activities frequently. If you don't have someone else self pleasure.

-Let yourself, enjoy the times you are happy.

Jesus the Friend 11-09-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eftychios (Hozzászólás 31239528)
I've been depressed for 1 year now, don't want to tell anyone, I'm very closed in on this. Don't want any of members of my family to find out because I just don't want to have to deal with all the attention care. I just want to man up and fight this mental disease off.Please some advice

What does being a man have to do with depression?
The term "man up" is pretty retarded / feminist centric.

Anyway, the way to deal with your depression is to stay busy, do things that entertain you, that you enjoy, even if you don't enjoy them right now.
You can pretend to enjoy them and try to squeeze whatever little happiness you can from it.
Furthermore, remove the things that cause you distress.

If you are unable to do these things, then what you need to do is find a new method of coping with your pain. Everyone has one innately, but most people don't realize this.
You can build one artificially and it will almost always be better.
Think of a way to let loose and use that method to cope with all that is troubling you in your mind.
I hope this helps.

Eftychios 11-09-2012 10:31 PM

thanks guys, I'm very active, I play spots and I'm extremely healthy, I think I just need some attention I guess, or something to keep me busy, I just find everything I do or use to do a waste of time and it just bores me now

Mista Jangles 11-09-2012 10:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eftychios (Hozzászólás 31239528)
I've been depressed for 1 year now, don't want to tell anyone, I'm very closed in on this. Don't want any of members of my family to find out because I just don't want to have to deal with all the attention care. I just want to man up and fight this mental disease off.

Please some advice

As someone who battled depression for 6 years I can tell you some things that may help:

1. Force yourself to smile. Smiling, even when you aren't happy, releases endorphins (chemical that is produced when your brain registers pain. endorphins actually help to alleviate some of the pain and give you a temporary high) into your brain which essentially tricks your brain to think that you're actually happy. Overtime it can become a natural thing.

2. Go outside. Sunlight is loaded with Vitamin D which helps your brain produce serotonin, a mood regulating chemical.

3. Eat a balanced diet. Eating a healthy diet actually helps your brain to produce the chemicals it needs.

4. Work out. Exercise releases endorphins which help to enhance a positive mood.

5. Eat curry. Curry releases endorphins as well. And its delicious.

6.Drink plenty of water. Same result as having a healthy diet.

7. Attachment 555680

8. Get involved in a local charity/non-profit. It can be a church, homeless shelter, youth center... Any organization that does awesome things for your community.

the flail 11-09-2012 10:55 PM

Change things up a lot! Enjoy your friends as much as you can too. Even if you don't talk about it with them, they will help.

Mista Jangles 11-09-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the flail (Hozzászólás 31239946)
Move to Washington or Colorado

Bad idea. Don't listen to this guy.

Yummy Blueberry 11-09-2012 10:59 PM

It all comes down to sunlight, and exercise and diet.

I've been quite depressed recently myself, ever since the clocks changed. I've been waking right before work and the warehouse I work in gets dark much earlier now.

Plus its been cloudy so even if I was up I couldn't necessarily get that sunshine. I feel like you can oftentimes find a spot or a time of day where the sun is shining though.