League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   In-Game HUD Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   [Suggestion] Key Binding Profiles (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2781467)

PhoenixSteel 11-09-2012 05:30 PM

[Suggestion] Key Binding Profiles

Some champs I like to smartcast, some I don't. Simple as that.

Any chance of adding a profile system for key bindings that can be switched in the options menu in-game?

HolyChalice 11-09-2012 06:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Woah dude I was just going to make a thread about this as well unfortunately Riot never reads this section anyways heres a concept I threw together of what you're talking about. The jungle box would be a drop down box that you can scroll through and there would be 5 default profiles(or however more Riot feels like adding) where you can customize keybind profiles

I'm gonna bump this every now and then cause this is a pretty big deal to me as well :p I don't think it would be a big problem to add

CptScragglebeard 11-10-2012 09:47 AM

I was looking for something like this as well. Good idea!

3rdStorm 11-12-2012 07:32 PM

At first glance i think this would be a good idea. However I think eventually it would be confusing and hinder players proficiency. Imagine having dozens of different key bind profiles. What if you hadnt played a champion in a while. After playing the game for a year or two your keybindings could be a total headache to remember.

Just change smart cast at the start of the game only takes a few seconds really.

HolyChalice 11-13-2012 04:04 PM

bump

Where are you Riot UI guy~

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rdStorm (Hozzászólás 31334020)
At first glance i think this would be a good idea. However I think eventually it would be confusing and hinder players proficiency. Imagine having dozens of different key bind profiles. What if you hadnt played a champion in a while. After playing the game for a year or two your keybindings could be a total headache to remember.

Just change smart cast at the start of the game only takes a few seconds really.

In ranked even "seconds" are crucial you don't want to be sitting there afk in base setting w/e you have and how would it be confusing? You either pick a profile you like or you don't I already use different keybinds for different roles and it's pretty frustrating to have to go back and change everything again and again

WalktoEarth 11-14-2012 11:01 AM

Agree x2

HolyChalice 11-15-2012 01:23 PM

bump for Riot

if we can do the shop we can do keybind profiles :3c

Qsario 11-16-2012 01:57 AM

I would love this too. I think I already wrote a suggestion like this. Some champs demand even further changes: I have Janna's shields set to s (shield self), and e+zxcv = shield ally 1-4, but those bindings make little sense for many other champions.

But it's not fair to say that they don't read this section, even if they don't seem to respond that often. The new shop interface, for example, seems to have all the right goodies. I say that as someone who dug through most of the shop threads and cared enough to make a mockup of an improved shop.

HolyChalice 11-18-2012 08:44 PM

bump

HolyChalice 12-08-2012 03:54 AM

bump