League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Art Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   New voice for Janna! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=277988)

jaywatford 10-05-2010 03:46 PM

New voice for Janna!

Hey all,

I've got good news we thought was submitted for the patch notes, but got left out somehow. Janna has a new voice!!! There were some other tweaks as well, which I've listed below, sorry they didn't appear in the official patch notes:

Poppy
-Fixed hit sound effect on Heroic Charge queing in FOW
Malphite
-Fixed hit sound effect on Unstoppable Force queing in FOW
Pantheon
-Fixed jumping sound effect on Grand Skyfall queing in FOW
Xin Zhaon
-Fixed buff sound effect on Crescent Sweep queing in FOW
Warwick
-Fixed buff sound effect on Hunter's Call queing in FOW
Nidalee
-Fixed hit sound effect on Bushwack queing in FOW
Sona
-Rebalanced volume levels of skills
Janna
-New VO set

Also, sorry this forum has gone a bit without official replies. I'll be jumping in and answering all the threads I can very soon.

Thanks and enjoy the new patch!

Sinbu 10-05-2010 04:01 PM

thx jay, always good to hear

Dyloslawer 10-05-2010 04:05 PM

wat.

i bet some janna players shatted bricks when playing

edit: just played janna game and its gr8

Ardnalis 10-05-2010 04:06 PM

It sounds horrible. Absolutely and completely horrible.

Anniie 10-05-2010 04:20 PM

Her old voice was great...

holoz0r 10-05-2010 05:17 PM

Is there any way for us to mod back in the old voice files? After 600+ games with Janna, her voice was something that was unique to her character, and a change is just heartbreaking.

Fennec 10-05-2010 05:39 PM

new voice is kinda boring. sounds much younger now so i guess that fits her a little more.

Siing 10-05-2010 08:17 PM

What the... Her old voice wasn't grating like Kat's used to be, in fact I particularly liked Janna's voice... RAAAGE (ノ `Д´)ノ ~┻━┻

j/k, The new voice suits Chinese Janna quite well (I switched all my icons with their art so it works out alright), but the old voice suits the original Janna much, much more. I can certainly get used to it, but I will forever miss my old Janna :/.

Ya'll should have made a thread with a poll to see if the community wanted her voice changed or not. I'm sure most would have voted no, and you wouldn't have had to pay for a new voice over...Just feels like an unnecessary use of money really.

Cyresea 10-05-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siing (Hozzászólás 3284318)
Ya'll should have made a thread with a poll to see if the community wanted her voice changed or not. I'm sure most would have voted no, and you wouldn't have had to pay for a new voice over...Just feels like an unnecessary use of money really.

Given that Janna was like, the #1 pick for all the threads asking which voice people hated the most, and no one bothered defending her (like they did the #2 pick, Veigar), I daresay people would vote yes.

Sylph 10-05-2010 09:11 PM

Janna's new VO is much more mature and appropriate for the continued evolution of this software. She is now tolerable and I don't mind playing her. Much like the Katarina VO, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I wish Veigar could be changed as well, I personally can't stand how he sounds, but I believe that he has some fans.