League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   End Of An Era - Farewell Friends! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2779284)

APictureofagoose 11-08-2012 09:45 PM

End Of An Era - Farewell Friends!

3v3 has changed, this much is certain. For a variety of reasons many players that I used to know and interact with have moved on to other things/games than playing League. After 20 games on the new map I've decided that I don't like it..at all haha. However, instead of polluting the forums with garbage and negativity I, as well as a lot of other people, have decided to stop playing because it simply isn't for me anymore. (Mostly people from way back since the introduction of Twisted Treeline.)

I really hope Riot takes that Petition Thread seriously because there are quite a lot of signatures on there and they seem to be increasing exponentially by the day. Also, to anyone about to flame the boards or complain non-constructively, just stop playing. It's just a game and nobody is forcing you to play.

And now I'd like to leave some shout outs to some friends that have made Twisted Treeline a 2nd home for me these last few years!

Hairysurprisekid - The most tryhard of tryhards :P A kind of guy that rage quits skype calls.

Predinchuk - See Above. You don't need to pick Riven in a 2v2 against friends bro

Dekar173 - I don't know how you aren't Diamond in 3's

Dufftime - Your mobafire guides are actually extremely helpful!

oOKevinOo - Get a better computer and get out of Colorado

Dan Daze - I love to hate you :D

ASS2FACE4LIFE - Your name inspires me to do great things in life

Balinore/ProfessorSMASH - Best Rammus

Gnomerman - Worst Roommate

Ha0z&Evillust - Best 15 year olds to ever play 3's

Tiberius&Dependency - Many good games vs you guys

Lixalollipop - Your name turns me on

Cirthix - Best Tech Support guy I know

Devilfromhell - Best Shaco

Erwinbooze - Tell Atlanta I say Hi also, i'll see you at Foggy Doo for Soroush's B-day

Fazisi - Best Mundo

Shadeveil - Hope you make Diamond!

Kaizer/Nova201 - Best Skarner

sj408 - Can't figure out why you never liked me :(

Atlanta/wallstop/Lemongod/Mandatorycloud - Thanks for naming your original team after me lol.

And anybody else I missed. Also, to those who I engaged in trashtalk with throughout games but exchanged honor with after. Win or lose, it was always fun.

/Apictureofagoose

chaser676 11-08-2012 10:23 PM

Yeah nobody cares

AlienSexRanger 11-09-2012 11:01 AM

I'm hoping they take the petition thread seriously too. Unfortunately they seem to use it to validate the idea of keeping it deleted. The twisted treeline AMA in news says they don't want to bring old TT back because some people would play it that the community would be split between new and old TT. Well I won't be playing new TT until old one comes back. Not into this guinea pig stuff :)

Freedom for guinea pigs. http://img1.etsystatic.com/000/1/515....241481981.jpg

KabalWins 11-09-2012 06:53 PM

Will be joining you guys soon. Riot likes to make claims they do things based on popular player request, it will be hard for them to deny compromising with us if they'd ever like to claim that again. I'm still hoping Riot will pull through for us, but we'll see maybe I'm too optimistic. Or maybe I've spent too much money on this game and I just can't leave...

Mich567 11-09-2012 07:30 PM

Kewlio.
+1

APictureofagoose 11-10-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo (Hozzászólás 31237712)
you main karthus in 3v3 and you wonder why you get poor results? no offense

That was season 1 when you could run heal/clarity karthus in 3's and get to the top10. Which happened. GA definitely helped but now there's no GA. Which is probably for the best since tanky champs like Riven and Shyvana dominate now. Pure AP carries are no longer viable since bruisers out damage them for most of the game and you can't farm your way up because of the lanes.

I do consider 1750 a poor result. A player of my caliber shouldn't have much problem reaching Diamond. I'd just rather not have my team be 2/3rd's tanky dps to do it.

Predinchuk 11-10-2012 11:04 PM

It's sad to see you go, Goose. It was a pleasure playing with you, but I'm going to try making the new treeline work as best as I can (probably not in its current state). Although I'd much rather have the old treeline back, as it was (in my opinion), a very strategic game of skill. In its current state, the new treeline actually has significantly less build and team composition diversity, and discourages core gameplay elements stressed on Summoner's Rift (farming, warding, survival, etc.), so I understand why you're done with it.

Basically, the new treeline is more similar to Dominion than Summoner's Rift...but why? Dominion is, as far as I know, pretty underplayed and not considered a competitive field of play.

Unique Kantilope 11-10-2012 11:08 PM

are there statistics available to show how many people play TT now vs. "then"?
because before the change i didn't know anyone that liked TT, but now all but one of my friends enjoy it.
in fact, it has quickly replaced proving grounds as our troll-build map. ahh the joys of 5 tiamats on shyvana

Axil 11-11-2012 01:47 AM

You will be missed ♥

devilfromhell 11-11-2012 02:09 AM

You will definitely be missed Goose. Was a pleasure to play with and against you, Best karthus I've ever seen.