League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Whats a good team comp made for 5v5? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2779256)

Shepard07 11-08-2012 09:35 PM

Whats a good team comp made for 5v5?

Me and a few friends are doing teams and are curious what some people considered to be a good team line up.

Shepard07 11-09-2012 05:42 AM

Anyone?

Amoc 11-09-2012 05:50 AM

There are too many comps that work to list and we have no idea what champs you're good with. Who is your bottom lane and what do they like to play? What are your jungle options? Stuff like that needs to be known otherwise you're better off answering this sort of question just by watching pro streams.

Ezrabar 11-09-2012 05:51 AM

CC is huge a lot of the time. But normally the games are decided more on the teamwork than the comp unless you're like 2000+ i guess.

The meta normally doesn't steer wrong.

1xADC
1xSupport
1xBruiser Jungler (Normally AD)
1xMid AP carry
1xTop AD bruiser (can be ap sometimes or a counter pick like kayle)

Great comps have a good initiate and some extra CC on the side with AoEs. People who can be this initiate are like Alistar, Malphite, etc, etc....

kjol21 11-09-2012 06:21 AM

As Ezrabar said CC is extremely important my personal pick for a great team right now is:

ADC: Varus - AoE Slow, AoE Stun
Support: Leona - Root, Stun, AoE Stun/Slow
Jungler: Amumu - Stun, AoE Stun
Middle: Morgana - Stun, AoE Stun
Top: Wukong - AoE Knockup

Everyone of these champs has a CC AoE ultimate which is scary in team fights. This lineup also gives you 2 AD champions and 3 AP champions which is a great ratio. Biggest thing with a team like this is timing on your ults. You want to make sure that you are doing your ults 1 after the other not right on top of each other. If timed correctly you can have people stunned for around 5-8 seconds which in a team fight is GG.

Other options for those positions that also have great CC:

ADC: Ashe
Support: Alistar, Blitzcrank, Nautilus Zyra
Jungle: Nautilus, Malphite, Wukong, Alistar
Middle: Zyra, Cassiopeia, Veigar, Galio
Top: Malphite, Nautilus, Warwick, Sion

Any of those picks off at least one stun which is just deadly in fights.

Another really fun team comp is a global ult comp.

ADC: Ashe
Support: Soraka
Jungler: Shen
Middle: Twisted Fate
Top: Pantheon

All 5 of these champions have global ults or long enough range on their ults that it can nearly be considered global. Ashe, Twisted Fate, and Soraka work extremely well together if your adc is great at farming. If you play passive in the lane and just focus on farming by level 9 Ashe can be getting an extra 7 gold per minion kill which is huge. With Pantheon, Twisted Fate and Shen's ult you have 3 champions that can practically be in 2 places at once which means that once level 6 is hit by them you can run 5 man ganks on bottom all game long and destroy the other teams adc. if you also run Teleport on all 5 champions it makes everyone be able to gank any lane anytime teleport is up which again can be a lot of fun and an almost garunteed kill.

Other options for a global ult team are:

ADC: Draven, Ezreal
Support: Lux
Jungler: Gangplank Pantheon
Middle: Karthus, Ziggs, Lux
Top: Shen, Gangplank

Hope these team comps help you I find them to be fun.

PogoPogoPogoPogo 11-09-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezrabar (Hozzászólás 31215751)
1xADC
1xSupport
1xBruiser Jungler (Normally AD)
1xMid AP carry
1xTop AD bruiser (can be ap sometimes or a counter pick like kayle)

The jungler and bruiser top aren't "normally AD". Not at all.

Ultimately, if you're really pre-building a team, I'd highly recommend that your jungler and top deal opposite types of damage (much like your mid and ADC deal different types of damage).

Amoc 11-10-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjol21 (Hozzászólás 31216173)
As Ezrabar said CC is extremely important my personal pick for a great team right now is:

ADC: Varus - AoE Slow, AoE Stun
Support: Leona - Root, Stun, AoE Stun/Slow
Jungler: Amumu - Stun, AoE Stun
Middle: Morgana - Stun, AoE Stun
Top: Wukong - AoE Knockup

I think if you were running THAT much CC, particularly aoe CC, you'd want to run the highest dps possible carries. Forget Varus' CC. Put someone like Kog'Maw, or Vayne or even Sivir bottom and watch them melt people during the CC combos.

PogoPogoPogoPogo 11-10-2012 09:09 AM

Actually, honestly, with a comp with that much CC, I'd swap Morgana out for Katarina who'll just user her refreshing CDs to wreck all the AoE enemies.

Crazy Crann 11-10-2012 07:47 PM

Attack damage. Ability power. Some crowd control. An assassin. And someone to heal the carries.

Azellos 11-10-2012 08:53 PM

A strong AoE comp would look something like this:

Sona or Leona bot
Any AD (Ezreal or Corki are great here)
Cass or Zyra mid
Amumu jungle (although he's not as important as you might think. With a Leona/Cass, you dont NEED that amumu ult too, it just provides extra oomph).
Darius top

But you dont always want to run AoE CC comps, because often they're overall power is rather limited outside of straightup team fights. Some comps excel at denying those team fights. Ex:

Janna support
Caitlyn/Sivir bot
Gragas mid
Lee sin jungle
Ap top (vladimir, kennen, rumble).
-Poke, disengage if they get too close, use speed to harass, then go in for the kill with some more damage/cc)