League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   My Favorite Thing About New TT (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2778046)

VIOLENTxSHINOBI 11-08-2012 03:04 PM

My Favorite Thing About New TT

It is not old TT. Yup, I said it.

No more minion kiting to 55 minutes.

I can 3 man push last tower now when the enemy is down a player.

Taking inhibs is actually helpful to you instead of the enemy.

Vilemaw likes to dance with meh.

My friends will actually play it with me now.

All in all, I am much happier with the way things turned out. Well done Riot, well done.

Sessamo 11-08-2012 03:11 PM

I think we still have a ways to go, but I generally agree.
Removal of RNG camps, 50 minute infiniturtle and Ebonmaw dying to a stiff breeze are all significant steps in improving the map.
I think the altars need to unlock later, and there needs to be a way to disrupt capture aside from standing on the altar.
I also wish the centre of the map was more interesting. The fight for lizard buff was something the old map did very well.

Purgex 11-08-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sessamo (Hozzászólás 31197924)
Removal of RNG camps, 50 minute infiniturtle and Ebonmaw dying to a stiff breeze are all significant steps in improving the map.
I think the altars need to unlock later, and there needs to be a way to disrupt capture aside from standing on the altar.
I also wish the centre of the map was more interesting. The fight for lizard buff was something the old map did very well.

On the PBE, alters don't unlock until 3:00. They only give +3g instead of +4g. I believe the gold gain on lock is gone, but I'm not positive. Those help a lot.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI 11-08-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sessamo (Hozzászólás 31197924)

I know Riot has stated they intend to push unlock times back by about 1 minute, to unlock at 3 instead of 2 minutes. So that's good news.

I agree that there should be a way to stop capture aside from standing on it with them, or they need to increase the time it takes for one person to lock because right now people are locking and dieing instantly after locking. It's too easy to suicide lock an altar. I get so sad when I see a teamate do this because I know that his death was worth far more than the 90 seconds of altar control I just got. I feel that this would deter single man altar invades and force more teamfights before locking altars.

I kind of equate altar fights to Lizard fights.

Les Nomerables 11-08-2012 03:42 PM

I think a lot of the upcoming changes I have planned will address the issues that the older TT players have with the new map. Some of them are small, some of them are big. I'll discuss them as work on them progresses and things start to pan out.

And yes, 1.71 will have altars unlock at 3 min, reduce the gold bonus, and do several other numbers tweaks. The capture gold bonus is still there though. I'm currently evaluating whether it's injecting too much gold into the game.

Madman Reborn 11-08-2012 03:49 PM

you need to get exp for capping those points. you lose too much lane exp when doing them

Krosan 11-08-2012 03:55 PM

The only problem that I have with the new Twisted Treeline is the FPS issues it's causing my friend. Something about TT (and only TT, not SR) is causing him to get some serious FPS drops, and we've stopped playing Twisted Treeline because of it despite it being our favorite map.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI 11-08-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotNome (Hozzászólás 31198862)
I think a lot of the upcoming changes I have planned will address the issues that the older TT players have with the new map. Some of them are small, some of them are big. I'll discuss them as work on them progresses and things start to pan out.

And yes, 1.71 will have altars unlock at 3 min, reduce the gold bonus, and do several other numbers tweaks. The capture gold bonus is still there though. I'm currently evaluating whether it's injecting too much gold into the game.

Sweet! Thanks for the update :)

Goggris 11-08-2012 04:04 PM

Shinobi has seen the light

VIOLENTxSHINOBI 11-08-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goggris (Hozzászólás 31199624)
Shinobi has seen the light

lol

I just feel as though I have actually become a slightly better player on this map. I don't really know how to explain it, but I just feel that the new map has caused me to have to pick up my game.

If I had to label it as any one thing I would say it has caused me to pay closer attention to detail such as MIA's and not just my positioning, but my team positioning as well.