League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Can someone explain the Dominion meta to me? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2777820)

TheWaveWizard 11-08-2012 01:51 PM

Can someone explain the Dominion meta to me?

I want to play it seriously, but don't want to randomly jump into peoples games and ruin them because I don't know what to do. So, what is the game's meta like now?

DevlJoe 11-08-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nekrogen (Hozzászólás 17872128)
Current metagame
People often come into Dominion and ask: "What are the roles you have to play in Dominon? What should I do?". I would say there are less roles as there are "strategies" which is inherently obvious considering it is a capture and hold game. The most popular strategy is 1 person goes bottom lane for the majority of the game, 3 people immediately go top point after the gates open, and 1 person captures middle point and goes top afterwards to assist the 3 up there. The person that captures mid should either have the ability to get to top fairly quickly after capture, or lack inherent poking potential (which would otherwise be useful top right away). The initial fight for windmill is rather important because whoever controls that will theoretically be able to hold 3 points for a good chunk of the game. Bottom lane is the pushing lane, and as such you should either bring a strong duelist bottom to force your opponent to back off (so you can push), or bring a strong pusher to force a neutralize on their bottom point. The reason you have a strong bottom laner is because if someone from top is forced to come down and take care of you 1v2, then top lane will be at an advantage. This is the most popular strategy.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1544811

This is good, even if the thread is a little dated. Then after that, there's this:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2244698

Hope you have fun with Dominion.

HaIfhearted 11-08-2012 04:29 PM

If you want in-depth Dominion tips and advice, come join the in-game DominateDominion chatroom.

Lot of experienced Dominion players hang out in there, and at least 2 or 3 would be more than happy to give you advice and whatnot.

TheWaveWizard 11-08-2012 06:41 PM

Awesomeeee. Thanks, guys!

Ariou 11-09-2012 09:58 AM

Welcome to dominion, we hope you like it here. It's a lot of fun :)

otirruborez 11-09-2012 10:10 AM

nobody knows what they're doing when you first play dominion. have fun and you will know what to do within hours.

SylianEUW 11-09-2012 10:32 AM

As for meta, there are a couple of different ways to build your team. Let's focus on the four people going top for now. You do not want to get in a situation where the enemy can stack armor without getting punished. This means that you will have to bring some magic damage. This is often done by using 1 AP carry and sometimes 1 support or 1 tank dealing some magic damage.

After this, there are some options. You can, if you want, run a full set of bruisers. Bruiser, bruiser, bruiser, AP is one of the classic setups for Dominion. This setup, while still decent, is a bit outdated these days. Running an AD carry has become more popular, such as Ezreal, Corki, Jayce or Vayne. Together with this, you will often want to use either a support or a tank to bring in extra cc, protection and/or initiation. For the last spot, you could select the one you didn't select earlier, ie a tank if you selected a support, or a support if you selected a tank. Note, however, that this might lead to you lacking in damage once the AD carry and AP carry are dead. You may, therefore, choose to select a bruiser instead.

So, to sum up the two most common viable team comps:

ADC
AP
Support/Tank
Bruiser

ADC
AP
Support
Tank

Some of these roles may be exhanged for others. You could, for instance, run a mobile ADC, such as Ezreal or Corki, and go with double bruiser. ADC, AP, Bruiser, Bruiser. Also, in some instances it's not clear which role a champion fills. Having an ADC isn't needed to win, either, you can certainly win without one, as long as you get damage from other sources.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Also, those aren't the only viable team comps, but they are some of the best.

HaIfhearted 11-09-2012 10:43 AM

To add on to what Sylian said, as long as you have some range, a decent split between physical and magic damage, and a front line that won't collapse instantly, you're usually good to go.

Most standard teamcomps nowadays run a tank, AD/AP backline, and either a support or a bruiser.

However, stuff like double AP can do quite well if you have 2 beefy physical bruisers in front, and just last night I was part of a triple bruiser + AP strat that did pretty damn well.
And from the few games I've seen of them a few of the EUW teams just ignore the facts that tanks exist.

Dominion teamcomps are all (well, mostly) about winning fights and taking objectives.
Pick whatever champion you think will best compliment your team.

anu mara 11-10-2012 05:56 AM

As many free stats as possible.

doombotMECHA 11-10-2012 01:32 PM

whoever can cross the map the fastest, ie TF, panth, rammus, shen, and also lux b/c lazer