League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   [Champion Concept] Vretsar, The Chronowarrior (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2776309)

Fungusfingers 11-07-2012 11:03 PM

[Champion Concept] Vretsar, The Chronowarrior

Hey all, I've just started making champions and would love some feedback. If you like what you see let me know! If you don't please be constructive and let me know why! Thanks!

This is Vretsar, who I've submitted in the November MCCC. I think of him as a tank/bruiser and he will be constantly improved throughout the month so if you like what you see keep checking on him!

Vretsar, The Chronowarrior

Tags: Tank, Melee, Bruiser, Jungler

Other Notes: Energy based champion

Passive – Temporal Shield: Every 6 basic attacks Vretsar gains a charge of Temporal Shield, up to a maximum of 3 charges. Whenever Vretsar uses an ability he gains energy(20/30/40), bonus movement speed(7/8/9%), a shield (6/7/8% of bonus health), for 3 seconds, and consumes a charge of Temporal Shield.

Q- Distortion:(Costs 55 Energy)(8 second Cooldown) Vretsar targets an enemy creating a time anomaly, damaging the target for (80/130/180/230/280)(+50% AP) magic damage and slowing other enemies’ movement and attack speed by (10/15/20/25/30%), within the anomaly’s radius. Any enemy not damaged by the anomaly, but within 200 range of the target, reduces the attack counter of Vretsar's Temporal Shield by 1.

(i.e. Vretsar uses Distortion on target with 2 other enemies, within 200 range, caught in the anomaly, with 5 basic attacks left before he gains a charge of Temporal Shield. After Distortion, Vretsar would require 3 more basic attacks before gaining a charge of Temporal Shield.)

Target: Damage, melee

AOE: Attack speed, Movement speed reduction within 600 range, enemies within 200 range reduce Temporal Shield counter by 1.

W-Time Rip:(Costs 120 Energy)(14/13/12/11/10 second Cooldown)(Range 500) Vretsar rips a rift through time, teleporting to target area and detonating residual temporal energy, dealing (50/80/110/140/190)(+40% AP) magic damage and shredding the armor of enemies close to him by (15/20/25/30/35).

Shred armor AOE: 300

Damage AOE: 600

E- Regeneration:(Costs 65 Energy)(12/11/10/9/8 second Cooldown) Vretsar uses temporal energy to speed up his healing process from wounds taken in battle. When activated Vretsar takes 85% damage for 3 seconds, then regenerates (20/24/28/32/36%) of all damage taken over 5 seconds.

If Vretsar is stunned, snared, taunted, charmed, or suppressed, his regeneration is doubled (40/48/56/64/72%), and he gains a (25/30/35) bonus to tenacity.

To be clear, when this skill is activated Vretsar doesn’t immediately start regenerating health, but rather after the 3 second window.

R-Temporal Flux:(Costs 50 Energy)(Cooldown 150/125/100 seconds)(Range 1000) Vretsar leaps forward at target enemy, unleashing a temporal flux which teleports all other enemies away from the target. The target takes (100/175/250)(+50% AP) magic damage, and is stunned for (2/2.5/3 seconds).

Fungusfingers 11-07-2012 11:03 PM

Lore:

Vretsar was a child Urtistan, the city made famous by the Chronokeeper Zilean's tragic story. Zilean's temporal magic had more than one side effect, and Vretsar is the accumulation of all of them. Unbeknownst to Zilean, Vretsar enjoyed watching the Chronokeeper work, watching as Zilean would make things speed up or slow down, and felt safe there. So when the unknown summoner-knights attacked Urtistan during the Rune War, Vretsar hid in the tower, watching as Zilean cast his powerful temporal divination. Unprotected, Vretsar was bombarded by these energies, the temporal forces ripping into his body even after he was unconscious.

When Vretsar awoke, not only was he in a different place, but in a different time as well; and a rather violent one at that. However unlike Zilean's chronodisplasia, Vretsar's has so far been a one-time occurrence, and he learned that he was infused with innate temporal abilities that allowed him to survive in the world he found himself in. Now a man and fully in control of his temporal abilities, Vretsar used his powers to return to Valoran, to learn what had happened to his homeland. Learning the tragic story of Zilean and his homeland, Vretsar joined the League of Legends to be with the only countryman he has left, and to find out who destroyed their lives.

"The main difference between Vretsar and Zilean are their motives. Zilean wants a cure, Vretsar wants payback."

- Jarvan IV, the Exemplar of Demacia

Arblis 11-08-2012 01:51 PM

Hmmmm, two main thoughts--

First, I don't really see how energy works with his playstyle- especially since each ability is quite strong in its own right; Regeneration is the main candidate for 'would work well with an energy system' (giving up your energy to repeatedly absorb damage while being harrassed or beaten on)

Second, I think making his Time Rip only able to target foes would give him a neat playstyle somewhat akin to Poppy or Xin Zhao. Also would make the skill a bit less kassadin-y and more in-your-face to fit the tank/bruiser role better.

Come to think of it, with such a big area on Distortion's slow, it might be a better idea to have its slow be less intense the further away from the center its secondary targets are. Some sort of singularity shenanigans.

And man, he would make one awesome jungler. XD

Asakyun 11-08-2012 07:54 PM

Maybe his passive could count down over time like Shen's passive?

E would make for an extremely strong teamfight bruiser/assassin.

R is like Xin's ult?

I Found Baron 11-08-2012 08:05 PM

This guy would make a good kill lane to take the spot of a support because of his aura's. i actually really like the abailities of this champ and has some cool interactions (mainly his E).

kaotics2075 11-09-2012 11:30 AM

Passive- interesting and has the potential to be very strong.

Q- sounds good but without more numbers, I cant really tell how strong it is.

W- Seems to be very useful in a team fight and very helpful as a support ability for your adc

E- this sounds good but not sure if it is very practical... I like the delay but it feels very weak

R- This could be very impactful in a team fight but more numbers are needed to assess how strong it really is.

Overall the kit looks like it can be very good, plug some numbers in and see how it works. Also, I have edited my champ and if you wouldnt mind taking another look, that would be great... I cant wait to see how your champ evolves from this.

Fungusfingers 11-09-2012 05:14 PM

Edit: Buffed Regeneration a little bit. Numbers will be coming soon! Also lore.

Edit: Lore and numbers are up!

Fungusfingers 11-10-2012 07:35 PM

bump

Fungusfingers 11-14-2012 02:28 PM

bump

TheColdChair 11-14-2012 02:46 PM

champs really interesting fungus