League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Swain, Cassiopeia, or Orianna? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2774697)

Mattn33 11-07-2012 03:25 PM

Swain, Cassiopeia, or Orianna?

I want to pick up a new mid to play. I don't care about skill caps or difficult to play I can learn them it isn't and issue. I currently play Ahri, Brand, TF, Karthus, and Morgana (If she isn't banned of course =P). Give your opinion and why you think they are good and vote in the poll please and thank you.

Vencu 11-07-2012 03:28 PM

oriana because her teamfight ability is just so good, the aoe pull, aoe damage, great utility with her MS boost / slow, just so much ori can do

Crimson5pheonix 11-07-2012 03:35 PM

Ori is just a teamfighting beast. She turns teamfights into dinner bells for her team.

Cass is awesome for picking enemies and removing them. However she's very blue dependent.

Swain is hilariously hard to kill. Turn on your ult and enjoy standing in the middle of the enemy team not caring. Just watch your mana.

Amalickiah 11-08-2012 08:52 AM

Swain and Orianna are way better in team fights: Orianna has huge influence as to when and where fights happens, does good damage and has insane team CC. Swain has no true hard counter but does good sustained damage in team fights and is very good are protecting carries with his Q - W combo. But Cass has insane damage output and looks/feels OP once you start getting close to the skill cap. She has a real finicky ult that sometimes does nothing, sometimes lets you trade 1 kill for 3, and sometimes gets you quadra kills.

Lailu 11-08-2012 10:11 AM

I play Orianna alot.

I wouldn't consider her a pure AP mage but she has alot of utility which helps in team fights.

She has mana issues so going with a chalice or catalyst early game helps quite a bit.

I have two problems with Orianna:

1) Early game she suffers from not having enough CDR. This means she can't properly re-position her ball.

Ex: Throw your ball out to clear some minions or to harass an enemy player. Then a jungler charges from the bushes. You are not able to protect yourself easily and have to flash.

By Mid to late game you have alot more control with CDR and getting your E allows you to reposition a little easier.

2) Characters who can close the gap easily will mess you up bad. You just don't have an easy way out.

If a malph, amumu, jax or anyone jumps you my only solution is to throw the ball slightly behind them waste my ult to pull them off me then w and run like hell.

PsychoB0b 11-08-2012 12:05 PM

Play a game with swain.

Enjoy your newfound invincibility, hard and soft cc, Aoe healing toggle ult, and Torment. Which increases swains dmg from all sources. ALL. Sources. Summoner spells and items included.

His only real weakness is his lack of mobility, and his kits based on dot. yea you'll hurt them, but dont be expecting to burst em to death in half a second.

Pizza Poker Guy 11-08-2012 04:28 PM

Swain will teleport into brush and lead your team to victory. You can just spam ult to heal in lane for low mana if spammed. This will allow you to outfarm and outlevel your oponent. Id suggest going dorans, tier 1 boots, dorans, roa,ryli sceptor, rabadons, abysal and athenes unholy grail as a build. Also, get jungler to give you 2nd blue on and you can't lose.

BlackBox21 11-14-2012 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lailu (Hozzászólás 31187253)
I play Orianna alot.

I wouldn't consider her a pure AP mage but she has alot of utility which helps in team fights.

She has mana issues so going with a chalice or catalyst early game helps quite a bit.

I have two problems with Orianna:

1) Early game she suffers from not having enough CDR. This means she can't properly re-position her ball.

Ex: Throw your ball out to clear some minions or to harass an enemy player. Then a jungler charges from the bushes. You are not able to protect yourself easily and have to flash.

By Mid to late game you have alot more control with CDR and getting your E allows you to reposition a little easier.

2) Characters who can close the gap easily will mess you up bad. You just don't have an easy way out.

If a malph, amumu, jax or anyone jumps you my only solution is to throw the ball slightly behind them waste my ult to pull them off me then w and run like hell.

YOU WILL HAVE SO MUCH FUN PLAYING ORI.

I disagree with some of the quoted comments above but let me explain. I play Orianna almost exclusively as mid an have been able to outplay any other mid champ, save tanks in which case you are at a stalemate and simply fighting for farm. For example, playing against Kat, a common mage counter; Once she closes the gap, E, then W and escape, if she chases poke with Q. and auto attack near your tower. Your auto attack is CRUCIAL early game, as it acts as about a quarter of the damage you should be dealing, depending on the situation.

(IF YOU HAVE A GAP CLOSING COUNTER OR ANYONE WITH SLOWER ACTING ABILITIES, GET ONE POINT IN E WITHIN YOUR FIRST 3 LEVELS)

Blue is amazing for Ori early, but she isn't exclusively reliant on mana early BECAUSE of her passive. This is why you can save up and build up mana heavy abilities (W) while you auto attack to keep the enemy at bay. Once you have a few stack of W, land 2, then land a final W, ignite, and auto attack. First blood, depending on the eagerness of your other teammates and enemy team.

The first item I grab is Catalyst, and it helps you against ganks with its health boost. This is important because early on you are reliant on your passive and auto attacks, which require you to be closer to your enemy and leaves you more vulnerable to ganks. The mana buff from Catalyst also allows you to beef up for spells and use your W more, which is more important now since the controversial Q nerf.

And YES Ori is amazing in team fights. You just have to look for the right opportunity when the enemy team is focusing in on one person (hopefully your tank who has initiated as an isolated target). If you cant reach that central point (the place you could grab the most people from your ult) with your Q, the range on E is much greater, and crucial in tank initiated team fights. This is what I think the RIOT team wanted for Orianna when they nerfed her Q. They realize how versatile a champ she is and they wanted to keep that an essential trait of hers, rather than letting people exploit a cheap poke.

Anyway my two cents,

BB21

-Keep the community constructive, creative, and FUN.

Vuther 11-14-2012 08:17 AM

I would personally suggest you fearing Orianna be nerfed considering she was the most picked or banned champion at the S2 world championships.

Oppress0r 11-14-2012 01:30 PM

If complexity is truly a non-issue to you then you might actually find yourself getting bored with Swain. He is pretty simple. I main Swain and crush with him. You might find yourself wishing you were more of an assassin for roaming and you will wish that you contributed more to team fights than just killing.