League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   @Riot: What should happen... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2773582)

Phallicies 11-07-2012 07:53 AM

@Riot: What should happen...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by crizzle101 (Hozzászólás 31131553)
I agree with you that riot did listen they listen to all of you, but i disagree that the petition was in the forum. I think they should have put in on peoples home pages were they advertise everything else. They should have made sure that everyone sees it not just people that look at forums, because the only reason i seen it was that i was looking for something on Teemo on the new TT.

On my other thread, crizzle101 posted this and i really liked the idea. Since you seem to listen to your community so well and care about your fan base, why not put something like this in your news feed where you do advertise everything so your fans can do the deciding not just the fans on the forums(what little of us there are and only on the TT forums).

Give them a couple choices, a poll per say or 2, and see what they think of this so we can get millions of views and votes. tell them to leave comments on why they chose what they did so you can get a more accurate consensus of the LoL community.

My 2 polls would be like this:
1)Should we bring the old TT back(in some form whether cutom or supported)?
a)No
b)Yes
c)Indifferent

2) If the old TT was brought back(in some form whether cutom or supported) would you play both of the maps?
a)Yes, I'd play both
b)No, only old TT
c)No, only new TT
d)I don't play TT

As i said, this is what should happen and what should of happened.

Nyx87 11-07-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volibar (Hozzászólás 31092977)
Hi all, just wanted to drop by and say a few things. To start off, we certainly have been reading this thread and watching it over the past few weeks. I haven't been posting here because I wanted to see the overall sentiment from around the community about the new Twisted Treeline after people have had a chance to play it and experience it for themselves in a meaningful way.

I've also addressed some of TT topics on our Reddit AMA we did a few days ago, but I'm happy to discuss here as well :)

When we started looking at Twisted Treeline really intensely earlier this year (around the start of 2011), there were many issues that the community had identified. Among the worst were turtling, the meta being pretty stale, and there were a pretty big number of exploits that had way too much of an effect on the game. (You probably already know this, though.)

So, when we sat down to try and solve the problems, the solution space we started in was small - can we make a few simple changes here or there? What if we make a few item changes, etc.? Those helped, but ultimately we started expanding what we tried, but at the same time we were seeing better resolution to those problems. We adjusted the layout, sometimes making small changes, sometimes trying things we thankfully didn't ship (and we tried a TON). In the end, the map we created and all of the changes that have come with it was our answer to the problems that have plagued the map for a very long time. Our goal has and will always be to allow the fast pace, high action, small team feel that TT should represent to flourish.

As for the fate of old TT, right now we have no plans to add it back into custom games. we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental.

Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.

This is your answer.

Phallicies 11-07-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyx87 (Hozzászólás 31150184)
This is your answer.

I've seen that, notice the title of the thread, as to what should happen, not what did :/

MacGravel 11-07-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phallicies (Hozzászólás 31150266)
I've seen that, notice the title of the thread, as to what should happen, not what did :/

You've seen it, but did you actually read it? What should have happened has already happened.

cobonthecorn 11-07-2012 05:46 PM

Great idea!

BUMP FOR RED RESPONSE!

Phallicies 11-08-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGravel (Hozzászólás 31157911)
You've seen it, but did you actually read it? What should have happened has already happened.

See, i only have an issue with this because this is essentially saying that because something has happened there's nothing you can do about the Future. Riot can still decide to get community consensus on this issue to see how all players feel about it if they want, personally i thinks it would still be a good idea.

I would really love a red response.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:19 PM.


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc