League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Shaco's Bugs and Fixes (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=27726)

yorkinshire 11-21-2009 06:48 PM

Shaco's Bugs and Fixes

Well I've been playing a lot of AP Shaco recently and I've noticed a few things about his abilities that could use a fix.

Deceive:
  • When using deceive after the blink part of the ability Shaco still appears for a split second. I don't think this was intended but it makes it frustrating when using it as an escape mechanism because enemy champions can tell which direction you deceived and can chase you down.
Jack in the Box:
  • The targeting of the jack in the Box move is extremely erratic. It seems to target champions first which is fine but it seems to arbitrarily changes targets which can lead to either champions getting away or when it is attacking minions I will consistently miss last hits because it changes targets right as the minion has one hit left.
two-shiv seems to be working as intended from what I have seen

Hallucinate:
  • There aren't any apparent bugs that I can tell with Hallucinate other than the fact that it tends to lose interest in champions when they go through grass which can be aggravating but when going AP Hallucinate tends to fall short of its intended purpose of suicide bomb so I have two suggested fixes to remedy that.
  1. First more basic fix for Hallucinate is to increase its blast radius slightly because as of right now it is rather puny.
  2. second more fun fix is to had a timer function to his ult. By this I mean be able to click R again after casting and have a 5 second counter pop up over his head that counts down until he explodes. With this fix attentive enemy heroes can still dodge the explosion but it can also be used for ambushes or hectic team fights.
welp that's it...

Chillspawn 11-21-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yorkinshire (Hozzászólás 306944)
Well I've been playing a lot of AP Shaco recently and I've noticed a few things about his abilities that could use a fix.

Deceive:
  • When using deceive after the blink part of the ability Shaco still appears for a split second. I don't think this was intended but it makes it frustrating when using it as an escape mechanism because enemy champions can tell which direction you deceived and can chase you down.

Eve and Twitch can be hit to halt the stealth so players can reveal them. Shaco shows where he deceives so players know where he will pop-up.

Zirun 11-21-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yorkinshire (Hozzászólás 306944)
Deceive:

Deceive in one direction, then run in a different direction. You are now moving in a different direction than they think you are. Problem solved.

Quote:

Hallucinate:
  • There aren't any apparent bugs that I can tell with Hallucinate other than the fact that it tends to lose interest in champions when they go through grass which can be aggravating but when going AP Hallucinate tends to fall short of its intended purpose of suicide bomb so I have two suggested fixes to remedy that.

It's not just a 'suicide bomb', though. It does damage while it's alive (even going as far as to proc item effects like Bloodrazor, which can be extremely useful), soaks up some damage/CC (Moving it in front of Morgana = wasted Dark Binding, for example), distracts enemies, is great for jungling, etc. Sure, it's not exactly on the amazing side in terms of damage, but it has great utility.

Other than that, yes, I do think that JitBs should have their targeting improved, or allow manual targeting, or something.

Mikuro 11-21-2009 10:34 PM

I've noticed a few other things about Deceive while playing Shaco, not sure if anyone else has noticed this or not.

You mention Deceive showing where Shaco teleports to, I've had Deceive multiple times teleport me, but fail to stealth me entirely.

Also had Deceive teleport me, Stealth me and place me right next to my target, but when right clicking the hero I want to attack, Shaco just stands there like a idiot, doing nothing and locking himself in position for a second or two, usually by that time the Deceive is useless due to the 4 second duration.

Hallucinate - The clone has absolutely Horrible pathing, often times getting stuck between two minions and running aimlessly while trying to free himself.

Gale 11-21-2009 11:29 PM

Obviously you don't play Shaco enough if you don't think those are all his bugs... and if you even think some of those are bugs.

Bugs I'm concerned about are these:

-After using deceive sometimes you will come out of invis for no apparent reason (maybe it's an AOE hit)
-After using Deceive if you deceived to close to someone that was auto attacking you, they can still attack you despite being invisible. Also if they targeted you for an ability after you go invis once they get in range they will still use that ability on you as long as they haven't cancelled it (this means they can still track you while your invis cause they FOLLOW you and then they can use an ability on an INVISIBLE target)
-During hallucinate all an enemy has to do to find the real Shaco is to ping him. The target does not show up on the Hallucination
-During Hallucination the Hallucination will hic-up in it's attack if you tell it to attack the same target. (So if you you spam Alt+Click or just Click attack they won't even attack they just sit there, this is annoying for me because I click several times to make sure I get the right target)
-Pathing on the Hallucination is horrible. This is especially annoying when there are several minions around a tower. If the Hallucination can't find a route in 2 seconds he sits there so you have to move him to the other side of the tower to attack it.

Gale 11-21-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikuro (Hozzászólás 307344)
Also had Deceive teleport me, Stealth me and place me right next to my target, but when right clicking the hero I want to attack, Shaco just stands there like a idiot, doing nothing and locking himself in position for a second or two, usually by that time the Deceive is useless due to the 4 second duration.

I forgot to mention this one as well

kyrolos 11-22-2009 08:08 AM

to the creator who nerfed shaco. Thanks to u, shaco is now puny in his abilities, he can no longer match twitch and eve in the endeavor of a stealth assasin and i enjoyed playing him to the utmost until you nerfed him, i hate you, oh creator who nerfed shaco, and i say u must make him better again b 4 i two shiv poison i with a jack in the box behind u so u cant get away. ty, and rmbr i will kill u with deceived if u dun change shaco back. a over priced deceive if i may add, also since i am griping, ur store is way to over priced. wayyyyy. ive played almsot 90 games and only had enuf to buy shaco and teemo and barly any runes, u suck.

Dragonien 11-22-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrolos (Hozzászólás 308169)
to the creator who nerfed shaco. Thanks to u, shaco is now puny in his abilities, he can no longer match twitch and eve in the endeavor of a stealth assasin and i enjoyed playing him to the utmost until you nerfed him, i hate you, oh creator who nerfed shaco, and i say u must make him better again b 4 i two shiv poison i with a jack in the box behind u so u cant get away. ty, and rmbr i will kill u with deceived if u dun change shaco back. a over priced deceive if i may add, also since i am griping, ur store is way to over priced. wayyyyy. ive played almsot 90 games and only had enuf to buy shaco and teemo and barly any runes, u suck.

the only reason your pissed is cause shaco doesnt instantly win anymore.

Shaco was UNGODLY unbalanced before the nerf. Frankly, i think they overdid the nerf a bit, but to be honest i cant tell where. the invis, NEEDED a nerf, incredibly bad. when shaco got like past level 14, he could basically perma decieve, so he would only be visible 4 seconds out of every 10, and the autocrit with his passive, plus his naturally high quick attack and huge attack power, made his DPS absurdly good. he could 3 shot anyone that didnt have stacked armor or hp who was the same level, or sometime even lower level than him.

Right now, i say hes almost perfect. the only problem i have is the absurd damage on his jack in the box's. by themselves, there not TOO bad. but since he can get like 5-6 of them in 1 bush, with the 1 seconds fear 1 gives all 6 of them can kill a hero without him even being there. If the cooldown were a tad longer, or the fear a tad shorter id have no problem with them increasing their duration if they reduced the damage. Not even a string of teemos mushrooms can take a hero down from full to dead, and heim's turrets dont CC you when they attack.

but that could just be an annoyed player *****ing.

shaco is not ****, hes still very good. hes just not ezmode anymore. if you want EZmode DPS, go play ashe.

Also to add to the list of bugs for shaco, im not sure if this is acually intended or not, but his clone if its below half health, it sets off stuff like Warricks blood scent, and im pretty sure its death counts for KAyles retributon

Mikuro 11-22-2009 03:53 PM

One more thing I remembered with Hallucinate.

Occasionally when i cast the spell, the clone is placed directly ontop my Shaco, leaving me unable to move until either I, or something else causes the clone to move.

I've found that this happens mostly when i'm next to a wall of some sort, where the clone doesn't have enough space to appear next to Shaco.

Cosmic Power 11-22-2009 09:26 PM

I'd say 2 things are breaking Shaco right now, 1) Jack in the Box is now useless in teamfights, it will die to all AoE while it used to be spell immune. 2) Hallucinate is just plain bad. It's so easy to tell which is the real one, and the damage it deals on death is pathetic, not to mention the area of effect. It's only good for farming dragon + golem + lizard + Baron.

3) His stats suck