League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   PVP.net Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Suggestion for Riot - Champion Rentals (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2772487)

LegendUltra 11-06-2012 08:25 PM

Suggestion for Riot - Champion Rentals

Hi Riot,

You guys probably don't read all of these, but in case you do I have a suggestion:

Champion rentals! Basically, you could rent out champions for a lower IP cost so that us Summoners can more easily try an awesome champion out without having to spend a large amount of IP or RP on someone we are unsure of.

With the large number of champions out there (106 now?), it can take a while for a champion we want to play to go on their free rotation. Also, for those of us who don't play a lot or prefer to use RP for skins, it can take some time to save up enough IP, so when we purchase a champion, especially those costing 6300 IP, we want to be satisfied with our choice.

Any feedback is appreciation, and I would love to hear back from Riot if you guys see my post!

Thanks Riot for putting out some great material.

RiotKiddington 11-10-2012 03:57 AM

We actually implemented this feature once few years ago, and the reception was overwhelmingly negative, so we turned it off, and never touched it again..

Bladeviper 11-10-2012 04:09 AM

i understand why people would want this, but isn't that exactly what the free rotation is for

KevinDelMarr 11-10-2012 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotKiddington (Hozzászólás 31246771)
We actually implemented this feature once few years ago, and the reception was overwhelmingly negative, so we turned it off, and never touched it again..

Can you recall what was negatively received about? What about the option instead of paying IP for it, every profile gets 3 rental tokens, each token equating to a week of Champion use. The catch is they can't be used for Ranked Games or apply to minimum Champion requirement? Was there the concern that the limitation of rental meant some players would refuse to play any other Champion, going "Champion X or feed"?

One sould say "if you want to test out a Champion, use PBE" but that seems a but abusive of the system, also IP rewards wouldn't transition from those games into the regular profile

Jortalus 11-10-2012 04:28 AM

Rental content in general gets a hugely negative response. Just look at the uproar surrounding the temporary ward skins.

Tritotamar 11-10-2012 04:33 AM

Nonononono bad.
Bad.

The last thing we want is Riot going the way of Nexon.

Kurvel 11-10-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

New suggestion. Allow players to vote on a free champion or champions (only 1-2) for coming weeks?

Catches Axes 11-10-2012 08:40 AM

The only rental variant I could see them exploring would be - for free, you get to play a champion up to 3 times within 24 or 48 hours, no more than once per champion. Try before you buy. Free champion rotation serves a related role, but realistically with the number of champions they have now and with the more off-the-wall champions seeing less time in rotations, you can wait months and never see the champion you want to try.

Folks with almost every champ unlocked (admittedly including me) wouldn't need it - I have enough IP that I can afford to impulse buy a champ, and someone who spends big chunks of money on RP can do the same. But for the folks who aren't close to caught up on all released champions, it has to be an increasingly daunting problem; it'll be hard for them to even figure out what champions they would want to play, nevermind actually unlock all the ones they want to play.

DoozleDorf 11-10-2012 08:42 AM

NO rental material of any kind

PERIOD

Ladayen 11-10-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Good god thank you!!!! I really dont like the idea of rentals in this game. As mentioned already we have the free week thats good enough.