League of Legends Community
12

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   [Ability Concept] New CC (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2770073)

FailureAtMath 11-06-2012 09:43 AM

[Ability Concept] New CC
 
Hello

I had an idea for a debuff that blocks "Buffs" for a short period of time. I mean like Vayne's W, Veigar's Q passive, movement/attack speed buffs, stealths, Lifesteal/spellvamp, red/blue buff, thornmail, stuff like that. A friend of mine told me that it'd be bad and too hard to code and I just want some other opinions on this. I haven't posted on this board before and I'm too sure whether or not I've messed up or anything. So just in case, Sorry.

Dalrix 11-06-2012 11:24 AM

The debuff aspect would be really cool on a support champion/ mid champion but at the same time it would shut down AD carries completely if the lost their lifesteal. If it was limited then It sounds like a fun mechanic.

FailureAtMath 11-06-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalrix (Hozzászólás 31115525)
The debuff aspect would be really cool on a support champion/ mid champion but at the same time it would shut down AD carries completely if the lost their lifesteal. If it was limited then It sounds like a fun mechanic.

Well, I guess instead of shutting it out completely, maybe apply Grievous Wounds?

Dalrix 11-06-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FailureAtMath (Hozzászólás 31115766)
Well, I guess instead of shutting it out completely, maybe apply Grievous Wounds?

Something like that could work but then it would easily replace grievous wounds. If it left lifesteal and spellvamp alone and only affected say MS buffs, AS buffs, Shields, Armor and MR buffs it might work better. Either way it would completely kill support champs especially Soraka.

FailureAtMath 11-06-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalrix (Hozzászólás 31115952)
Something like that could work but then it would easily replace grievous wounds. If it left lifesteal and spellvamp alone and only affected say MS buffs, AS buffs, Shields, Armor and MR buffs it might work better. Either way it would completely kill support champs especially Soraka.

To be honest, I honestly thought it up as a single target spell on a champ, I just wanted a short title and "Unique CC" just didn't sound right x_x.

The5lacker 11-06-2012 12:12 PM

...A de-buff. Not a debuff, an actual de-buff.

That is so ridiculously limited in scope. I can't possibly see that being put into the game.

FailureAtMath 11-06-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The5lacker (Hozzászólás 31117295)
...A de-buff. Not a debuff, an actual de-buff.

That is so ridiculously limited in scope. I can't possibly see that being put into the game.

How? I can think of three scenarios right off the bat where it'd be useful. Zilean ults, Rengar Qs, and Poppy Ults. Before someone screams "OP", ever try to exhaust an Olaf?

SephirothWontDie 11-06-2012 12:43 PM

this is an amazing idea, but it would have to be limited. for example, Olaf's ult prevents disablers. if you use this on him, then it really shouldnt do anything because its "disabling" his his buffs. on Poppy's ult, i think you might have to be targeted with it for the spell to work. lets say this spell had a duration, cleanse would have to be able to remove it, for people who use cleanse, and ive seen people who do. it shouldnt be able to prevent stealth, i can say for sure that this would make players rage to the max if they were playing twitch or eve. in essence, i think the above poster was right when they said it only affects MS, AS, Armor, and MR buffs, but not shields. this would be very OP on champs, like Soraka. it shouldnt be allowed to cancle innate buffs, but rather a buff that you have placed on yourself instead of one that you have no control over.

FailureAtMath 11-06-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SephirothWontDie (Hozzászólás 31118711)
this is an amazing idea, but it would have to be limited. for example, Olaf's ult prevents disablers. if you use this on him, then it really shouldnt do anything because its "disabling" his his buffs. on Poppy's ult, i think you might have to be targeted with it for the spell to work. lets say this spell had a duration, cleanse would have to be able to remove it, for people who use cleanse, and ive seen people who do. it shouldnt be able to prevent stealth, i can say for sure that this would make players rage to the max if they were playing twitch or eve. in essence, i think the above poster was right when they said it only affects MS, AS, Armor, and MR buffs, but not shields. this would be very OP on champs, like Soraka. it shouldnt be allowed to cancle innate buffs, but rather a buff that you have placed on yourself instead of one that you have no control over.

Thank you so much for the feedback =D. It probably wouldn't work on Olaf. Even when Riot was disabling champs for maintenance, they couldn't disable Olaf x_x. One of the things my friend said was that it was a bad idea for it to cancel passives. Then he told me that it was bad since there weren't that many abilities that buffed stats. The original concept I had for it was that it was a single target, targeted spell that would be a Champ's ult. I wanted something like an unexpected disruption spell that could make someone suddenly overestimate their champ. Part of that was having a passive burn out for a couple seconds. Who expects that? But I guess that's probably a bit much. Thank you =)

FailureAtMath 11-06-2012 02:12 PM

Hello? o_o


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:20 AM.
12


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc