League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Else's Abilities/Transformations are jarring, unlike Jayce's. And I know exactly why. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2764613)

GhostStalker 11-04-2012 07:33 PM

Else's Abilities/Transformations are jarring, unlike Jayce's. And I know exactly why.

Jayce's Transformations have a pretty smooth transition. I think this is largely because his Q in hammerform has 600 range on it, and Jayces auto-attack range (where he does a lot of his damage from when he isn't poking) is 500 range. So he can smoothly go from attacking you from range with his abilities and autoattacks, and then close the gap right after he transformation is cast to use the rest of his abilities. Meanwhile when he undergoes his transformation he's going to have his Acceleration Gate already out and his passive will help him close the gap even more.

Elise on the other hand is a very awkward very slow round about way of getting to you after such transformation. Sure you can't have it be a copy or anything remotely similar to how Jayce works in that regards becuase game designers get all moany/groany about that sort of thing.

Elises Abilities are not very well connected with one another. When I play jayce, I feel the flow of his abilities. With elise it just feels wrong.

GhostStalker 11-05-2012 03:52 AM

bumpity

IConquer1101 11-05-2012 03:54 AM

what you're describing might be another one of the symptoms of her kit having two completely different builds and playstyles. I've played her both as a mage and as an AD bruiser and I found that she is used very differently. Perhaps you are trying to use her in a way that meshes together both playstyles?

In a way, I don't really want them to change it to just one playstyle. I like being able to play her as a mage OR a bruiser and be effective either way.

Blaine Tog 11-05-2012 04:05 AM

*shrug* I find her kit to work very well together. Whittle them down in human form, execute them in Spider form.

Bombkirby 11-05-2012 04:07 AM

I felt like that too. None of her spells have synergy or power each other up. It just feels like a bunch of random spells slapped together.

tempnameA461 11-05-2012 04:08 AM

Riot hates spiders and likes handsome men.

Balfire 11-05-2012 04:08 AM

Her kits flows together smoothly for me it just feels like her full combo isn't effective enough

GhostStalker 11-05-2012 04:12 AM

Being able to build her as an AD Bruiser is a side effect of not having good enough AP ratios to build her as a tanky AP.

Her Q in spiderform needs a leap range that's equal to the range on her human-form Q. This would be a huge step in the right direction of allowing her kit to flow right. Her E in spiderform is not fast enough, because the time i drop down on someone while they're moving, it places me out of auto attack range. And I'm left chasing. I think her human form abilities are fine, it's her spiderform abilities that are lacking. I think you could make Elise's auto-attack range longer than the standard range and that alone would help make her feel more complete. She is a gargantuan spider after all.

GhostStalker 11-05-2012 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balfire (Hozzászólás 31065387)
Her kits flows together smoothly for me it just feels like her full combo isn't effective enough

Have you played jayce?

Also what part of her combo is not effective?

Miirik 11-05-2012 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balfire (Hozzászólás 31065387)

this, she can't assassinate.

feel even fed she can't full combo someone from 100 to 0