League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Roleplaying Forums (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   The Black Market (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2764547)

Script Lord 11-04-2012 07:16 PM

The Black Market (Semi-Open Shop)

The Merchant of Death is a man of wealth and luxury who acquires, sells, and trades wondrous treasures that only the most greedy and pretentious of fools could ever desire. One of the most influential figures in the shady underground dealings that go on in city-states like Bilgewater, Zaun, and even Noxus. The man is a mystery, but his reputation has guaranteed him an extremely high bounty. He rarely, if ever, shows his face to strangers, known only to his inner circle of agents and runners, whom he pays very generously to safeguard the secrets he's allowed them to know.

The Black Market, itself, is simply the common name for his general activities. It includes every location, which he pre-determines and acquires for a short time, that sees sales of the various curiosities he has in stock and is willing to part with for a high price. Chances are, you only encounter him because you happen to stumble upon his rather out of the way shops; shops which disappear without a trace after a week as the Merchant of Death takes his business elsewhere.

Suffice it to say, if you have stepped into one of these aforementioned shops then you are now face to face with Damian Faust himself. He stands before you, bowler hat upon his head and skull-tipped cane in hand, behind a counter. Behind him are shelves lining a wall, upon which are relics of varying size and shape - from a demonic sword to an ominous tome, and everything in between.

"Well, hello there! It appears that some perilous fate has brought you into my humble shop! It's not very much, but I offer a wide variety of trinkets and ancient relics! Take a look, and let me know if any of them catch your fancy, friend!"

This is the greeting he gives to everyone who happens upon his current place of business, wherever it happens to be situated.

-----------

Current location: Bilgewater

Currently displayed items:

• Plouton - A dagger that can grant its wielder great wealth, profiting greatly from the pain of others
  • Ring of Ruin - A ring that can render whoever wears it invisible and untraceable, it is said that the longer you wear it the more you seem to lose yourself
  • Darkrystalnomicon - A tome of arcane power that has been known to change one's appearance as they learn more of its secrets
  • Charon's Obol - A coin that is said to have the power to call forth a specter that can either grant one safe passage to their destination or lead them into their demise
  • Jigoukuken - A sinister looking katana which sees to exude an aura of pure malicious darkness and is claimed to condemn the souls of those it slays to Hell
  • Fortuna - A pristine revolver whose ammunition is said to be blessed by a "Goddess of Fate" and has led men to both glory and ruin

{{ Okay, so I've decided to offer this shop because my OC deals in dangerous items that only a select few would be interested in possessing.

Script Lord 11-04-2012 07:41 PM

{{ Bumping.

AND SHOOT! I forgot to put that this thread is Semi-open }}

TheShadowOfChaos 11-04-2012 07:47 PM

Phantom had been searching for this fabled Merchant of Death. He had a few items in which the shadow warrior needed. Being weakened and drained, he needed something to reboost his powers again or at least compensate for what he had lost. After a week of searching, he had found his man. He moves into the shop, looking directly at Damian Faust.

"Hello there Sir, I have heard much about you. There are a few wares in which I may want."

Script Lord 11-05-2012 12:18 AM

Faust regarded the stranger with a rather mischievous smile, and for the briefest of moments there was a twinkle in his eye before he nodded at his first customer.

"Ah, well if there's anything in particular you're looking for.....I'd be more than happy to help you! I daresay I possess a vast treasure trove of various bobbles and trinkets, so I have no doubt that I have what you seek!"

Script Lord 11-05-2012 11:04 AM

{{ Anyone who may wish to take a look at all that Faust has to offer, be aware that you should probably have a good reason to be in the city-state in which the shop is established. }}

Tentorer 11-05-2012 11:05 AM

((HEY! I was thinking of selling stolen goods and this was gonna be my title Q.Q))

Script Lord 11-05-2012 11:37 AM

{{ You can sell stolen goods, I don't mind, but Faust is the go-to guy for dangerous and forbidden relics, alright? If you happen to swipe one of those, you might find yourself visited by a certain eccentric merchant.... }}

Tentorer 11-05-2012 12:20 PM

((That's ok I'd rather not be chased down by a guy of your power.. I'm only a "simple" thief with a gun :)))

Script Lord 11-05-2012 12:51 PM

{{ That's nice. Thank you for the bumps, by the way. }}

Tentorer 11-05-2012 12:53 PM

((XD no problem!))