League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Blood For Noxus! 2k Upvotes For Kat Skins! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2757456)

Annapii 11-03-2012 01:50 AM

Blood For Noxus! 2k Upvotes For Kat Skins!

9 Attachment(s)
Update

January 15th, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I have received my answer from Hippalus and Riot Support.

I do not intend to publicly announce the results. I do not want the results to spark more discussion. There has been enough debate and mud slinging from all sides. If you are sincerely curious, you may approach me privately in-game.

Please. Let the thread die.

Thank you, everyone.

2000/2000

Attachment 584541

Conclusion

December 31st 2012 at 10:00 AM.

Hello GD.

First of all. I would like to thank my traders and my supporters. Thank you Evan, Vari, and Ryek for your friendship and your generosity. I sincerely appreciate the opportunity that you have given me. And thank you to my supporters for working so hard to try and make this opportunity into a reality.

The RP Giveaway will be completed later tonight or tomorrow morning. Kurogano has already posted the results of his giveaway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurogano (Hozzászólás 33012838)
The winners of my prizes have been chosen.

1. SpiritHacker
2. Nanorii
3. WesIey
4. Grim2103
5. Bergtau
6. RIP IN PIECES
7. Drakojan
8. Vamp13
9. The Real Riggz
10. Erosumikun

Due to the controversy in my thread regarding accusations of smurfed upvotes and downvotes, I have been building a thorough support ticket dealing with the issue. I have already submit this case and requested a thorough investigation of any suspicious activity by both supporters and nonsupporters. I leave it to Riot Support to validate or invalidate my trade accordingly.

Happy New Year. Thank you.

Update: RP Card Giveaway complete.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annapii (Hozzászólás 33039376)
RP Card Drawing

Random Number Generator: RANDOM.ORG
Page Number: 1-818 (The number of pages in the thread. Omit 819- At the time of the drawing, only I have posted on pg 819.)
Post Number: 1-10 (There are 10 posts per page.)

RP Card 1
Page Number: 24
Post Number: 9
Winner: Dannyboy64

RP Card 2
Page Number: 178
Post Number: 1
Winner: Varidan

RP Card 3
Page Number: 132
Post Number: 2
Winner: Rewove

Thanks everyone for helping out. I will be adding the winners in-game to provide them with the code.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[a message from riot]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farm (Hozzászólás 29632469)
so if i contact you hipplaus, you can transfer skins like you did with this guy? this should be added to the game. you know if you do it for one person more people will want it..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hippalus (Hozzászólás 29634108)
Only if you have a 2k upvote thread about your situation :)

But yeah, I know there are a lot of people that would love to trade their limited edition skins. I wanted to do a couple test cases first to see if it surfaced any unexpected problems (like getting me fired), and if not, I'll see if I can set up a process or some tech that will make this feasible for more players.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hippalus (Hozzászólás 31878010)
To other 2k upvote thread creators, we will be ending this method of gifting/trading skins, and will not be processing any gifts/trades for upvotes after December 31. Achieving 2k upvotes is too much effort and out of the reach of most, and while it has rewarded a few well deserving players, I'd like to focus on solutions which can solve these problems for many more.

[the trades]

Attachment 552782Attachment 552783
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evanbu (Hozzászólás 31046145)
Just confirming that I have agreed to do this trade, 2 kat skins (red card/ kitty kat) for 1950RP. Lets get this done for annapii!

Upvote!

Evanbu has agreed to trade Kitty Cat and Red Card Katarina for their original price of 975RP each, or 1950RP. These skins are worth so much more. When we were discussing the trade, I couldn't imagine what would be enough. So I asked Evanbu to name his price. Although I braced myself for an outrageous price, Evanbu responded that he preferred Sandstorm Katarina, and that he would be content to accept 1950RP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Varidan (Hozzászólás 31583435)
I'm here to tell GD that Annapii is not a lying b*stard.

Varidan has agreed to trade All Star Akali for 975RP. And he has posted to confirm that I am not a lying *******. Thank you, Vari. Vari found me through this thread. After a few days of watching me talk to myself, he was impressed by my tenacity and decided to support me. After a few days of games, he was kind enough to offer me his unwanted All-Star Akali. He can also post to confirm that I am one of the best Akali players he has personally met. Which, I think, just means he doesn't know many Akali players.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryek (Hozzászólás 31342946)
Confirming I offered to gift UFo Corki.

Ryek has also agreed to gift UFO Corki. Although I find the skin very quirky and clever, he finds it extremely annoying. And since he was impressed by my efforts to gather 2k upvotes, he decided to offer it to me.

[giveaway]

I got 3 $10 RP Cards for Christmas. I will give them away at 2k Upvotes.

I will use a random number generator to choose the winner. I will add winners in-game to provide the codes. Please post when you receive and redeem your card to confirm that it worked.

Obviously, I cannot win. That would be stupid. The winners must have been supporting my thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurogano (Hozzászólás 32917282)
Ok guys deadline and it's game time I am throwing full support behind Anna. Once she reaches 2k upvotes I will do every reward that was involved with my thread this includes.

Helping 5 people make fan champion concepts.
as well as
Making 5 people Forum Avatars/Signatures or Desktop Background.

My DA is here for examples of my work. Full details of the prizes can be found here.

[my sob story]

I don't really have one.

My name is Annapii. I started playing League of Legends on November 17th, 2010. I have over 1000 wins and over 2000 games played. I'm most proud of my cute Teamwork and Honorable Opponent ribbons. I efficiently and willingly play four out of five roles for my modest ~1400 Elo. (Yes, I'm willing to support.) Every day, I play for hours. I'm also known for playing during lecture and irritating my classmates with my insistent clicking. (Somehow, I am still passing college.)

I began playing Katarina late 2010 or early 2011. I enjoyed her pre-rework, and after a little struggle adjusting, I have begun to enjoy her post-rework. I began playing Akali mid 2010. She was my first AP mid. I was inspired and guided by two good friends, both of whom were Akali mains. I began playing Corki more recently. I have always struggled with the ADC role, and I'm striving to learn.

Of course, these are not the only champions I play. I enjoy and play a variety of champions. Alongside mid Katarina and Akali, I also enjoy mid Karma. I also enjoy solo top Riven and solo top Fiora. I also mained post-nerf pre-rework jungle Evelynn. My current main jungler is Sejuani. Regardless of the rage I receive for "OP no skill" or "UP troll", I play the champions that I like playing.

I'm just an average summoner, but I really enjoy the game. I want these skins because I sincerely like them. Its a simple reason, but I would appreciate and enjoy having them. And I figure... What other reason do I need? Happiness is enough!

[an open letter to the community]

Hello League of Legends Community.

Originally, I was using this space to share an upcoming Headmistress Fiora cosplay with the community. I intended it to be a fun way to show my support and enjoyment for the game.

Please look at these screenshots.

These summoners saw my thread. And from my summoner name and the work in progress picture I had posted of me wearing my incomplete cosplay, they concluded that I was a female. These screenshots show the first ten minutes of the resulting forty minute game.

I expected this cosplay to be something fun for myself and the community. But from the response I have received- not just from this game, but from posters in my thread- it is clear that my expectations were too optimistic. For this reason, I have decided not to show my cosplay on the GD. However, I do plan on completing it and wearing it to an upcoming LoL Tournament. To the supportive few that were looking forward to the cosplay, I sincerely apologize.

Now, I would like to talk about this case. And other cases like it. In my two years of play, I have encountered far too many similar and worse situations. This is not an isolated nor rare incident. Nor is it solely related to my cosplay picture- I have never before provided pictures on League of Legends.

Many people seem to assume that women are always "white knighted." Or that when women identify themselves as women- through a summoner name, a statement, or a picture- they are automatically "putting out" for attention. The only special treatment I have ever received for my gender is verbal abuse and sexual harassment from individuals that incorrectly assume the aforementioned.

If an individual stands up for me... Is he "white knighting"? Or is he standing up against sexism because it is a wrong thing?

If I have a feminine summoner name or post a picture of my cosplay... Am I "putting out"? Or am I merely unashamed of my gender?

Think about it.

Thank you for reading. Please enjoy your games. And when you do, please try not to make the game worse for other people. Especially not for such a stupid reason.

[now approved by the league of draaaven]

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDraaven (Hozzászólás 31746233)
Your leader, the all-powerful amazing DRAAAAAVEN, approve of this trade

[powerup: senior wrenchman wrench]

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirRFI (Hozzászólás 31981143)
I usually don't upvote such threads, because I find them.. somehow negative in my opinion. However, your thread appears to be polished and You apparently work hard to success. I lend You my wrench (+1).

[a message to downvoters]

I just want to explain: None of us enjoy making these threads. Do you think we think its fun to bump a thread every five minutes?

But at this time, this is the only trading system available to the community. A lot of us have skins we really want, and we're all trying our best with what is available to us. Its not that great and I'm really sorry it annoys you. But if that's the case, please support an official trading system instead of downvoting people that are trying their best. After all. The longer you downvote, the longer we need to bump for upvotes.

Annapii 11-03-2012 01:51 AM

9 Attachment(s)
[art]

Attachment 552578Attachment 553125Attachment 553586Attachment 554238Attachment 558711
Attachment 559787

Requests
  • sairaus: Silent Night Sona DONE
  • Derix12321: Urfrider Corki and Garen DONE

[jungle sejuani adventures]

Attachment 559893Attachment 559894Attachment 559896

Drawings by WesIey

[links]

misc
trading skins
seeking skins
  • Edgerrin56 Seeking Regifted Amumu, Nutcracko, and Workshop Nunu + Trading for Urf the Manatee
  • Bond84 Seeking Snow Bunny Nidalee
  • Sagelotus Seeking Kitty Cat Katarina + Trading for Snow Bunny Nidalee and Bewitching Nidalee
  • Katárina Seeking Red Card Katarina + Trading for Kitty Cat Katarina

Please tell me if you would like to exchange links. c:

Annapii 11-03-2012 01:52 AM

[acknowledgements]

Thank you: Evanbu, Varidan, and Ryek.
I sincerely appreciate your kindness and generosity.

Also, thank you upvoters!
We appreciate your time and support!

[updates]
  • EDIT31: 1200 upvotes!
  • EDIT32: 1300 upvotes!
  • EDIT33: 1337 upvotes!
  • EDIT34: 1400 upvotes!
  • EDIT35: Congratulations Tigercule X!
  • EDIT36: 1500 upvotes!
  • EDIT37: 1600 upvotes!
  • EDIT38: RP Giveaway added.
  • EDIT39: 1700 upvotes!
  • EDIT40: 1800 upvotes. Due to a number of circumstances, I have updated my front page and submit a ticket to Riot Support.
  • EDIT41: 1900 upvotes.
  • EDIT41: 2000 upvotes.

BlackyChan542 11-03-2012 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annapii (Hozzászólás 30994514)
I started playing League of Legends on November 17th, 2012

So you're a time traveler?

Annapii 11-03-2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackyChan542 (Hozzászólás 30994661)
So you're a time traveler?

xD Fail. No, I'm a Californian trying to be legible at 3am in the morning.

I'll fix it. I joined in 2010.

Xaddgx Asmodian 11-03-2012 02:06 AM

Good luck. +1.

Annapii 11-03-2012 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xaddgx (Hozzászólás 30994728)
Good luck. +1.

Thank you so much!

Silphire 11-03-2012 02:08 AM

i jelly. gl.

Annapii 11-03-2012 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silphire (Hozzászólás 30994753)
i jelly. gl.

Thank you! I'm jelly of your shiny gold Elo shield. QQ

Pokemon Trainer 11-03-2012 02:11 AM

Piikachu brought me here. gl with the trade!