League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Zed's Backstory: (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2754128)

Sandrockcstm 11-02-2012 09:43 AM

Zed's Backstory:

Great story. Compelling, and rich.

MasqureMan 11-02-2012 09:45 AM

I liked it as well, but you can't please everyone.

LordOfLoot 11-04-2012 11:08 AM

he has a typical dark ninja story, but set within an atypical ninja clan it creates a lot of inconsistencies

Mr Voodooshoodoo 11-04-2012 10:03 PM

I'm not going to lie, Zed's back story reeks of poor word choice and an unimaginative plot

I mean, seriously, it is just awful

'Balance is a lie - we are the true ninjas"

Flip guys this is like the one dude who presents his "original" champion idea of xxX_blackreaperdeathGrim_Xxx

come on riot, I know you fired a lot of lore guys awhile ago, but this is deplorable

Sorry came back to this site after a long absence only to be assaulted by Zed's (seriously, a shredder ripoff named Zed?" "lore"

I await my red thumbs

sleepyj101 11-05-2012 08:54 AM

I suppose you could argue its compelling in that it makes you think or try to figure more stuff out. I personally don't agree that an inconsistent and a possible damage to other lore would qualify as compelling. Nor would I say its rich. It's about as shallow as Elise but a bit more cheesy.

This isn't say its a bad lore. It's probably the better one to come out of late. We need cheesy champs just as much as the deep/rich ones. I just don't think he's on par with someone like Swain or LB. If we ever get more info that might change. That would require the creative dpt to like us again though.

Meshly 11-05-2012 09:52 AM

Zed's lore sounds like it came straight of an anime.

webbut 11-05-2012 10:13 AM

Zed is the best lore since jayce. Zed's actual story is pretty weak but his lore is a lot more like the old lore. It involves an old Character and it doesn't just involve their relationship it also gives us more details into the world of runeterra and the ninja order.

It's a perfect balance of the old lore and what they are trying to do with the new lore and I think for now they should use it as a template going forward.

VexTheHex 11-05-2012 01:15 PM

I guess I'm a odd one.

Elise's lore was pretty cool, and even better with her story on the sign in screen.

Zed? Looks like Talon and Shen had a baby and basically has the typical story when the Master has a son and rival pupil type thing going on. It's not awful, but it's not compelling. It didn't turn me off of the champion like Syndra's did, but it felt like it's been told a million times.

Zelgadis2113 11-06-2012 02:17 AM

I have a few problems with Zed and the ninjas in lol. Personally, I think they should reboot the lore behind the ninjas because if you have read Shen lore and Zed then it doesn't really match. My personal suggestions would be:
1: base it more on the reality of ninjas and also the class system in feudal Japan. By doing this, It would lead to more characters. i.e. Samurais, Lords, etc.
2. Give Zed a Japanese or even an Asian name. I don't understand why his name is Zed when all the other ninjas have Japanese names. I'm not sure if their real Japanese names but I can actually see it as such. i.e Shen, Akali and Kennen. Kagemusha would be a better name. Kagemusha = Shadow warrior or even Kage.
3.I'm just going to run over quick bullet points of changes to the story that I would have made to the lore and the characters involved.

-Keeping Shen father as the great ninja master but also he is the head of the clan. p.s they should give him a name.
-Zed can still be an orphan but he is taken into the main house, and treated as a second son. i.e this would make him and Shen brothers not by blood but only in name. There are multiple reasons why this could happen and I have a few concepts floating around in my head.
-I would prefer Zed and Shen to truly acts as bothers during their childhood. Of course they would be of two different temperaments. Imagine Shen being the quiet, disciplined, and obedient whereas Zed being more of a trouble maker and very emotional. Setting up their childhood this way will foreshadow future events and the main cause of Zed banishment.
-I'm going to break down the reason for Zed banishment really quickly because I to sleep.
1. Love- Zed falls in love with a female ninja, I'm just going to use Akali but any female would do.
2. Akali father insults a lord.
3. Later the lord orders Shen's father to kill Akali father.
4. Shen's father gives the mission to both Zed and Shen as their rite of passage. I thought that whole Takanu thing was stupid.
5. Out of his emotions for Akali, he tried to warn them. As you can see, he is disobeying a direct order, compromising the mission, also letting his emotions control him. 3 big no no, for the ninjas.
6. Zed reaches Akali and her father before Shen, and pleads with them to run.
7. He is met with disgust and contempt from Akali. Keep in mind that Akali is also a ninja and her family honor is on the line. Akali father has already accepted his fate.
8. Shen arrives, and provides Akali father as a second. For those who don't understand, when a person commits seppuku i.e suicide, they are also beheaded.
9. Zed is banished for his actions, the woman he loves hates him. This would set up for his hatred for the Kinkou.
10. Instead of him creating his own ninja clan, he is recruited into a rival clan. Think Iga vs Koga.

"Balance is a lie - Hate is true power" Zed

Raisu 11-06-2012 11:56 AM

Zelgadis, sorry but id have to disagree with the suggestions you made.

For starters, how do the lores not match up and how was the Takanu bit stupid?

I've seen some blatantly misinterpreted thoughts over Shen and Zed's lore but nothing like that.