League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   So Riot, can we look foward to ranked Dominion? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2753542)

SurrealSwerve 11-02-2012 04:25 AM

So Riot, can we look foward to ranked Dominion?
 
Dominiondosen't get the love it truly deserves all the time, I think that adding ranked Dominon would encourage some players(incuding pro streamers) to making it more of a serious and enjoyable gamemode.

ShooterDudeLoL 11-02-2012 04:32 AM

No

Duelpower 11-02-2012 07:08 AM

While we do want ranked yes, Riotnome has made it clear that he has some changes in the pipes that need to be ironed out before they can consider ranked mode.

Some items will be ported into dominion, also they have hinted at some gameplay changes in the near future as well. You really wouldn't want ranked enabled while they are being tested on live.

Aive Noclu 11-02-2012 11:32 AM

Honestly, I do not want Ranked Dominion at all right now, not until the player base grows.

To get the player base to grow, Dominion firstly needs some changes with items and gameplay. This will probably come sometime in the offseason before season three begins.
Secondly, normal draft pick has to go. The queues are long, the playerbase is itself split because of normal draft, and normal draft also scares away potential dominion players.

Once Dominon has a playerbase that won't be potentially split by introducing Ranked, can Riot actually think of adding a ranked mode to dominion. I feel there should only be one ranked mode, only because the player base is still potentially small (Yet just big enough to have ranked, like Twisted Treeline) and that the ranked mode should just be solo/duo queue.

HaIfhearted 11-02-2012 01:00 PM

Actually, I was talking to Nome the other day, and he said that he actually wants to give Dominion ranked, but the guys who were in charge of whether Dom gets ranked or not didn't want to.

Nome knows and wants what's good for us.

Its just that the guys a little bit upstairs probably haven't spent the time to think about it yet and/or don't know enough about the situation that Dominion is in to really understand the issue.

wingstreet 11-02-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by For Granny Noclu (Hozzászólás 30969097)
Honestly, I do not want Ranked Dominion at all right now, not until the player base grows.

To get the player base to grow, Dominion firstly needs some changes with items and gameplay. This will probably come sometime in the offseason before season three begins.
Secondly, normal draft pick has to go. The queues are long, the playerbase is itself split because of normal draft, and normal draft also scares away potential dominion players.

Once Dominon has a playerbase that won't be potentially split by introducing Ranked, can Riot actually think of adding a ranked mode to dominion. I feel there should only be one ranked mode, only because the player base is still potentially small (Yet just big enough to have ranked, like Twisted Treeline) and that the ranked mode should just be solo/duo queue.

you do realize no one takes it seriously because there is no ranked. LoL itself has the player base to easily support all three game modes. it would be populated enough if ranked was enabled.

A Slime Appears 11-03-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaIfhearted (Hozzászólás 30971846)
Actually, I was talking to Nome the other day, and he said that he actually wants to give Dominion ranked, but the guys who were in charge of whether Dom gets ranked or not didn't want to.

Nome knows and wants what's good for us.

Its just that the guys a little bit upstairs probably haven't spent the time to think about it yet and/or don't know enough about the situation that Dominion is in to really understand the issue.

Let's say one does believe you've talked to him, what reasons were given, if any, for not turning it on?

HaIfhearted 11-03-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Slime Appears (Hozzászólás 31011210)
Let's say one does believe you've talked to him, what reasons were given, if any, for not turning it on?

"Data."
All I know is that apparently there was "data" that pointed away from ranked Dominion, but he wasn't able to elaborate on what sort data it was, and told me I'd have to ask Yegg for more details.

You know the drill. He's not allowed to talk about what hasn't been officially announced and whatnot.

I personally am just going to assume, at least until proven otherwise, that Yegg hasn't really been using his head to actually *think* about the issue and/or just doesn't know anything about the current state of Dominion, and/or possibly can't be bothered to give a ****.

Argodis 11-03-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingstreet (Hozzászólás 30975231)
you do realize no one takes it seriously because there is no ranked. LoL itself has the player base to easily support all three game modes. it would be populated enough if ranked was enabled.

TT has ranked and no one takes it serious.

If you watch a lot of high elo streams, you'd notice that when they get bored of SR, they get together and play Proving Grounds, not Dominion or ranked TT.

Sure LoL has the pop but most of LoL's player base don't seem to care about Dominion. Data from a while back.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1953889

Considering that much of the LoL player base doesn't play any ranked mode at all, you're fooling yourself if you think just adding ranked would change the current perceived image of Dominion.

Aive Noclu 11-05-2012 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingstreet (Hozzászólás 30975231)
you do realize no one takes it seriously because there is no ranked. LoL itself has the player base to easily support all three game modes. it would be populated enough if ranked was enabled.

False. I'm going to use Twisted Treeline as my example here. Riot thought ranked would populate it more, but that plan backfired on them because there were still issues with the map.

We currently have the playerbase to support Ranked yes, but as I said that player base is already split between Normal draft and Blind pick and would be even more split with the addition of ranked. Normal draft simply has to go if we ever want ranked dominion, followed by some QoL changes to the Crystal Scar.

Adding ranked won't solve any problem at all, players will still shy away because of map issues and the fact normal draft is available. In a mode this small, draft simply shouldn't exist.

tl;dr
Ranked won't solve any of the current problems, but will instead further isolate the players from each other. Normal Draft has to go to move forward.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:00 AM.


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc