League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Tribunal Rewards for Specific Justice Ratings Milestones (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2750467)

Whiteyoshi333 11-01-2012 10:40 AM

Tribunal Rewards for Specific Justice Ratings Milestones

I was wondering on others thoughts on whether Riot should give out IP/RP for individuals that have or achieve high level rankings on their Justice rating.

For example getting 1400 rating gives you a certain amount of IP, and hitter higher rankings gives you RP (almost like the friend referral program)

I think this way we could have the following benefits:
- More people doing the community work
- Higher accuracy on cases
- More forum discussion to collaborate on how to make better reviews on cases
- A better understanding on what you should do in certain cases when you play games
- More people being careful in game about what they do and say

I could keep going with the list of benefits but I think you get the point.
What are your thoughts people?

And try to bump this up so Riot can possibly see this and implement it if they find it beneficial

Thanks for taking the time to read and give your thoughts! :D

Nuker X 11-01-2012 10:41 AM

Please eliminate the HTML.

You can't even read this.

Whiteyoshi333 11-01-2012 10:45 AM

Sorry

I dont understand why it is coming out like that, i am trying to change it

Nuker X 11-01-2012 10:46 AM

whatever you are copying from, paste into notepad first, then copy from that. That should do it.

Whiteyoshi333 11-01-2012 10:50 AM

Thanks

Ya i was editing my work in microsoft word before moving it over, thanks! :D

Matthevv 11-01-2012 10:58 AM

IP/RP are not the kind of rewards that would work well with this system. That just brings greed into the tribunal and will skew results. Rewards need to be something that encourages good players to want to help not bad players that want free stuff.

Kapernius 11-01-2012 11:12 AM

No rewards is the way it should have been and should always be. If you are doing this for some type of rewards you are doing it for the wrong reason.

Lyte, or any other "RIOT" please do not change anything with the current system.

Guiness17 11-01-2012 11:22 AM

I read a thread on the EU forums that had some good reasons for not rewarding with IP/RP. Their idea was to give honor badges, or some skins.

Don't know what to think - IP makes sense, because you are INFLUENCING the game with your votes. But if it attracts people spamming votes, then it's no good.

*shrug?* I don't know. I take my time and try to make good decisions, but if I get nothing for it then I'm less inclined to participate. But I do solo queue and have been screamed at so ??? I would like to see that cut down on. I shouldn't get yelled at for trying a free champ on a Lv 20 account, and struggling.

FaytZen 11-01-2012 11:27 AM

I like tribunal because I honestly hate seeing toxic players especially when I play with them. There are tribunal people who are doing this regardless of the IP rewards.

They actually do ip rewards before but it didn't work out. I don't care for incentives in doing tribunal but I don't know. If you start giving out rewards, more people would do tribunal. But is it the right kind of people?

Jesodoth 11-01-2012 01:14 PM

I could understand there being rewards, but they would need to be tailored for long time tribunal workers. This would kind of work like a season in LoL ending, and people getting a skin for their efforts over the year.

The trick is, how does Riot reward people who put in a lot of work, while not neglecting people who are new to the process and don't fall within a certain guideline for the reward system. There would need to be a combination of things, such as justice rating, case accuracy, number of cases solved, and time spent doing cases ( this one is tricky)..

And even after all this, the rewards would have to be something which again, wouldn't alienate other players, Tribunal workers, or future Tribunal workers.

People say that the system is built around using people who do the work simply because it's the right thing to do, and, I think for those people, that there being no reward, isn't an issue.

Me personally, I don't care about a reward. The reward would inevitably be something that I don't need or wouldn't use more than a few times. So, why ask Riot to go to those lengths, and, why not simply work to make the community a better place.

There will always be people willing to do the work 'just because it's the right thing to do'.

EDIT: I voted maybe. Because I could see the system going either way, as a positive or negative attribute to the Tribunal. But, more over, I think it'd be very hard to balance, but, if anyone could create an unbiased and uncorruptable reward system it'd probably be Lyte, and the people that work with him/her.