League of Legends Community
12345 ... 7

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Issues with non-english speakers ruining games. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2746733)

Yourcatmolested 10-31-2012 09:26 AM

Issues with non-english speakers ruining games.

I'm not trying to be an offensive idiot like others who complain about this, and I'm not saying ALL non-english speakers are a problem. But most are. They can't communicate or understand what's being said, so they don't participate in coordinated activities in the games. I'm noticing it more and more and it's really becoming a problem. Has Riot offered any way to fix this...?

Xer087 10-31-2012 09:58 AM

Bump.. this is getting increasingly annoying to the point where ill try to gage their english asap in champ select.. and dodge if its terribly broken. Getting a team where ur the only one who speaks english as ur native tongue completely takes away from the team aspect. U lose out on communication almost in all aspects except possible ping spam . Not a racist but it is a team game.

Best Furry NA 10-31-2012 10:27 AM

I think it's more of certain ones than others.

I remember my 2nd game as Kennen about... 2 months ago?

We had 2 DC's. It was my first time mid. I ended up getting Godlike. We surrendered at 20, but honestly, for 3v5, we were putting up an amazing fight.

Our top spoke Spanish.

He still knew phrases like "MIA" and to ping.

Even if you can't speak English, you can learn a few phrases and ping. And some do. Sadly a lot don't. It's not Spanish speakers that are the problem, but refusal to learn how to communicate. And every type of people do that at times.

CIinik 10-31-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glacialwrath (Hozzászólás 30891827)
I think it's more of certain ones than others.

I remember my 2nd game as Kennen about... 2 months ago?

We had 2 DC's. It was my first time mid. I ended up getting Godlike. We surrendered at 20, but honestly, for 3v5, we were putting up an amazing fight.

Our top spoke Spanish.

He still knew phrases like "MIA" and to ping.

Even if you can't speak English, you can learn a few phrases and ping. And some do. Sadly a lot don't. It's not Spanish speakers that are the problem, but refusal to learn how to communicate. And every type of people do that at times.

In a recent survey, 100% of 1 league of legends case(s) disprove the theory that speaking foreign languages is detrimental to team communication.

Case closed.

Best Furry NA 10-31-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CIinik (Hozzászólás 30892156)
In a recent survey, 100% of 1 league of legends case(s) disprove the theory that speaking foreign languages is detrimental to team communication.

Case closed.

It's an example of what can be done.

I'm saying that it's possible to speak just another language, but still learn a few phrases to help your team.

It's the people, not the nationality/language.

KingSnafu 10-31-2012 12:53 PM

if all they know is MIA and what role to call how i do tell him to invade? or to let him push i can gank him, or answer me when i ask if theres a ward in his lane, or answer me if i ask him if someones in a bush near him or anything beyond the commands you can give to a dog.

Yourcatmolested 10-31-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CIinik (Hozzászólás 30892156)

Case closed.

You're either an idiot or just ignorant. If my team doesn't understand english, and for the record, I'm not saying just Spanish speakers, I'd rather not isolate one group, but anyway, if they don't understand when the rest of the team is saying "all group mid" and they just run around doing nothing, how is that NOT detrimental? Sure they might understand pings, mia, etc, but when someone is saying "buy wards" or trying to communicate items, locations, etc, not speaking/understanding English is OBVIOUSLY detrimental.

MaruEC 10-31-2012 01:29 PM

I think is possible to learn spanish too.. not everybody has to speak english, and this is an internet entertaiment.. its open to the whole world.. that thing is just racism..

Yourcatmolested 10-31-2012 01:33 PM

In all fairness, it IS an NA server, and if you look at the top of the page, when selecting NA, the only language presented is ENGLISH. I don't want to sound ignorant, but the NA servers were more than likely designed for ENGLISH speaking players.

Fuzy 10-31-2012 01:58 PM

i agree...