League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Any changes to make to my Aniv item build? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=274549)

Shriek 10-03-2010 01:20 PM

Any changes to make to my Aniv item build?

I usually got:
Saph 2x HP
Catalyst
boots 1
Tears of Goddess
RoA
Boots 2
Archangel
Zhonya
Lich Bane

Game usually ends there, if not then i get another archangel

Elepro 10-03-2010 01:26 PM

This gives you the foundation items (catalyst, tear) early but leaves you without AP until the game gets well underway. If you have 20 or 30 flat AP from runes this would be fine, but otherwise, a smart tank might shut you down by about 15 minutes with a little MR.

Both Archangel's and RoA depend on being finished early; I'm a cautious player, so I usually finish an Archangel's Staff before building a catalyst, relying on extra HP from the egg to save me in a pinch. Alternatively, you could finish the Rod of Ages early if you're a more aggressive player, and catch the Tears of the Goddess up later by collecting blue buff and turning your ult on/off while you cross the map.

Your item choices are spot on, though. I'm not sure about the Lich Bane; you might prefer the cooldown reduction from a Deathfire, but Lich Bane is super amazing for pushing towers.

Pissfer 10-03-2010 01:26 PM

I personally get Zhonya's before the Archangel, but other than that, it seems pretty good to me. The other item you could consider is Rylai's, because the slow that it gives stacks with the slows on your spells. However, if you wanted to add it, it'd probably be replacing Lich Bane at the end of the build.

Oh, and the last thing I have become fond of that it is not in any way required, or heck, may even be stupid on my behalf: getting a Regrowth Pendant first with 1 HP pot. Build it into Philosopher's if you're having severe mana issues, or just treat it like a dorans item and sell it later if you're not. Also, you can always upgrade a Philosopher's into Shurelya's Reverie just for everything that it gives (HP and CDR, along with a 2 second Ghost. What else could you want?) However, this is something I do only if I am NOT the main/only source of Magic Damage on a team (so if you have an Annie, or other mage, as well, I actually advocate for a philosopher's stone build)

And in response to the post above mine that came while typing, I do say that FINISHING an archangels early is not necessarily important, as TotG gives the mana gain passive, but better. Go spend that 1860 gold you saved on the blasting wand and recipe cost on the rest of your RoA, or your catalyst, or the rest of your catalyst and a blasting wand, depending on what you have exactly

Elepro 10-03-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pissfer (Hozzászólás 3236327)
And in response to the post above mine that came while typing, I do say that FINISHING an archangels early is not necessarily important, as TotG gives the mana gain passive, but better. Go spend that 1860 gold you saved on the blasting wand and recipe cost on the rest of your RoA, or your catalyst, or the rest of your catalyst and a blasting wand, depending on what you have exactly

^-- This is also very good advice.

As an aside, I don't personally buy any HP regen items, but I ABSOLUTELY make sure to get 3 pts in the Strength of Spirit defensive mastery. RoA + tears, and this mastery helps laning quite a bit.

jokull 10-03-2010 01:34 PM

the only thing i would add is an early mejais, since its pretty easy for anivia to get and maintain stacks

Shriek 10-03-2010 04:44 PM

bump

Gnarlyhead 10-03-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jokull (Hozzászólás 3236481)
the only thing i would add is an early mejais, since its pretty easy for anivia to get and maintain stacks

Lately I have been using clarity and mana regen runes to avoid early game mana problems.

By rushing a Soulstealer (and avoiding mana items) I can get the early AP, and following that with a Zhonya's as soon as possible makes it very easy for me to maintain my stacks. I then follow up with an Archangel's to set me for mana for the rest of the game.

Even with a tough game and a slow gain of stacks early on, I generally have no problems filling the Soulstealer once I have the Zhonya's.