League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 29

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   All those threads talking about role-queuing. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2744432)

PogoPogoPogoPogo 10-30-2012 03:03 PM

All those threads talking about role-queuing.

Right, so this thread is going to be the go-to source for those threads with the idea of queuing up for a specific role. There's usually 2 or 3 of them on the front page, and a new one pops up daily.

The original poster usually thinks he's the first idiot to think the idea up and rather than using the search feature to find out if he's right about his originality, he just posts the thread.

So, this post will contain a link to every thread suggesting the idea. And every thread I see suggesting the idea will get a link back here. Maybe I can keep this thread bumped enough so that new threads will die more quickly and the discussion will move over here. And that way people will stop having to rehash the same conversation over and over and over and over and over again.

Links.
1. Turning Elo Hell -> Into Paradise (Developer Suggestion)
2. Takeing a thing for wow
3. Queue by Position
4. an idea for ranked queues and elo hell.
5. Maybe new matchmaking system needed:
6. Fix LoL elo system
7. Role Selection
8. 5 v 5 Roles, maybe this has been rbought up?
9. Ranked game suggestion. Consider it?
10. Matchmaking process
11. Ranked Role Que please
12. Suggestion: Why Not Add Separate Queues For Each Role?
13. Calling Lane/Role
14. @ ANY Rioter: Implement This Idea **Please**
15. A new method of picking
16. Pre-defined queue
17. A fundamental flaw, and solution to Draft Pick
18. Solo Queue Suggestion (please bump if you like)
19. Overcoming insta-locks
20. New Matchmaking system
21. Pick your role! Too hard if you're playing ranked.
22. Que For Roles
23. Role specific Qeue's, following the META.
24. Roles.
25. NECRO: Easy way to reduce trolling
26. "Meta Pick" mode would be great
27. Picking your role.
28. Picking Roles Prior to Champion Select
29. tired of lane arguments during selection
30. We need a queue selection
31. Being able to que up as a certain role?
32. Simple solution to resolving anger issues during solo/duo queue ranked
33. Queue for position
34. [Riot - New idea] Role Selection and the Queue ... new? Haha.
35. Sick of Ranked
36. PvP, Ranked and Harras management
37. League of Legends Ideas
38. Any word on a "pick your role before que" system?
39. please prevent people from arguing over roles and chanpions.
40. New queue.
41. Dear Riot. I want to play the meta!
42. Picking role before entering champ select
43. Input: Fix Matchmaking and the Trolls.
44. Picking Roles/Lanes
45. implementing role queues without imposing metas (and a segment on adhd)
46. [Suggestion] A new postion queue interface
47. [Suggestion] Queuing For Specific Lanes as an Option
48. Dear Riot,
49. Some whimsical thoughts on alternate que, meta, and an offered solution.RED post plz?
50. Suggesting a change to the queue'ing system.
51. 9/10 ranked games have trolls
52. Fixing trolls in ranked
53. A New Way to Que

EDIT: This is a link to this thread for my copy & paste purposes: All those threads talking about role-queuing.

PogoPogoPogoPogo 10-30-2012 03:04 PM

Moar links.
Yes, I seriously expect that by the end of this there will be at least 2 posts worth of links to threads started by people who think they're the first person to come up with this idea.

PogoPogoPogoPogo 10-30-2012 03:05 PM

One more reserved post, just to be safe.

Best Furry NA 10-30-2012 03:05 PM

Discussion: The current meta is obviously the best way. Creativity can't possibly make a better meta, and the ideas of duo-mids, duo-jungles, and more can't possibly be good. Also, the idea of trolls like queuing as Garen mid (and you can't ban certain champions from certain positions, as some interesting ways have came up), can't possibly exist.

Nope, no flaws.

PogoPogoPogoPogo 10-30-2012 03:10 PM

All right. The 3 posts that are now in the original post are just from the last 24 hours. I only took the posts that were on the front page of Summoner's Rift subforum at the time the thread was created, as I'm giving all of these threads a link back to here, and I really don't see the need to bump threads old enough to have made it to the second page.

But if I know the forums, I know I'll have about 25 links by Thanksgiving.

deirin 10-30-2012 03:11 PM

lol i look forward to this thread XD

PogoPogoPogoPogo 10-30-2012 03:14 PM

And if you guys could help me keep it bumped and keep this thread near the top, it might discourage people from reposting the same idea.

Half the point of the thread is to show all those numb-skulls that YES, YOUR IDEA HAS BEEN POSTED ON THE FORUMS BEFORE. The other half of the point to the thread is to include all the arguments for and against the idea in one condensed location so that people can understand that the debate has happened hundreds of times already and all the pros and cons have already been discussed. We don't need yet another thread to discuss the same dusty old idea just because you weren't around for the first 9 million times we discussed it.

Best Furry NA 10-30-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo (Hozzászólás 30866260)
And if you guys could help me keep it bumped and keep this thread near the top, it might discourage people from reposting the same idea.

Half the point of the thread is to show all those numb-skulls that YES, YOUR IDEA HAS BEEN POSTED ON THE FORUMS BEFORE. The other half of the point to the thread is to include all the arguments for and against the idea in one condensed location so that people can understand that the debate has happened hundreds of times already and all the pros and cons have already been discussed. We don't need yet another thread to discuss the same dusty old idea just because you weren't around for the first 9 million times we discussed it.

Pure win.

And the consensus every time?

Good idea, possibly great, but Riot and many players value creativity more.

Jp3 10-30-2012 08:16 PM

Id say "Why not have 2 queues, one for role picking, one for just whatever" but I feel like increasing queue times for people in the higher ELO's isnt a good idea.

PogoPogoPogoPogo 10-30-2012 08:34 PM

This already exists. It's called queuing with 4 friends.