League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Elise and Shadow Isles AMA! ON REDDIT! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2743766)

Grand Viper 10-30-2012 12:31 PM

Elise and Shadow Isles AMA! ON REDDIT!

And not our forums!

I feel slightly insulted!

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...dow_isles_ama/

Okay, truthfully, I feel quite insulted!

webbut 10-30-2012 02:45 PM

I agree. I understand if they want to do both but to exclude us entirely? As far as I know they didn't even make a post here to tell us to go on reddit. So wtf.

sleepyj101 10-30-2012 06:39 PM

You know the saying "Make new friends but keep the old." Riot apparently doesn't follow it. They seem to realize the majority of the folks here are upset with them so they decided to abandon this place for new audiences.

Sylph 10-30-2012 08:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grand Viper (Hozzászólás 30858743)
And not our forums!

I feel slightly insulted!

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...dow_isles_ama/

Okay, truthfully, I feel quite insulted!

Hmm...

Grand Viper 10-30-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylph (Hozzászólás 30875763)
Hmm...

I...actually don't know where that is, Sylph. Where exactly is that link? Is that in your stickyed thread? I'm trying not to sound dumb here, but I don't know where I should look for that link. And not to offend you, but my main issue with this problem is that a Rioter didn't post on this forum a thread to let us know that an AMA is being had in Reddit, which I think would be most appropriate considering we're the lore community. Why is there no AMA on the Lore forums, and on Reddit? If they wanted to make it all on Reddit, why not alert us that it's there with a big announcement post?

In short, I would have liked Riot to let us know as a group that there was an AMA on Reddit since not all of us go to it, which is easy considering there is a forum called the Lore forums. Heck, I had to make an account to even post my questions on the AMA when I found out it's there.

NecroticBinder 10-31-2012 01:58 PM

(Sorry for the semi-necro)

... I know this goes against what I've said before, but really? This is honestly, quite frankly pathetic and insulting. This is extremely unfair to the portion of the people who enjoy the lore and do not browse reddit, or simply people who don't browse reddit in general. I even have an account on reddit, am subscribed to the LoL subreddit and had no clue this existed. The fact that the lore forums was not informed is showing that Riot is losing it's vision of communicating with the community, when the community that is INCREDIBLY relevant to that AMA was informed of it, not by Riot, but by a player.

Riot used to be a company that at least seemed to value player interaction within their own community, and while the LoL community on Reddit is part of that, it still feels like stabbing players in the back when you do not inform the ones that browse your own site of this. Information regarding the altars was posted on reddit, yet if no one posted it here it's unlikely that half the people on this forum would ever see this.

Sigh. The point of my rant is that the further Riot acts, the farther they go on and grow, the farther they seem to be moving away from who they originally were. I understand that it should be expected, but there is always that hope that things won't change radically, especially not for the worse.

And yes Slyph, while the AMA was on your thread, it is the point that Riot wouldn't link it to us, and were it not for your, and Grand Viper's diligence, very few people would have known about it from the lore forum.

Quote:

The man and the women are husband and wife. They died thousands of years ago and their spirits are forever bound to the place of their death. Over time they have forgotten much of what they knew of their life.
The husband has almost completely forgotten his life, and his wife, to the point where he has become a zealot for the shadow isles. He literally doesn't remember he was ever alive, except in rare moments of lucidity. He is proud and eager to serve those who represent the interests of the shadow isles.
His wife still remembers fragments of her life, and her humanity. She is tormented by her undead state, and longs to be free. She misses her husband, wants to be with him, and also wants him to be set free. Though she is a tragic character, she is also a vengeful one. She judges the champions of the shadow isles for their actions both in death, and in their former lives./
Is the part about the altars I was discussing earlier for those interested.

Hideous Z 10-31-2012 02:49 PM

Didn't like the feedback they were getting here, so moved it to reddit without saying anything? I don't have a reddit account, wouldn't have seen this without the notification.

On the other hand, now that I've read it, I'm even more discouraged. Riot's game, their choice with where they want to take it...but man, I just feel like they're ruining a great story. I guess I just need to let go - what appeals to me doesn't necessarily make good business sense, etc. Oh well.

Sylph 10-31-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grand Viper (Hozzászólás 30876913)
I...actually don't know where that is, Sylph. Where exactly is that link? Is that in your stickyed thread? I'm trying not to sound dumb here, but I don't know where I should look for that link.

I just added it to the archive for reference purposes. I don't control where / when Riot posts. There's a full table of contents that allows users to navigate the form.

Thanks for the down votes everyone - makes me feel really appreciated.

Hideous Z 10-31-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylph (Hozzászólás 30898535)
I just added it to the archive for reference purposes. I don't control where / when Riot posts.

Thanks for the downvotes - makes me feel really appreciated.

Upvoted :)

I think people thought you were smugly pointing out your link (as in: you have no reason to be angry, it's here), hence the downvotes.

But feel appreciated, you do great work.

Grand Viper 11-02-2012 08:34 PM

-Self bump because I'm still pretty upset about this. There is still no link from a Red on the Lore forums.