League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   @Riot: TT Lore Change - Maokai and Official RPs (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2743149)

Cryypter 10-30-2012 06:45 AM

@Riot: TT Lore Change - Maokai and Official RPs

Kitae, Runaan, or any other Rioter who frequents the Lore forums:

With the Twisted Treeline update changing the location from the mainland to the Shadow Isles, Maokai's lore will require a lot of changes to make it fit in with this change. However, Maokai was one of the few champions (2, I think?) who had an official RP as an integral part of their background. Will that be completely thrown out the window, or is there any plan to try to integrate it into his lore update?

The official RPs were one of my favorite aspects of the Lore, as it allowed us to actually develop our summoner characters within canon, and to be able to actively participate with Rioters. Though I would love it if they made a return, I can understand the lack of new official RPs, but I would be very sad if the existing ones were simply discarded.

justcallmedewey 10-30-2012 06:57 AM

As a huge Maokai fan, this question is also on my mind as well. I have faith that a logcial inconsistency like this will not go unnoticed, but my burning curiosity is all the stronger in anticipation of how they will rewrite his lore.

One thing I like most about Maokai is that while he's intimidating, he's not evil or malicious. He's just a champion of the natural world and wishes to rejoin his arboreal brethren in the forest. Therefore, he doesn't really fit with the lore of the Shadow Isles.

1Eredale 10-30-2012 11:07 AM

I concur. As a former participant, I'd like to hear something in regards to this.

Grand Viper 10-30-2012 11:51 AM

Along the same lines, Kitae also mentioned that Maokai's lore will be updated in the near future, seeing as how he originated from the old Twisted Treeline map

"We are planning on doing a lore update for Maoki in the future.

As a preview, Maoki will not become an undead tree. He will retain a connection to TT as a connection to the Shadow Isles, but he will not be a Shadow Isles champion. As a proponent of nature, he will see the shadow isles as an abomination."

Cryypter 11-05-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grand Viper (Hozzászólás 30859352)
Along the same lines, Kitae also mentioned that Maokai's lore will be updated in the near future, seeing as how he originated from the old Twisted Treeline map

"We are planning on doing a lore update for Maoki in the future.

As a preview, Maoki will not become an undead tree. He will retain a connection to TT as a connection to the Shadow Isles, but he will not be a Shadow Isles champion. As a proponent of nature, he will see the shadow isles as an abomination."

Yeah, I read that, which makes me think they will be ignoring the ORP, but I wanted to check to make sure, and hopefully dissuade them if they were. :)