League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Kitae shedding some light on Shadow Isles's lore o: (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2742827)

Carmilia 10-30-2012 02:21 AM

Kitae shedding some light on Shadow Isles's lore o:

Yesterday while navigating the forums, i felt like visiting once again the Lore forums. I used to be a huge fan of LoL's lore until the JoJ 'launched it last number'. From this, we all could agree that the game's lore became not THAT exciting as it used to be, and at least, Riot's aware that the new introduced lore for new champions needed, somewhat, to be changed. Now, with the introduction of the Shadow Isles, a new lore-related arc opens, and i believe that it came kicking in pretty hard, given the fact that the JoJ's arc kind of ended in a cliffhanger and we're unsure if Riot's planing on continueing it.

But anyway, i wasnt really aware of the Shadow Isles 'magic' (derp) until i saw the threads in here about the Altars and their interactions with Shadow Isles's champions. Found it really interesting, because, at my very own understanding, Shadow Isles's a cursed place, and for whatever reason, it turns people on what they're now. Some might accept their new aspect of life (Mordekaiser, Karthus, Elise...) while others are somehow forced by the curse (Yorick, Hecarim...). And so far i'm loving it. When Yorick's lore was released, it was somehow interesting, and the addition of his Judgement makes you realized, that Yorick's not, essentially, a 'bad guy'. Its way more complex than people thinks.

I like also the fact that Riot's trying to pull out something else with Hecarim. Reading the Shadow Isles's lines, he doesnt seem like a simple Herald of War that brings death and destruction wherever he steps on. I really hope that Riot gives us little hints about what happened in the place some time ago.

Anyway, i wanted to post, if it wasnt posted yet, something posted in Surrender @ 20 (so redundant e__e). An AMA post Kitae did in reddit, where she kind of revealed and answered some questions towards the Shadow Isles's lore, revealing what the Altars are, and why they seem opposed of ea other:

Here, the link to the AMA thread ~ > http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...dow_isles_ama/

Here, the link to what Moobeat from Surrender @ 20 found more interesting about Shadow Isles's lore ~ > http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/10...ddit.html#more

Also, sorry if you guys already posted this. I was looking on the forums and didnt find anything related to it at all. D:

Also, remarking something Kitae said. We DO want some more Lore in our game. :c Having champion's backstories, having their mindset deployed, knowing how they act and what motivates them. This kind of little things, imo, is what hype me the most when it comes to buying newly released champions. When i play with Swain and the enemy has a Jarvan in their formation, i feel a weird urge of killing him myself, and plenty of stuff like that.

Many people says that lore's unneeded in games like LoL. And i'd claim. Alas, poor ignorants. :c

ColdBlood 10-30-2012 02:57 AM

agreed!

Dirge Farum 10-30-2012 04:01 AM

I like the lines of lore spoken at the altars, and I hope stuff like this continues.

I'm still not sold on having a Field of Justice physically ON the Shadow Isles though...

Also, Kitae worries me when talk of tying the other maps to the world better. I don't want to log in and see that the Crystal Scar is now in Bilgewater or something. I mean, changing the Twisted Treeline messed with a few things including Maokai, but changing the location of the Crystal Scar would just throw out, what, like a whole arc of the JoJ?

Cerubois 10-30-2012 10:27 AM

I'm a fan of Reddit and everything... But why are they holding the AMA there instead of here? >.>

KuzAnn 10-30-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerubois (Hozzászólás 30856926)
I'm a fan of Reddit and everything... But why are they holding the AMA there instead of here? >.>

That's what I'd like to know... Did we even get a heads-up that it was happening over there?

MuppetPasta 10-30-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KuzAnn (Hozzászólás 30859083)
That's what I'd like to know... Did we even get a heads-up that it was happening over there?

It's so people who don't like the new lore don't get to criticize them or something I bet.

CARDBOARDWARRIOR 10-31-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerubois (Hozzászólás 30856926)

Larger audience. Also if they posted it here we'd take the piss out of em for butchering the lore, and Reddit is full of yesmen who'll give them praise instead of proper feedback.

Thanias1 10-31-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirge Farum (Hozzászólás 30849633)
I like the lines of lore spoken at the altars, and I hope stuff like this continues.

I'm still not sold on having a Field of Justice physically ON the Shadow Isles though...

Also, Kitae worries me when talk of tying the other maps to the world better. I don't want to log in and see that the Crystal Scar is now in Bilgewater or something. I mean, changing the Twisted Treeline messed with a few things including Maokai, but changing the location of the Crystal Scar would just throw out, what, like a whole arc of the JoJ?

I don't think they would move the Crystal Scar at all. It has been tied into the lore A LOT through the JoJ with Kulumundu and all, but TT was just there next to Zaun, and the location wasn't that important or explicit in the lore. So moving it to the Shadow Isles made it a LOT more interesting, but Crystal Scar? It has waaay to much backstory to it, it isn't worth remaking.

Grand Viper 10-31-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanias1 (Hozzászólás 30909474)
I don't think they would move the Crystal Scar at all. It has been tied into the lore A LOT through the JoJ with Kulumundu and all, but TT was just there next to Zaun, and the location wasn't that important or explicit in the lore. So moving it to the Shadow Isles made it a LOT more interesting, but Crystal Scar? It has waaay to much backstory to it, it isn't worth remaking.

Maokai is an officially RP'ed event that took place in the TT that was played by both Rioters and fans, making him a community made champion/event. He was brought to life explicitly because of how badly ravaged the land is due to magical abuse and whatever Zaun was doing.

Nocturne also comes from the TT because that is where the Nexus shard that entrapped him comes from. Why he materialized there rather than somewhere else, may be tied with the magic abuse as well.

sleepyj101 10-31-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanias1 (Hozzászólás 30909474)

Never underestimate an artist with something to prove. It's been repeated over and over how much better the past lore was. Kitae may just throw it all up in the air in an attempt to validate herself and the new "direction".