League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Esports Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Low elo is impossible to escape unless you are lucky (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2742431)

FoliagedPegasus 10-29-2012 10:31 PM

Low elo is impossible to escape unless you are lucky

i cant escape this cancerous elo range. I went all the way down to 897 elo and brought my self all the way back to 1250 but that doesn't matter because people in ranked litteraly get worse as you get back to 1200 elo. Honestly this is starting to piss me off. every few games i win i just lose after words. so if i win 2 games i will lose 2 games. I know all of you fortunate *******s who managed to dodge elo hell say elo hell inst real you are just bad" But seriously come on! Last game i played i went 13 and 2 as graves but that didnt matter because our mid fed kat 10 kills in 20 minutes and rengar was building adc. How do people that stupid get to level 30 and decide they should play ranked. This is freaking ridiculous.

Hanzo604 10-29-2012 10:45 PM

I agree with you 1100-1300 is hard to get out of, ive been doing the same thing as you. I had people on my team yesterday with under 20 normal wins on their accounts. I dont know how these people start at 1200.

FoliagedPegasus 10-29-2012 10:46 PM

Yeah im tired of it i just want season 3 to come and wait for all the bads to get like 200 elo then start playing ranked again.

Selcopa 10-29-2012 11:06 PM

This simply isnt the case.

Ive played at brackets between 400-2300. And ive played plenty in the 1k-1400 range while occassionally there are worse players at higher brackets than others, as a whole, if you are unable to handle the players in the 1200s, you will not be able to handle the players in the 1300s.

I have no problem winning 4v5s in the 1200s and its not because im godlike or anything, Im just much better than you thats all. I also have no more abilities than you, I dont have secret runes or bonus masteries, im playing by the exact same rules as you. Which means you have no excuse other than the fact that you as an individual are not good at this game.

Once you settle down and accept that, you will be ready to improve your game and move to the level you think you belong at. But it is quite clear that you are no where near ready for anything beyond 1200.

SteAK 47 10-30-2012 07:22 AM

That is a pretty smug post to make, Selcopa. If you don't mind though, HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING (being that you are so much better than the supposed horrible players who are apparently stuck at 1.2k for a reason) What would you have done in his situation? because I know that all too well. Sure, you can try to carry; but when you have one kid returning to lane and dying multiple times within the first 10 minutes, you are pretty much screwed.

Selcopa 10-30-2012 09:59 AM

I make nice posts when people are actively interested in improving, people who are whiners i have no pity.

The fact of the matter is the player believes themselves to be skilled, at least to the point where they belong 100-200 points higher than they actually are. Ive reviewed replays for over 100 players(over 200 replays) And I simply am not seeing this, I see tons of mistakes, in fact nearly every game sent to me I felt was winnable had the player done things differently.

So what would I done in his situation? Well it really depends, without a replay its tough to point to specific actions, also this type of situation is often over exaggerated quite a bit, for instance, the OP would have you believe in the first 20 minutes he went 13/2, and katarina solo'd her opponent 10 times. In reality this probably didnt happen, the jungle probably helped snowball mid, and graves probably got a few kills in lane.

So now specifically what can we do differently with the information we have, for starters we gotta stop kat from snowballing, kat gets a huge lead you gotta shut that down, if your mid lane is getting eaten alive, start ganking, kat is difficult to gank but if she's dominating the lane you can bait her into over extending and ganking her, then you need to collapse the lanes, start taking towers, if you are dominating your lane and katarina is not roaming down to 4 man gank, then you probably werent dominating the lane that hard, but regardless, you gotta stop kat from killing mid, take down your tower, work your way to mid.

This gives 1500 gold, you should be able to secure a dragon for another 1000 gold, get some MR, have your support grab an aegis, id consider a banshees if im 13/2, GA just isnt gonna do the trick vs a fed kat. Also you need to roam as a team, pick people off more than team fight, especially if you can snag kat, ward up, its actually worth it to sell a dorans blade to give yourself a slot to buy wards if your team isnt buying enough, roam as a group as soon as you see someone(especially kat) out of position, go for a gib somewhere.

Like I said, without a full replay(and if you have one id be happy to go over it with you) its tough to go into specifics for your game, another thing to keep in mind is if you are confident early on, you can easily buy a Sword of Occult, its 100% worth it if you can keep those stacks up, and helps you maintain power while allowing you to build some HP or defense.

FoliagedPegasus 10-30-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selcopa (Hozzászólás 30856226)
I make nice posts when people are actively interested in improving, people who are whiners i have no pity.

The fact of the matter is the player believes themselves to be skilled, at least to the point where they belong 100-200 points higher than they actually are. Ive reviewed replays for over 100 players(over 200 replays) And I simply am not seeing this, I see tons of mistakes, in fact nearly every game sent to me I felt was winnable had the player done things differently.

So what would I done in his situation? Well it really depends, without a replay its tough to point to specific actions, also this type of situation is often over exaggerated quite a bit, for instance, the OP would have you believe in the first 20 minutes he went 13/2, and katarina solo'd her opponent 10 times. In reality this probably didnt happen, the jungle probably helped snowball mid, and graves probably got a few kills in lane.

So now specifically what can we do differently with the information we have, for starters we gotta stop kat from snowballing, kat gets a huge lead you gotta shut that down, if your mid lane is getting eaten alive, start ganking, kat is difficult to gank but if she's dominating the lane you can bait her into over extending and ganking her, then you need to collapse the lanes, start taking towers, if you are dominating your lane and katarina is not roaming down to 4 man gank, then you probably werent dominating the lane that hard, but regardless, you gotta stop kat from killing mid, take down your tower, work your way to mid.

This gives 1500 gold, you should be able to secure a dragon for another 1000 gold, get some MR, have your support grab an aegis, id consider a banshees if im 13/2, GA just isnt gonna do the trick vs a fed kat. Also you need to roam as a team, pick people off more than team fight, especially if you can snag kat, ward up, its actually worth it to sell a dorans blade to give yourself a slot to buy wards if your team isnt buying enough, roam as a group as soon as you see someone(especially kat) out of position, go for a gib somewhere.

Like I said, without a full replay(and if you have one id be happy to go over it with you) its tough to go into specifics for your game, another thing to keep in mind is if you are confident early on, you can easily buy a Sword of Occult, its 100% worth it if you can keep those stacks up, and helps you maintain power while allowing you to build some HP or defense.

Even if someone is actually bad and stuck at this elo. How can they really improve? the play style at the low 1200's is so stupid. people are way too aggressive and greedy and nobody cs's well either. like most games i play people might make it to 100 cs 20 minutes but they assume "im winning lane so i better let my opponent free farm while i roam"around" And as many times as you say focus this or focus that they always go for the support. Idk what it is but people at this elo assume that focusing the support is the best plan i guess.

Wrosgar 10-30-2012 11:23 PM

No joke, I had a brand new 30 that I started playing ranked with and I jumped up to 1500 within only 10 games. I have no problems in those lower elo's.

ninjagear 10-31-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoliagedPegasus (Hozzászólás 30875058)
Even if someone is actually bad and stuck at this elo. How can they really improve? the play style at the low 1200's is so stupid. people are way too aggressive and greedy and nobody cs's well either. like most games i play people might make it to 100 cs 20 minutes but they assume "im winning lane so i better let my opponent free farm while i roam"around" And as many times as you say focus this or focus that they always go for the support. Idk what it is but people at this elo assume that focusing the support is the best plan i guess.

one think that helped me gain elo was to realize for every bad player on my team the other team also has a bad player. if a team of bad players can take advantage of ur team, then one good player (you) should also be able to take advantage of a bad team (them).

Grann Brigitte 10-31-2012 11:16 AM

The Lower elos are kind of a joke if you know what you are doing. I quit ranked in S2 (thought I was quitting league, so I dicked around and crashed my elo), but S1 I hovered around 1850.

The thing you gotta understand is, well, there is really not much difference at all between 1000 and 1400. It's where like, 50%+ of all players fall, and the skill differential is not large even across a 100 elo gap. Now, go up to 1700- there is a pretty ****ing huge difference between a 1700 and 1800. The value of elo scales exponentially with how many people are at that level- and the dropoff accelerates as you approach the extremes. The value of each win has greater virtual worth because it is against harder opponents.

I know I could just bulldoze up to gold before the season ends, but unfortunately I have a 40 hour a week job now and other things to occupying my free time. I considered trying it, but after 3 games and 2 afkers, it just didn't seem worth it- my normal queue is at +110 games or so, and the games are better than I would get in ranked until I got back up to my old elo.

If you are struggling to make it past 1200, realize that this means that your presence in the game has no impact on it's outcome. You are as likely to produce losses as you are wins. Whatever you are doing, it is not what is done to win games.
How you fix this is up to you.