League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I want to find a good top lane :/ (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2741229)

GoldArcon 10-29-2012 04:52 PM

I want to find a good top lane :/

I want to get a top laner but i don't know who to choose:
Nautilus- Great tank, good a.o.e slows and cc but terrible early game sustain and farm for top but decent jungle
Olaf- Strong laning, good harrass, loses too much hp cause of ragnarok harrass and not alot of cc to catch up thus making u have to build F.M (Frozen Mallet)
Jarvan VI- Good ulti, great late game, synergizes with ganks with high damage, NO DAMAGE LATE GAME, can only tank late
Vladmir- Hard to last hit if ur use to adc's good ap carry when using health strong laner but loses to much hp if properly harrassed by opponent overall decent
Darius- I heard he's op but i've seen bad darius's and he doesn't seem good, i've also see decent darius's but they still look bad, i've only seen my friend play darius but his elo is 1800 so i don't know.
Please help me choose a strong top laner i can't decide

Unwardil 10-29-2012 05:04 PM

Go Jarvan, the world needs more Jarvan.

It's true he doesn't have as much late game damage as an Irelia or the clean up power of a Darius, but he has the ability to burst his way right through a whole team and pick off the most dangerous thing they've got and then gtfo.

Build yourself with Trinity Force, Guardian angel and Ghost Blade and you can kill an adc before they even hit the ground. He's also got the advantage that his Dragons strike lets him keep up in farm with just about anybody. Even Jayce doesn't give me too many problems.

Jarvan would be my pick out of that list.

AWildRaticate 10-29-2012 05:11 PM

Nautilus. His early lane sustain isn't hard as long as you play smart. Just manage your mana a little bit and you can easily burst someone down for a kill then shove the lane up and go b for mana. Naut has been my main since he came out and I think he's far better top than in the jungle. Nearly impossible to kill, inescapable when the jungle shows up to gank. Enough power to get kills by himself (but always take ignite). And, on top of that, he becomes the most dangerous tank in the game later because he has 5 forms of CC when you take Exhaust.

Vuther 10-29-2012 05:12 PM

Olaf and Vladimir are probably the most reliable solo-tops out of that list.

I would rarely suggest Nautilus for the task... if ever.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unwardil (Hozzászólás 30833811)
Go Jarman, the world needs more Jarman.

It's true he doesn't have as much late game damage as an Irelia or the clean up power of a Darius, but he has the ability to burst his way right through a whole team and pick off the most dangerous thing they've got and then gtfo.

Build yourself with Trinity Force, Guardian angel and Ghost Blade and you can kill an adc before they even hit the ground. He's also got the advantage that his Dragons strike lets him keep up in farm with just about anybody. Even Jayce doesn't give me too many problems.

Jarman would be my pick out of that list.

Fixed

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWildRaticate (Hozzászólás 30834075)
Nautilus. His early lane sustain isn't hard as long as you play smart. Just manage your mana a little bit and you can easily burst someone down for a kill then shove the lane up and go b for mana. Naut has been my main since he came out and I think he's far better top than in the jungle. Nearly impossible to kill, inescapable when the jungle shows up to gank. Enough power to get kills by himself (but always take ignite). And, on top of that, he becomes the most dangerous tank in the game later because he has 5 forms of CC when you take Exhaust.

I'm not seeing it. His base durability stats start out bad, his shield starts out badly (Garen, Rengar, Olaf, Jax and Darius are just a few examples that can easily burst down the shield and leave Nautilus with minimal ability to trade over time... and they all totally can), and his slow autoattacks easily allow enemies to easily harass him while he's attempting to farm.

CerealBoxOfDoom 10-29-2012 05:41 PM

irelia, the gentlemans toplaner

Qc tinmoncriss 10-29-2012 06:01 PM

teemo !

Eugenides 10-29-2012 06:09 PM

If I may....I could recommend Riven. She's very strong. This is a fairly good look at her: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=16914

Sup3rPhr3ak79 10-29-2012 08:18 PM

I would recommend Irelia. She's very fun in top lane. But if you want someone from that list, I would choose Vladimir. He's a good, solid top laner because of his range and sustain, although he is weak for the first few levels.

GuyWonder 10-30-2012 12:03 AM

Teemo is viable top lane in normal queue however I often hear nobody picks him for ranked. Rengar is also a great top lane. Diana as well. Jax, Mordekaiser, think outside the normal top lanes you always see. People already know how to counter those. Mordekaiser is especially hard to lane against if you're good with him. Also Yorick; he's not called the lane bully for nothing. There's also Rumble.

IS1b1ac1a18c7b4f6305ef8 10-30-2012 12:24 AM

irelia

WW

singed

GP

Wukong

Jax

are all better solotop than what you have in your list