League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Poor Mundo (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2739276)

Mineomancer 10-29-2012 07:07 AM

Poor Mundo

Sorry if this is something that's been brought up and discussed to death already on the forums, though I think it's unlikely.

TL;DR: Totally not a fan of the new itemization on TT.

My major gripe is the new item on tt that procs the grievous wound on hit effect really hurts Mundo. Sure, most teams have at least 2 ignites on them anyway, but even if they're perfectly timing their ignite, Mundo's ult is on a relatively short CD with some CD reduction items like spirit visage so you can generally get a few solid ults off for the full amount mid game.

Sure, executioner's calling has always been around and with its short active (20 sec cd?) you could hinder Mundo's ult the entire game, but I rarely see anyone ever build that, because the stat's aren't amazing and it fills a pretty niche itemization.

But a new item with decent stats and grievous wound on hit? Yeah, poor Mundo. Might effect a few other champs slightly. Warwick has tons of innate lifesteal but is usually so tanky that the lack of lifesteal isn't going to break him (could be wrong). Voli's passive get's smashed a bit.

I realize this only effects a few champions, but I thought the whole idea of the new TT was to promote more choice in champion select, not less. Totally fine with something like the new black torch, as I can see it helping AP's against a tanky/bruiser meta, where a lot of AP's tend to taper off towards the end of a complete build.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I just being stupid b/c I love to play Mundo that much? It's possible. The new item might not have too much of an impact, I'm all for testing. Just throwing out initial concern and wanting opinions from other Mundo player's on TT.

Any new must buy items for Mundo? I know I'm going to miss Warmogs on the new TT. Wasn't necessarily a staple, but I liked having the option if I got really ahead on gold, and I don't think the new health item (+850 health/ +200 health over x sec on kill/assist) is really worth it. Again, initial impression only.

Mineomancer 10-29-2012 07:27 AM

Bump

Haeval 10-29-2012 07:36 AM

honestly, though i am not a fan of the new tt map at all, I have tried it a few times.

Haven't lost as mundo yet. .... at all... on that map. New greivous wounds items don't matter. Do this:

Merc Treads
Sunfire Cape
Spirit's Visage
Big HP item (new one works, but honestly, any 500hp+ item will do
FoN
New armor pen/ap vamp mace thingie. (straight up armor instead if they're still hurting you)

Mineomancer 10-29-2012 07:41 AM

Haeval - Thanks for the build suggestion. Never thought to try to the new armor pen vamp mace item. Will test it out.

Mind if I ask what runes you're using?

I generally run:
Reds - Attk Speed
Yellows - Armor
Blues - Flat MR usually - sometimes scaling.
Quints - Armor usually. Prefer move speed but sometimes I feel a bit squishy.

FDru 10-29-2012 08:00 AM

MUNDO PRESS Q AND RUN, MUNDO LOSE SISSY GRIEVOUS WOUNDS IN 1.5 SECONDS AND HEAL TO FULL

mundo use lowercase to avoid caps filter

Mineomancer 10-29-2012 08:05 AM

Haha...yeah, Mundo can kite like a boss. I guess my issue is I usually solo queue and we all know the lack of team coordination that goes on in solo queue. When team fights happen towards mid to late game, it's usually "all in" b/c if you try to kite, you're team will sit there and try to 2v3...

...then when they die, "***, Mundo! Why did you run!! Noob!"

Forbiddian 10-29-2012 10:47 AM

Too bad. I for one would love to see Mundo even stronger.

Goggris 10-29-2012 10:50 AM

Poor Mundo? Think about Akali now. Akali is simply unpickable on this new map. Two very cheap items that shut out her invisiblity utility.

IrrationalNoob 10-29-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goggris (Hozzászólás 30819112)
Poor Mundo? Think about Akali now. Akali is simply unpickable on this new map. Two very cheap items that shut out her invisiblity utility.

Still ok beacuse of her burst, but I agree she is a much weaker pick.