League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   PVP.net Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   0-5 Win players matched with 120 win players? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2737635)

sKumbagJdos 10-28-2012 05:12 PM

0-5 Win players matched with 120 win players?

Dear Riot,

Not sure if this rant is meant to go here but recently I have been getting A LOT of 0 - 10 win players matched with me in ranked. It was my understanding that until they were actually ranked or until they reached 10 wins they did not get to play with people who had for instance 100 wins. I really feel this disadvantages players like myself who have worked there but of getting out of what most people call hell, it has seriously come to the stage where you look them up on LOLKING and just dodge q which I do not approve of but lets face it, do you really want to be playing with someone that 1) does not talk in que, 2) instant locks champions without communicating and 3) has no idea how to last hit, gank or play any position bar the one they instant lock and 4) have ridiculous summoner spells.

I worked extremely hard at end of season to get from 800 elo to what I am now 1193 elo, however I find it ridiculously frustrating that people who have over 100 wins have to que with people who are not even properly ranked yet.

If you could consider making 2 q's one for under 10 - 20 wins and one for over 10 - 20 wins for elo between 1100 and 1300 this would be greatly appreciated.

Devious Rogue 10-31-2012 02:24 AM

I approve of this.

Qwerty Nightmare 10-31-2012 03:19 PM

Well, when you join ranked, you start at 1200 elo. It's normal you will play with such people at this rank.

I had 1400 elo and was matchmaked with lucky idiot who had only 8 wins. I never understood how he could win those games as he was totaly useless.

SinGenGenSou 11-01-2012 04:53 PM

It's a big problem.
For example, when I was level 15, I finished a game and look at the level and performance.
It showed me like this.
team 1
lv 5 win 3
lv15 win 65 (me)
lv12 win11
lv14 win15
lv14 win 9
team 2
lv20 win 85
lv25 win140
lv22 win100
lv22 win 85
lv24 win 95

I couldn't say anything for this game

Gladius Prime 11-01-2012 09:01 PM

I really wish Riot would address this- last night i was able to hit 1163 after a long long climb from 700. Yes i sucked when i started ranked but i learned got better watched streams. So i go to play today on my day off and game after game after game i get 2 people with around 5-20 wins.

I could go into detail about how bad they were and fed etc. I didn't rage and I gave advice and they just didnt care or just said sorry and kept feeding anyways. I really couldnt tell the difference between raging and not raging as the results were still the same.

It wasn't just a few losses it was a straight up nose dive in elo to 1000 again. Seriously i cant play there champs for them. Kind of a waste of ranked play, i should have just played assasins creed III if i knew i was going to spend the day giving away elo.

Do what WoW did for arena, start everyone at 0 and let them climb.

RiotKiddington 11-10-2012 04:04 AM

I will take this under consideration.

Ravenshire 11-10-2012 04:56 AM

I hate to say it, but this is hands down the single biggest reason I've shied away from ranked play at all. I sincerely hope you will take note of comments like the ones that this thread generates Kiddington, as there has to be a solution that will work better for players.

I have a platinum ranked friend that's played actively since beta that 'evaluated' my play as being in the 1600-1700 elo range. I trust his evaluation (I learned how to play by joining high-elo premades with his friends and being forced to keep up) but would frankly much, much rather carry my way up to my true score than hit an unlucky matchmaking streak and have to spend 2 months climbing out of an "ELO dive zone" for no reason. This is basically the single reason I haven't bothered with ranked yet.

The two solutions that jump out at me are either starting everyone at zero, as suggested above, which would make auto-sorting to the correct much less fraught with the risk of falling into an "ELO dive zone" at the expense of taking much longer to get to the 1200 range and impacting very low ELO play, or creating a separate queue specifically for qualifiers.

Krìn 11-10-2012 05:17 AM

This is why people utterly hate the current ELO system.

It's a very bad experience for players. Especially if they have to lookup players on third party websites, or dodge, just to get a decent/fair game underway. On top of that, players who dodge because of this have to wait.

Murglurgl 11-10-2012 05:42 AM

On top of all of this, these players are normally the ones that rage and quit if you give them ANY criticism. I had someone in a game with me yesterday with 0 ranked wins. it was his 1st ranked game. He called ADC, and I normally have no problem playing support because I know how much a good support can contribute to a team. However when your ADC is auto attacking the lane to the tower and dying every 2 mins it just makes me go "why in gods name did I say ok to playing support...."

IS149080d6605e20d28653a 11-10-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotKiddington (Hozzászólás 31246837)
I will take this under consideration.

I've been having serious trouble gettin out of 1200 elo specifically becouse of this problem.

Having like 800 ranked wins and being matched with people who are just starting is simply wrong.
Its not even about rising or loosing my elo.It is absolutely bad experience to have your games ruined like that.

Im bad thats why im only at silver rating, but people who are jsut starting simply dont belong here. Why do i have to experience this degree of bad players so frequently after climbing my way up to 1200 - 1300 elo.
And there is also second problem of duo queuing people with large difference in elo.
i've lost 2 matches today at 1300-1400 elo specifiacly becouse there was a duo of high elo guy with somoene below 1200 that made completely wrong things.